Originally Posted by Kain
Have a few questions!
1. Looking at the DreamScreen V6 UltraFrame, the smallest size you can get for a 2.35:1 frame is 130" according to the website. Will it be possible to make a 2.35:1 frame that is 8 ft (horizontally) wide? If so, will it be a custom job?
2. What options do I have for holding the DreamScreen V6 UltraFrame up? Poll stands? Is it possible to mount four rods at each corner of the frame and attached it to the front wall with enough space behind it for the LCR speakers? It will look like it is "hovering" in the air (i.e. no visible stands) when viewing straight on.
3. If I have a 2.35:1 8 ft horizontally wide DreamScreen V6 UltraWeave AT screen, can I sit 8 ft away from it? Would that be too close for a screen of that size?
4. How close can you sit from the DreamScreen V6 UltraWeave AT screen without being able to see the weave and other screen artifacts?
1. The sizes from the webshop is indeed the stocked / produced ones, but any size could be custom made. The delivery time would depend on how your order corresponds with the next production run. Normally we do one major run every 4-6 months, and now, for example, we did a production 2 months ago and would probably do our next run in January 2017.
2. The included attachment profiles are for wall mounting. However, on the flip side of the screen, normally used for spacing the bottom section, there are two M3 machine screw holes. You can use these to attach hooks and fasten it to the ceiling. We might come up with a custom ceiling mount for a later date though, as we do understand some clients might not want to build the baffled wall and rather float is as is the case for you... Not sure when though.
3.-4. The weave is very very tight on the UltraWeave V6, this is really one of our major advantages and also one of the main reasons for the now patented technique we use; utilising several layers of reflective fabric, each with their own specific traits. The front layer, a superbly fine weaved one, is basically replicating the random coating of a regular (plastic, non-AT) screen, it is that fine. For my private cinema, I am seated about 9-10 feet away from my 11 feet screen, and the structure of the weave is really no issue at all, it is that fine. However, you need to take into account potential screen door from your projector though, I am using a JVC RS400 that boasts extremely tight pixels with almost no gap at all (93% fill rate I believe), but I guess this is not a screen related issue though...