WTB: Computer Parts - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-23-2020, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
WTB: Computer Parts

Anyone have recent computer parts they've upgraded from or aren't using that they'd sell at a decent price? Long story short I just lost a few thousand dollars of equipment in a basement flood including my HTPC that was pretty well equipped. I'm in the process of figuring out what is salvageable, but so far I know the ram, CPU, motherboard and SSD are toast as they were all submerged in the water. Hopefully the GTX 1080 is good as it was higher up in the case and untouched, but I won't know until I can rebuild the main pieces first, otherwise a graphics card will get added to the list.

I just ordered a replacement Z390 chipset motherboard, so now I will need the rest. It'll be unlikely someone has a spare 8th or 9th gen CPU laying around, so I am primarily looking for a HDD and some DDR4 ram at this point to save some money off getting it all new. SSD would be great, but a decent sized 1tb+ HDD is also fine. I'd look on facebook or craigslist but I've been burnt on PC parts over there in the past and I tend to trust people more in communities like this one more.

On another note, my Emotiva T1's were also submerged at the bottom maybe about a foot up but I'm 90% sure the only damage those will have will be some warped wood at the bottom. Removed the port and literally vacuumed a few gallons of water out. A very fun clean up all around!

Thank you all in advance!

EDIT: Already sound some ram.

EDIT 2: I am also need a PSU that is at least 500w or more and has the connections for a graphics card. Modular or semi modular would be great, but not really picky at this point.

-Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC Computer Items

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page