Aeon Elite screen Cinegrey 3D - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 275 Old 10-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Here a few pics. It's hard to capture what it looks like in real life though with my cell camera.

Destiny PS4 pics show the screen with overhead can lights on.There are 4 lights total and all bright LED bulbs. It's coming out with a yellow tinge in the pictures that isn't there in real life. Wanted to try and show a picture with some blacks in it to show how the screen keeps them from washing out too bad even with full overhead lights.

The pics of the Giants game are with the blinds open and sunlight coming in from the right side of the screen.
Looks fantastic man! I had people over to my house this past few days watching the baseball playoffs and I turned non-believers of front projection into believers. They were amazed at how clear and vibrant the colors were compared to their current LED TV's that are less than a year old. Needless to say there were some not so happy wives by the end of the party after finding out their husbands were going to ditch their setups and go front projection now..haha
scottj73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 275 Old 10-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Here a few pics. It's hard to capture what it looks like in real life though with my cell camera.

Destiny PS4 pics show the screen with overhead can lights on.There are 4 lights total and all bright LED bulbs. It's coming out with a yellow tinge in the pictures that isn't there in real life. Wanted to try and show a picture with some blacks in it to show how the screen keeps them from washing out too bad even with full overhead lights.

The pics of the Giants game are with the blinds open and sunlight coming in from the right side of the screen.
Looks fantastic man! I had people over to my house this past few days watching the baseball playoffs and I turned non-believers of front projection into believers. They were amazed at how clear and vibrant the colors were compared to their current LED TV's that are less than a year old. Needless to say there were some not so happy wives by the end of the party after finding out their husbands were going to ditch their setups and go front projection now..haha
scottj73 is offline  
post #63 of 275 Old 10-11-2015, 07:41 PM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
I got my Aeon screen with Cinegrey 3D up last night. Let me say this screen is amazing for the price. Colors are great. Very little hit in brightness. I can easily light up this 120" screen with my Sony HW40es on low lamp.

Screen preserves a good bit of contrast with my single floor lamp on. Can't wait to add the LED kit when it arrives tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151011_210257.jpg
Views:	2071
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	989209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151011_204713.jpg
Views:	1828
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	989217   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151011_202657.jpg
Views:	1832
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	989225  

Last edited by Swolephile; 10-11-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Swolephile is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 275 Old 10-12-2015, 02:31 PM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
I have a little bit of damage to my Cinegrey 3d material so I have to send it back. I went ahead and removed the velvet border to see what the image looked like without it. And I can say it looks much better without the border in my opinion .

I'm not sure if I should keep the screen or return the entire thing. I don't care for the build quality but it looks flat out awesome with no border on the screen. If I get the Firehawk Sabre Screen for the same look it is going to cost much more.

Or even the Black Diamond zero edge is going to cost much more as well and eat up more lumens with its dark screen. As for Aeon I'm tempted to keep it with what I'm seeing now without the border. Never would have bothered putting the border on if not for the rip in my material caused by one of the edges of the metal frame being too sharp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151012_152418.jpg
Views:	1797
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	991321  

Last edited by Swolephile; 10-12-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Swolephile is offline  
post #65 of 275 Old 10-12-2015, 07:00 PM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
I've decided to go ahead and return my Aeon screen.The overall look is great. Especially without the border. However the build quality is not too my satisfaction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151012_181504.jpg
Views:	1748
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	991745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151012_175237.jpg
Views:	1569
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	991753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151012_175301.jpg
Views:	1512
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	991761  
Swolephile is offline  
post #66 of 275 Old 10-12-2015, 10:05 PM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
A few bullet points on the Elite Screens Aeon with Cinegrey 3d

Pros:

Very cost effective. Looks flat out awesome borderless with NO velvet border. Good preservation of contrast with moderate level of ambient light present. Minimal brightness decrease. Whites still look white. Did not appear to alter color balance at all. Outstanding overall picture quality.

Cons

Bad build quality. Frame has sharp edges which can damage screen material which must be wrapped around the corner of the screen's frame. Velvet tape began to peel and wrinkle. Velco on screen material began to loosen and screen material was beginning to peel back from frame.

The Cinegrey 3D material is by far my favorite out of all the screens I've owned thus far. However Elite Screens needs to come up with a better assembly kit. The edges in the frame should have rubber ends to prevent tearing through the screen material. And there should be rings or hooks which connect the screen material to the frame and not velco.

Last edited by Swolephile; 10-13-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Swolephile is offline  
post #67 of 275 Old 10-14-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Sorry to hear that the screen didn't work out for you.

