Tekton Double Impact SE - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2019, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Tekton Double Impact SE

I’m a custom integrator in Southeast Wisconsin. I’m also a reseller of Tekton Design speakers. I have three Double Impact SEs purchased for a client that I am building a home theater for. They are matching, and intended for an LCR configuration behind an acoustically transparent screen. He would like to instead upgrade to the Encores or Ulfs for no reason other than he can. Originally I was given a budget of $10,000 for his LCRs but he now wants to exceed that.

The DI SE are special speakers so in way is that a negative. He just wants the best they have to offer. I know it’s a hard sell trying to sell three so he would consider selling just a pair. The current DIs are selling for $3,000/pair. The SEs are upgraded DIs and only through dealers. They retail at $6,500/pair, or $9,750 for the three. They are red and in perfect condition. The selling price for the pair is $3,800, or $5,000 for all three. This is a steal. Local pickup only but I’m located between Milwaukee and Chicago so if you are in this area and interested let me know. I do have them set up for demos if interested. They are not broken in yet but I’m blown away by them though I’m a dealer for some very prestigious speaker lines. The value here far exceeds anything else I’ve ever experienced. No grills though they can be ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC45374F-A773-4BC5-98EF-2BD0DE971A68.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2625658  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 42
What is upgraded in the SE version? There is no mention of the model on their site so details aren't available.

9.2.4 || Processor: Denon AVR-X3600H || Amps: Emotiva BasX A-300
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 LCR, BA VSi 593 IW Surround-Wide, BA VSi 560 IC Tops
Subs: Seaton Submersive F2+Slave Front
Screen: 2.40:1 Seymour XD, 120" wide || Projector: JVC RS-600 + Panamorph Paladin
Sources: Nvidia Shield, Oppo 205, Roku Ultra 4K, ATT UVerse, Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD
Old 10-29-2019, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

They are only sold through dealers (so not on their site) and have all upgraded components/transducers and custom auto grade finish. They have been reviewed both professionally and by previous DI owners (check Audiogon) and consensus seems to be they are not as “lively” but better/much more refined in every other aspect than standard DIs. If anyone has any other questions please DM me so I get notified via my email. I’m not on here daily.

For what it’s worth I’ve been asked about being new to AVS but actually been a member since 2003. I no longer have access to my email from back then so was not able to get a reset password link when passwords were changed. This is my new account. Spend most of my time on Audiogon anyway. Not a fly by night. I’ve been in the business for years and an authorized dealer for Tekton, Parasound, Paradigm, Denon/Marantz among many others. I don’t peddle online (not allowed to anyway) but I’ve been around for those asking and possibly concerned about purchasing these speakers from me. I’ve had some inquiries on that front so just addressing it for what it’s worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement