Looking for installer between Harrisburg and Philly. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-05-2018, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Exclamation Looking for installer between Harrisburg and Philly.

I'm looking for someone to ceiling mount my projector, run cabling and possibly build a AV rack in the wall or install a rack system. The work will be performed in my living room. I am located in Newmanstown, PA 17073, about an hour and 10 minutes from both Philly and Harrisburg.

The ceiling with certainly require some drywall patching and painting and more than likely some 2x4's thrown in the ceiling to mount the Chief hardware to. The two stores around here don't want to touch it because I am either not getting a full room build or because I didn't purchase my JVC and Si Screen through them. Because of this, I attempted to mount the projector this evening to get it off an old sub on the floor, but one of the bolts broke and that was enough to do me in

When I had my living room painted I had the contractor put an electrical outlet in for the PJ. Unfortunately I miscalculated and it will have to be moved back about two feet. If not, it'll just sit in front of the PJ which will bother me. If anyones interested in coming out and providing an estimate I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Judd

US ARMY: 11C4P08 (RET)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-12-2018, 04:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limp Fox View Post
I'm looking for someone to ceiling mount my projector, run cabling and possibly build a AV rack in the wall or install a rack system. The work will be performed in my living room. I am located in Newmanstown, PA 17073, about an hour and 10 minutes from both Philly and Harrisburg.

The ceiling with certainly require some drywall patching and painting and more than likely some 2x4's thrown in the ceiling to mount the Chief hardware to. The two stores around here don't want to touch it because I am either not getting a full room build or because I didn't purchase my JVC and Si Screen through them. Because of this, I attempted to mount the projector this evening to get it off an old sub on the floor, but one of the bolts broke and that was enough to do me in

When I had my living room painted I had the contractor put an electrical outlet in for the PJ. Unfortunately I miscalculated and it will have to be moved back about two feet. If not, it'll just sit in front of the PJ which will bother me. If anyones interested in coming out and providing an estimate I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Judd
You're saying you broke a bolt screwing the mount to the ceiling? Did you pre-drill the hole with an appropriate size bit? You need one at least the size of the shank of the screw.

Your to-do list is more like handyman stuff than av installer, it's stuff you can learn to do yourself with some google-fu and patience. Or if not I would look for a local handyman type person to handle the moving outlets and patching stuff etc. I'm near Hershey but I am struggling to get my own to-do list done. You can even find reviews on FB on Yelp these days, or pay attention to trucks driving around town, I frequently see handyman type trucks roaming around, then you can look up reviews, call them and see how they are, etc. Good Luck!
post #3 of 3 Old 02-13-2020, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limp Fox View Post

Thanks
Judd
Not sure if you still need someone, but let me know. I have a phenomenal custom guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Help Wanted/Seeking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page