Stuntman_Mike is online now  
post #68 of 275 Old 10-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How does it hang gents? I have to mount it over my electrical fuse box and may need to get back there once in a while. You guys think it will be a problem? Thanks in advance
RobbieDav is offline  
post #69 of 275 Old 10-19-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieDav View Post
How does it hang gents? I have to mount it over my electrical fuse box and may need to get back there once in a while. You guys think it will be a problem? Thanks in advance
It hangs very easily. There are 2 small brackets that you drill into the wall. Then there is a track that runs the length of the frame on the back that you slip onto the lip of the brackets. It hooks on and hooks off very easily and you can also slide the screen horizontally a good distance, depending on how far apart you place the brackets.

Stuntman_Mike is online now  
post #70 of 275 Old 10-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks Mike. I got it yesterday but won't be putting it up for a couple weeks as my basement is still in the construction phase. Questions: So another gentleman on this thread had stated that it looks better without the velvet edging. If I went with that would it be better to paint the wall behind it darker. Also I ordered the led lights. Anyone have any feedback on those?

Thx
Robbie
RobbieDav is offline  
post #71 of 275 Old 11-06-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
So I was having what I thought was an unrelated issue, but now seems related lol.

I have a BenQ w1070 paired with a 120" Aeon Zero Edge with CineGrey 3D. I had been having an issue where either the projected image or the screen was not 16:9. The projected image when lined up perfectly with the top and bottom of the velvet border would not reach the velvet border on the left and right. There was at least an inch gap on either side. Didn't have that issue with my 110" screen that I replaced. Very maddening.

I had been in contact with both BenQ and Elite support trying to find out what the issue was. BenQ was going to RMA the projector. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure it was hardware related. The BenQ rep asked me to measure the viewing area and the projected image to see. I measured the screen itself and the viewable area within the border and it was 16:9. Measured the projected image and it was a bit off, but that could be chalked up to some extent with error in measuring, and in any event was nowhere near enough to be a full inch short on each side. So I checked the Elite site for the dimensions of the screen just to see if there was something amiss. When I measured the screen I got approximately 104 and 3/4" wide and slightly over 59" tall. The dimensions on Elite were 104.9" x 59.1, so no issue there. The viewable area was another matter. It was a lot shorter than what Elite listed. I then saw that they had the velvet border listed at 10mm. 10mm converts to about .4 inches. The velvet border that I actually had on the screen was way bigger than that. It was almost 1.5" thick so more like 30mm.

I told Elite support about this and they didn't know why the velvet tape wasn't 10mm, but said that he checked and that they all are the same size as what I had. Now I still had no reason to think that this made any difference in my situation, as I applied the border perfectly straight using the frame as a guide and when I measured it in many areas across the screen, it always measured the same everywhere. I just had a nagging sense I should take it off anyway. Elite said they would ship me more velvet tape, so I decided to remove the tape that was on the screen. I figured, worst case, if I couldn't get the glue residue off the screen, I would just cover it with the replacement tape. To my surprise, the tape came off rather easily, and the glue residue came off completely with a microfiber cloth dipped into a bowl of hot water and dish washing liquid.

I hung the frame back up, zoomed out, and lo and behold, the projected image fit perfectly. No gap on the sides anymore. A perfectly straight 16:9 image. I was ecstatic since I never really wanted the border on anyway, I did it fearing I would need it to hide slight issues with the projected image that would be very noticeable otherwise on an edgeless screen. I am finally enjoying my screen without any issues and I love it.

That got me to thinking. It makes sense that the border was the issue. The projected image is 16:9. That means that the width is almost double the height. When you apply the velvet border, you are reducing the viewable area by the same number across the screen when you really should be reducing the width by almost twice as much as you reduced the height. For instance a 100" diagonal screen measures 87" in width and 49.5" in height. If I made a screen that was 86" in width and 48.5" in height, is that a 16:9 screen? No it isn't. I reduced the width and height by the same measure (1 inch) and the screen was no longer 16:9. That's what the velvet tape is doing.

The tape is different than bezel. The tape is applied to the actual viewable area of the screen and should be taken into consideration. Bezel is outside of the viewable area and makes no difference how thick they want to make it or whether it needs to factor into 16:9.

Bottom line, don't use the velvet border lol. It looks great edgeless anyway.

I have contacted Elite support again about this and told them my findings and they are looking into it.


Last edited by Stuntman_Mike; 11-06-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Stuntman_Mike is online now  
post #72 of 275 Old 11-06-2015, 10:33 AM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Dominic Chan was spreading fear that the border was somehow necessary. Although there is a video of the Aeon screen being used without a border with no edge bleed. If you use a velvet border, you take away what makes this screen special.

Which is the borderless window/floating in air look that gives this screen a very open and classic look.
Swolephile is offline  
post #73 of 275 Old 11-06-2015, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
Dominic Chan was spreading fear that the border was somehow necessary. Although there is a video of the Aeon screen being used without a border with no edge bleed. If you use a velvet border, you take away what makes this screen special.

