Looking for a home theater consultant - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-05-2019, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking for a home theater consultant

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a remodel of my home and going to be installing a multi-purpose room with a projector based home theater.

About 10 years ago I setup a similar room in my prior house, and it took a lot of research and time to get it right. Given I'm doing most of the remodel myself, I'm looking to save some of that research time by finding someone who knows these types of home theater setups well and can consult for a few hours. Specifically, determining options for using my space with my seating placement, projector screen size and placement, projector selection and placement for my particular needs, and the same for speakers. It would be nice, but not necessary, if they can also speak to to any nice features that should be included during construction.

I live in Colorado, and am open to finding someone really good who can do this remotely (or open to someone local). I'm not really looking for someone who is looking to sell an install or equipment, rather a guru who has deep working knowledge in home theater and does consulting. I'm already over budget on the remodel, so budget minded, but do not want to cut corners.

Avery

To give an idea of the project and space, here's the plan I had started some time back:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	theater_v1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	2534730  

Last edited by AveryN; 03-05-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-12-2019, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryN View Post
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a remodel of my home and going to be installing a multi-purpose room with a projector based home theater.

About 10 years ago I setup a similar room in my prior house, and it took a lot of research and time to get it right. Given I'm doing most of the remodel myself, I'm looking to save some of that research time by finding someone who knows these types of home theater setups well and can consult for a few hours. Specifically, determining options for using my space with my seating placement, projector screen size and placement, projector selection and placement for my particular needs, and the same for speakers. It would be nice, but not necessary, if they can also speak to to any nice features that should be included during construction.

I live in Colorado, and am open to finding someone really good who can do this remotely (or open to someone local). I'm not really looking for someone who is looking to sell an install or equipment, rather a guru who has deep working knowledge in home theater and does consulting. I'm already over budget on the remodel, so budget minded, but do not want to cut corners.

Avery

To give an idea of the project and space, here's the plan I had started some time back:

I don’t know if I am a guru but I can tell you what has worked for me and can tell you what will work and tell you what will not work. I will also never tell you something I do not know about and therefore will never undermine your ongoing setup with misinformation.

Just a brief question. What’s the square footage of your home? Before and after remodeling/renovations?

And you say you’re past budget, but is there any critical component or piece of equipment that is necessary or essential to a competent home theater setup that you have NOT yet purchased?

Send me a PM back with a response if you so wish. I would like to help out if I can, and would enjoy to go over your plans and your questions in regards to those plans of yours.

Do it all or don't do it at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Help Wanted/Seeking

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page