In Need Of Calgary Alberta Custom Subwoofer Box - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tmccrea
  • 1 Post By Tmccrea
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-05-2019, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Red face In Need Of Calgary Alberta Custom Subwoofer Box

Hey guys,

Again I am quite new to this forum thing, please correct me if this isn't how I should be doing this.

I am looking to get 2 custom subwoofer boxes built (for Dayton UM 18") for home theater, PREFERABLY locally in Calgary Alberta Canada. If there is anyone out there that can help me, it would be much appreciated. I have already googled and checked Kijiji classifieds and messaged some places. So far, 2 responses and neither of them can help. I am hoping maybe there is a local dude on here that might be able to help.

I know that there are some flat pack options down in the states, but these would cost me an arm and a leg to ship up to Canada. I am sure I can get them built and painted for cheaper locally.

Thanks guys!

**My pen won't work to write my signature, I.T is working on it!
bwieler21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 05-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Newbie
 
Tmccrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwieler21 View Post
Hey guys,

Again I am quite new to this forum thing, please correct me if this isn't how I should be doing this.

I am looking to get 2 custom subwoofer boxes built (for Dayton UM 18") for home theater, PREFERABLY locally in Calgary Alberta Canada. If there is anyone out there that can help me, it would be much appreciated. I have already googled and checked Kijiji classifieds and messaged some places. So far, 2 responses and neither of them can help. I am hoping maybe there is a local dude on here that might be able to help.

I know that there are some flat pack options down in the states, but these would cost me an arm and a leg to ship up to Canada. I am sure I can get them built and painted for cheaper locally.

Thanks guys!
I can't DM you as I haven't got a high enough post count. I just completed two Mini Marty's that I may be will to sell. I am in Grande Prairie so I wouldn't be much of a help as far as assisting you in building some. I looked into the flat pack option when I was beginning but the shipping cost just didn't make sense to me.
bwieler21 likes this.
Tmccrea is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2019, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmccrea View Post
I can't DM you as I haven't got a high enough post count. I just completed two Mini Marty's that I may be will to sell. I am in Grande Prairie so I wouldn't be much of a help as far as assisting you in building some. I looked into the flat pack option when I was beginning but the shipping cost just didn't make sense to me.
Ok, just so I am understanding you. You have built 2 replicas of the Mini Marty's? Why would you be selling them? Are they for the UM18"?

**My pen won't work to write my signature, I.T is working on it!
bwieler21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 4 Old 05-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Newbie
 
Tmccrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwieler21 View Post
Ok, just so I am understanding you. You have built 2 replicas of the Mini Marty's? Why would you be selling them? Are they for the UM18"?
Yes I built replica Mini Marty's. I have a decent wood working back ground and so does my father. I used 3/4" Baltic Birch Plywood (Very Expensive). My dad just purchased a CNC router so I used it to cut my front baffles and the internal braces. I also used an HVLP painter to paint the boxes flat black and they look very good, no roller makes at all. If you send me your email I can send you a picture of them in place. I have watched 3 movies on them and they are amazing. My theater is open to the rest of my basement so I need alot of sub to be able to really feel it, these definitely do the job. I would be willing to sell the ones I have only because I am in the position to build a couple more easy enough.



Note I am powering them off of a NX-6000D amplifier.


EDIT: Yes they are Dayton UM18-22 subwoofer
bwieler21 likes this.
Tmccrea is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Help Wanted/Seeking

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off