Which is the borderless window/floating in air look that gives this screen a very open and classic look.
True. It was one of the biggest draws of the screen and others like it (DNP, Black Diamond, etc). I liked the way it looked with the lights too, although I ended up not getting them.

The bigger issue of it messing with the format ratio is of bigger concern though. It is a pretty ill conceived idea and they need to come up with a different design option that attaches outside of the viewable area for those that want a bit of bezel.

When I saw your pics of your screen after you removed the border, something told me that the residue could be removed fairly easily and safely. The screen is so smooth and pliable that I figured a bit of soap and water with a tiny amount of pressure would get the job done. So for any out there that have applied the border and would like to remove it, just know that it comes off. Even though Elite says that it's a permanent solution.


Last edited by Stuntman_Mike; 11-06-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Stuntman_Mike is online now  
post #74 of 275 Old 11-06-2015, 12:03 PM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
True. It was one of the biggest draws of the screen and others like it (DNP, Black Diamond, etc). I liked the way it looked with the lights too, although I ended up not getting them.

The bigger issue of it messing with the format ratio is of bigger concern though. It is a pretty ill conceived idea and they need to come up with a different design option that attaches outside of the viewable area for those that want a bit of bezel.

When I saw your pics of your screen after you removed the border, something told me that the residue could be removed fairly easily and safely. The screen is so smooth and pliable that I figured a bit of soap and water with a tiny amount of pressure would get the job done. So for any out there that have applied the border and would like to remove it, just know that it comes off. Even though Elite says that it's a permanent solution.
Elite Screens' Cinegrey 3d screen material is the real deal. If they only had better build quality for their screens. I was all set to purchase a Efinity screen with Polarvision material until I saw the screen has the same assembly process as the Aeon screen. I can't deal with the same shortcomings for more money. Which is a shame because the Polarvision is also a great performing material.

Last edited by Swolephile; 11-06-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Swolephile is offline  
post #75 of 275 Old 11-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Very informative thread for Cinegrey 3D.
nehal1 is offline  
post #76 of 275 Old 11-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Any one can compare aeon cinegray 3D vs cinegray 5D
tcm2008 is offline  
post #77 of 275 Old 11-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
A few bullet points on the Elite Screens Aeon with Cinegrey 3d

Pros:

Very cost effective. Looks flat out awesome borderless with NO velvet border. Good preservation of contrast with moderate level of ambient light present. Minimal brightness decrease. Whites still look white. Did not appear to alter color balance at all. Outstanding overall picture quality.

Cons

Bad build quality. Frame has sharp edges which can damage screen material which must be wrapped around the corner of the screen's frame. Velvet tape began to peel and wrinkle. Velco on screen material began to loosen and screen material was beginning to peel back from frame.

The Cinegrey 3D material is by far my favorite out of all the screens I've owned thus far. However Elite Screens needs to come up with a better assembly kit. The edges in the frame should have rubber ends to prevent tearing through the screen material. And there should be rings or hooks which connect the screen material to the frame and not velco.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I feel like a little DIY work will offset some of the cons you listed. I'm thinking that deburring the corners of the frame so its not as sharp and not applying the velvet frame at all (as Stuntman_Mike suggested) would suffice. Not sure what I'd do if I ran into the velcro loosening, but I'm sure there's an easy DIY fix for that as well....

Christmas is just around the corner....
elbie123 is offline  
post #78 of 275 Old 11-11-2015, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Velcro is almost impossible to get off on mine, It's definitely industrial strength lol.

As far as Christmas is concerned, I've heard rumblings that the CineGrey 3D material is being discontinued, so you may want to jump on it. Stock seems to be scarce already.

Stuntman_Mike is online now  
post #79 of 275 Old 11-11-2015, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
keithj101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've noticed too that's it's near impossible to find the Aeon in the 3D Cinegrey. Very disappointing. Anyone know what they would discontinue it so quickly? Or are they just slow to manufacture more?
keithj101 is offline  
post #80 of 275 Old 11-12-2015, 03:28 AM
Senior Member
 
mishari84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
Velcro is almost impossible to get off on mine, It's definitely industrial strength lol.

As far as Christmas is concerned, I've heard rumblings that the CineGrey 3D material is being discontinued, so you may want to jump on it. Stock seems to be scarce already.
Cinegrey 3D was just released,and it is ISF certified , unlike it is bigger brother 5D.

100" is available in very good price at many places, just search google shopping.
mishari84 is offline  
post #81 of 275 Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post
Cinegrey 3D was just released,and it is ISF certified , unlike it is bigger brother 5D.

100" is available in very good price at many places, just search google shopping.
ISF cert doesn't mean that they can't discontinue the product. I recommended a friend buy the screen and he spoke with an Elite rep that said it was being discontinued. Whether the rep was mistaken or not, I don't know, but that's what was said. And yes, the 100" is available, but it is hard to find it in any other size, which seems weird.

