Microlite Optical Screen - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 132Likes

post #1141 of 1144 Old 01-07-2017, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1058 Post(s)
Liked: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
I actually kept the projector overhead. Since I used the HP screen for close to 5 years, it was easy to go off of what I'm used to. When I returned the screen, the hp 2.4 screen still looked dimmer, even having the projector leveled at my eyes

Thanks.
Were you still able to get 160 or 180 degree viewing with the same brightness ? Did it dim any when standing?
I watch now with HP screen with 40 watt bulb in the back corner with no wash out and plenty of brightness.
I'd really like to add more lightning for sports if I could get a bright uniform screen.
The viewing cone was great and it did dim when standing, but it wasn't huge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1144 Old 01-07-2017, 08:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Quote:
I may have some good news. I have been discussing these screens with Michael Chien. I was one of the few who actually had the F3 in my theater. By far the best screen that I have ever seen. He is thinking about making up to a 5 gain screen for me to view. My goal is to have a few HT meets at my home in Phoenix, AZ. Let's cross our fingers because this will be a revolutionary screen that can take HDR projectors up to 1000nits. Just think how something like the a low cost LG PF1500 can be as bright as many flat screens in your home on a 120in screen in a living room setting. I plan on getting one for my living room with a led projector, preferably a LG PF1500 and a rs500 in my theater room.
I would be shocked if they could achieve 5 gain without serious hotspotting.
At 3.3 gain, i did not witness any. Even if he brought back out the F3, that would still be great.
post #1143 of 1144 Old 01-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
I may have some good news. I have been discussing these screens with Michael Chien. I was one of the few who actually had the F3 in my theater. By far the best screen that I have ever seen. He is thinking about making up to a 5 gain screen for me to view. My goal is to have a few HT meets at my home in Phoenix, AZ. Let's cross our fingers because this will be a revolutionary screen that can take HDR projectors up to 1000nits. Just think how something like the a low cost LG PF1500 can be as bright as many flat screens in your home on a 120in screen in a living room setting. I plan on getting one for my living room with a led projector, preferably a LG PF1500 and a rs500 in my theater room.
I suppose the 5 gain would be neat, but honestly I'm more than happy with the 2.4g I have from Microlite. Movies are a blast and look incredible! Perhaps some may want 5 gain for lower lumen projectors, larger screens or daytime viewing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1144 Old 01-17-2017, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post
Quote:
I suppose the 5 gain would be neat, but honestly I'm more than happy with the 2.4g I have from Microlite. Movies are a blast and look incredible! Perhaps some may want 5 gain for lower lumen projectors, larger screens or daytime viewing.
I'm just hoping the F3 makes it way back to the market. Amazing screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page