Screen Innovations Series 5 16:9 Fixed Frame and Slate 1.2 Material - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Naylorman32
  • 1 Post By Naylorman32

post #1 of 5 Old 11-11-2019, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Screen Innovations Series 5 16:9 Fixed Frame and Slate 1.2 Material

12.8. Update
Price dropped to $200 for each.

As referenced in my posting for the brand new screen, I also have some material that SI sent me during the process of ordering my new screen.

Series 5 16:9 Frame - $200
I didnt measure it with a whole lot of precision, as it was very obvious the frame was way too small for my material. But i think it was about 119" corner to corner of the frame. So that would somewhere around 112" viewing. Obviously if i were you, i'd double check this to be absolutely sure. All you need to do is order some screen material and you have a steal for a sick screen.

2 x Slate 1.2 Screen Material in 2.35 cut. 126" X 58 - $200 each
So this is where i ran into some problems. There was an issue with the screen material shrinking when it was in transit, so while the original material i was supposed to get was supposed to be around 128" in width, it kept coming in around 126. So i had 2 sets of this sent to be before we could figure out the issue and get the problem solved.
Therefore, these should be used as a DIY project where you are just looking for some ALR material. There is a rip on one of the connecting buttons on one of the sets from us trying to get it to fit the frame (picture shown). you should plan on cutting this portion off as i would assume you would be resizing the material regardless. Also you would want to smooth them out a bit as they have been rolled up for about 2 weeks now and have some slight indents from the buttons.

Think of this as a great opportunity to get screen material which usually costs over $2000 for a couple hundred bucks.

I'm hoping this stuff goes to someone who has been looking for a really good ALR option for their theater. As shown in the picture attached of one of my previous Slate screens, these are some of the best screens you can buy!

please ask any questions!
I DO HAVE THE SHIPPING TUBES+ BOXES FOR BOTH THE FRAME AND THE SCREEN MATERIALS IF YOU WANT TO PAY FOR SHIPPING
I'm located outside of Philly for local pickup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2649 (1).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	513.1 KB
ID:	2639562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2650 (1).jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2639564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5304-2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	2639566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2464.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	583.3 KB
ID:	2639572   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2389.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	689.0 KB
ID:	2639574  

vicky_crispy likes this.

JTR Speakers, RSL Atmos, Kaleidescape, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Marantz Processor, Emotiva Amps, JVC RS540

Last edited by Naylorman32; 12-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-16-2019, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylorman32 View Post
As referenced in my posting for the brand new screen, I also have some material that SI sent me during the process of ordering my new screen.

Series 5 16:9 Frame - $250

I didnt measure it with a whole lot of precision, as it was very obvious the frame was way too small for my material. But i think it was about 119" corner to corner of the frame. So that would somewhere around 112" viewing. Obviously if i were you, i'd double check this to be absolutely sure. All you need to do is order some screen material and you have a steal for a sick screen.

2 x Slate 1.2 Screen Material in 2.35 cut. 126" X 58 - $250 each

So this is where i ran into some problems. There was an issue with the screen material shrinking when it was in transit, so while the original material i was supposed to get was supposed to be around 128" in width, it kept coming in around 126. So i had 2 sets of this sent to be before we could figure out the issue and get the problem solved.

Therefore, these should be used as a DIY project where you are just looking for some ALR material. There is a rip on one of the connecting buttons on one of the sets from us trying to get it to fit the frame (picture shown). you should plan on cutting this portion off as i would assume you would be resizing the material regardless. Also you would want to smooth them out a bit as they have been rolled up for about 2 weeks now and have some slight indents from the buttons.

Think of this as a great opportunity to get screen material which usually costs over $2000 for a couple hundred bucks.

I'm hoping this stuff goes to someone who has been looking for a really good ALR option for their theater. As shown in the picture attached of one of my previous Slate screens, these are some of the best screens you can buy!

please ask any questions!

I DO HAVE THE SHIPPING TUBES+ BOXES FOR BOTH THE FRAME AND THE SCREEN MATERIALS IF YOU WANT TO PAY FOR SHIPPING

I'm located outside of Philly for local pickup
Hello,

I believe these slate screen materials are still available for DIY. I am an amateur who is in process of buying a JVC RS440 projector, and will need a complimenting screen to go with it. I have never done a DIY for projector screen, but may try it or use professional help since I am passionate about tech DIYs, and am on a budget as well. Hence looking to get best possible screen/material for myself.

Will this material shape up into a 16:9 display screen of 120+ inches, and be framed as an edgeless display (DIY will be pursued as such). I am based in Seattle, WA and do not have enough posts to be able to send you a PM.

Let me know though!

Thank you,
Vishal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 11-16-2019, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_crispy View Post
Hello,

I believe these slate screen materials are still available for DIY. I am an amateur who is in process of buying a JVC RS440 projector, and will need a complimenting screen to go with it. I have never done a DIY for projector screen, but may try it or use professional help since I am passionate about tech DIYs, and am on a budget as well. Hence looking to get best possible screen/material for myself.

Will this material shape up into a 16:9 display screen of 120+ inches, and be framed as an edgeless display (DIY will be pursued as such). I am based in Seattle, WA and do not have enough posts to be able to send you a PM.

Let me know though!

Thank you,
Vishal

Hi Vishal,

It wouldnt make 120" in a 16:9 format, but you could get fairly close. If you were to consider a 2.35 widescreen format, this would be a very good bargain for you.

JTR Speakers, RSL Atmos, Kaleidescape, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Marantz Processor, Emotiva Amps, JVC RS540
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-16-2019, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylorman32 View Post
Hi Vishal,

It wouldnt make 120" in a 16:9 format, but you could get fairly close. If you were to consider a 2.35 widescreen format, this would be a very good bargain for you.
What size can be expected in 16:9 resolution though, so be exact? I haven't done this ever, hence I am not good with calculation either.

Also the shrinking of fabric which you mentioned in your post, does it remain that way or it can be fixed by placing the fabric in sunlight or warm temperature.

I may have few questions/doubts, so please PM me and we can continue the discussion there. I don't have enough posts here, hence cannot send you a PM.

I see you have quite an experience about AV products through your posts so far. I may use your advice on certain things too, since I am planning to buy the setup right now.

Thanks,
Vishal

post #5 of 5 Old Today, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Bumping per forum rules. I've dropped the price to $200 for each screen material. If you want to purchase both rolls, i will do it for $300 shipped.
The screen frame is also available still. $250 shipped for that as well.
vicky_crispy likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Devices

Tags
projection screen , screen , Screen Innovations , seymour , Stewart

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page