Stuntman_Mike is online now  
post #82 of 275 Old 11-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman_Mike View Post
ISF cert doesn't mean that they can't discontinue the product. I recommended a friend buy the screen and he spoke with an Elite rep that said it was being discontinued. Whether the rep was mistaken or not, I don't know, but that's what was said. And yes, the 100" is available, but it is hard to find it in any other size, which seems weird.
I don't think they are discontinuing it. I believe they are making changes to the Aeon, which could be halting production and their current inventory/stock. Check out their reply to this review:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...SIN=B00OABT33A


Or they could just be offering the CineGrey 3D material to another series.

It wouldn't make sense for them to discontinue the CineGrey 3D because getting ISF Certification costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. I'm pretty sure the Aeon frame issues are the culprit of its quiet discontinuance, but believe it should be back (hopefully soon).

Last edited by elbie123; 11-13-2015 at 04:00 PM.
elbie123 is offline  
post #83 of 275 Old 11-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
A few bullet points on the Elite Screens Aeon with Cinegrey 3d

Velco on screen material began to loosen and screen material was beginning to peel back from frame.
Swolephile,

By any chance, do you think the velcro was getting loose due to the tear in the screen material? Or was it loosening up prior to the tear?
elbie123 is offline  
post #84 of 275 Old 11-13-2015, 04:42 PM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbie123 View Post
Swolephile,

By any chance, do you think the velcro was getting loose due to the tear in the screen material? Or was it loosening up prior to the tear?
It was loosening up prior to the tears in the screen material.
Swolephile is offline  
post #85 of 275 Old 11-15-2015, 04:23 PM
 
Swolephile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,262
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithj101 View Post
I've noticed too that's it's near impossible to find the Aeon in the 3D Cinegrey. Very disappointing. Anyone know what they would discontinue it so quickly? Or are they just slow to manufacture more?
There is still a few left at Focused Technology.com if you are serious about purchasing an Aeon screen with Cinegrey 3D.

Last edited by Swolephile; 11-16-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Swolephile is offline  
post #86 of 275 Old 11-16-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Stuntman_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbie123 View Post
I don't think they are discontinuing it. I believe they are making changes to the Aeon, which could be halting production and their current inventory/stock. Check out their reply to this review:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...SIN=B00OABT33A


Or they could just be offering the CineGrey 3D material to another series.

It wouldn't make sense for them to discontinue the CineGrey 3D because getting ISF Certification costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. I'm pretty sure the Aeon frame issues are the culprit of its quiet discontinuance, but believe it should be back (hopefully soon).
I had seen that comment before. Not saying that it isn't the case, but it does sound a lot like placating a poor review. Just like with the issue I found with the velvet border. They said they are looking into it. Does that mean they actually are? Who knows? It is a good thing to say whether you actually plan to look into it or not, though.

Maybe the rep in that review is doing damage control, or maybe the rep my friend spoke with was mistaken. Don't know. Time will tell. I'm enjoying mine immensely in the meantime.

Stuntman_Mike is online now  
post #87 of 275 Old 11-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Member
 
donraja5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I was looking at both the CineWhite and CineGrey 3D. My room is some what light controlled. What would be better screen for best picture quality? Thanks
donraja5 is offline  
post #88 of 275 Old 11-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by donraja5 View Post
Hi, I was looking at both the CineWhite and CineGrey 3D. My room is some what light controlled. What would be better screen for best picture quality? Thanks
I don't know the extent of what your "somewhat" light controlled is, so it's hard for me to say. But if you have light control, it'd be best to go with a white screen. I had the same dilemma.

I just got my Aeon screen with CineWhite material, and it is fantastic. My living room is about 15x15 and I have a large window on the left side of the screen. The blinds block most of the light but picture still got washed out when projecting on the wall. With the screen, I get a (noticeable) bit of a brighter picture, contrast, and way more accurate colors. I can watch with the lamps on if I wanted to (which are on the sides of the screen), but why would I? It's like I jumped from a 0.8 to 1.1 gain factor. Pretty significant.

I couldn't wait for the CineGrey 3D to get back into stock, but they told me that I can always upgrade to it down the line since they'll be selling just the CG3D material as well.
elbie123 is offline  
post #89 of 275 Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Member
 
Nite_Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just chatted with Elite customer service, sounds like they aren't going to be getting the aeon with Cinegrey 3D back in stock until end of Feb. Guess it's time to look for alternatives.
Nite_Hawk is offline  
post #90 of 275 Old 01-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ok so i got mine up. 120 inch no border right now. The problem I have is that I can't line up the picture with the screen. The screen is level the pj is level on a ceiling mount - vpl40es. It seems to be two problems. One the picture won't quite fit the 16:9 format and two I can't seem to get the picture straight On the screen. Incredibly frustrating. Any help people??
RobbieDav is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off