Seymour Frame with Manual AT Masking Panels + Stewart AT Ultramatte 150 Screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-14-2017, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Seymour Reference Frame with Manual AT Masking + Stewart AT Ultramatte 150 Screen

Anyone know if it's possible to pair a Seymour Reference Frame with a Stewart Screen? What I'm thinking of doing is using a Seymour frame with the manual AT masking panels with a Stewart Ultramatte 150 Microperf screen. I need the additional gain that the Stewart screen offers because of the screen size I'm interesting in getting 153"- 155" W. However, the Seymour frame with manual AT masking panels will allow me the option of switching between 16:9 and 2.35.

Because I game, it would be cool to get as large of a 16:9 image as I can get, but when I want to switch to 2.35 content I can do so with manual AT masking. It's all about having options right?

Last edited by Theaterfreak360; 01-14-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-15-2017, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
Liked: 895
You would need to find a way to fasten the Stewart material to the frame. Seeing that the stewart is unsupported vinyl you would have to find a way to keep it tensioned with some spline glued to the back side of the frame. Come to think of it Stewart I don't think sells just the screen material.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page