Elunevision Reference Studio AudioWeave 4K opinions please - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 94 Old 03-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
zax123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 490
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd17 View Post
Since we have the same screen, can you clarify something in the instructions for me.

"You will need to drill two holes for each bracket, which is 23mm and 28mm below the top border of the screen on the wall"

I assume this is the top border of the frame, and not the viewable screen? I want the top of my viewable screen to be 9" down from the ceiling, trying to figure out how high the brackets need to be to achieve this.

Thanks
Hey Mike,

The measurement is from the top of the frame. You can actually test it before hanging the frame on the wall. Just put the bracket in and simulate what would happen. I believe that's how I did it -- I don't trust those instructions.
zax123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 94 Old 03-15-2018, 10:03 AM
Member
 
mikeyd17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zax123 View Post
Hey Mike,

The measurement is from the top of the frame. You can actually test it before hanging the frame on the wall. Just put the bracket in and simulate what would happen. I believe that's how I did it -- I don't trust those instructions.
Thanks. It's not going on a wall per say. I am build a couple hang down support structures from the ceiling. So the height of those structures is important. You've helped me narrow it down a lot, thanks!
mikeyd17 is offline  
post #63 of 94 Old 03-24-2018, 03:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Is it possible to get it in a size larger than 150" ?
landonin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 94 Old 03-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Member
 
mikeyd17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by landonin View Post
Is it possible to get it in a size larger than 150" ?
They do custom orders, but you'd have to email them to be sure.

I got my screen installed last night. I had the frame together already, so it was just a matter of attaching the screen. You just roll it out, put in the fiberglass rods and attach the springs. 1 man job, 30min tops. Super easy and it looks amazing.
mikeyd17 is offline  
post #65 of 94 Old 04-03-2018, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Central Iowa
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd17 View Post
I went and saw the 4k audioweave in person. At 11ft couldn't see the weave, started walking towards the screen...couldn't see it until I was basically close enough to lick it. Ordered it on the spot, hopefully arrives this week.
Did you lick it? How did it taste? Like 4K acoustically transparent magic?

Do you (or anyone else) with the 4K Audioweave material have a close up picture of the material? I keep going back and forth between the EluneVision 4K Audioweave, Seymour UF material and the Screen Innovations maestro material. I like the zero edge and nano edge screen options from EluneVision and SI, but I've actually seen the Seymour UF material and was very impressed with it.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Marantz 8805 (Emotiva RMC in a box) | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
deewan is offline  
post #66 of 94 Old 04-04-2018, 07:51 AM
Member
 
mikeyd17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
Did you lick it? How did it taste? Like 4K acoustically transparent magic?

Do you (or anyone else) with the 4K Audioweave material have a close up picture of the material? I keep going back and forth between the EluneVision 4K Audioweave, Seymour UF material and the Screen Innovations maestro material. I like the zero edge and nano edge screen options from EluneVision and SI, but I've actually seen the Seymour UF material and was very impressed with it.
Tastes like chicken

I have samples of Seymour UF and XD. The 4k audioweave feels much more like the XD material, both rigid and tough. The UF stuff is very thin and more like a bed sheet. Took a few quick pics for ya https://imgur.com/a/OiUwd
deewan likes this.
mikeyd17 is offline  
post #67 of 94 Old 04-04-2018, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Central Iowa
Posts: 2,528
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 791
@mikeyd17 , THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Marantz 8805 (Emotiva RMC in a box) | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
deewan is offline  
post #68 of 94 Old 04-04-2018, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 4,412
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Hey guys keep the information coming! I will be trying an older screen material I have, a 120" wide 2.35:1 AT scope screen when I get a new PJ (Currently a BenQ W9000).

For reference here is the weave:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen material.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	2384788  

Al
Al Sherwood is offline  
post #69 of 94 Old 04-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 49
How much better will this series be than the Elite Screens UHD AcousticPro, which is half the price in Canada? Trying to sort it out...
BeMurda is offline  
post #70 of 94 Old 05-22-2018, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KevinH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Hi guys. I ordered a 140” 2.35 slim frame with studio 4K. They just called and said screen is only a couple of days out and will ship but they included studio 4K audioweave by accident. I’m not using an AT screen right now, and was worried about the weave. Salma said she can see it from maybe 6 inches. Reports in this thread sound positive so I’m thinking of keeping it for if I do go to an AT screen at some point. I’ll be using a JVC x550R. You guys still completely satisfied with your 4K images and the audioweave??

JVC X550R /Panny UB820/GIK treatments
Elunevision 140" 2.35
Marantz AV8802a/Wyred4Sound 7-channel amp
Outlaw 5000/ 4 JBL 328Cs for Atmos/ 7.2.4 Atmos
JTR 3TX LCRs/Single8 HT-LP surrounds(4)/Dual Pierce/Speakerpower 21" subs
KevinH is offline  
post #71 of 94 Old 05-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Senior Member
 
zax123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 490
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi guys. I ordered a 140” 2.35 slim frame with studio 4K. They just called and said screen is only a couple of days out and will ship but they included studio 4K audioweave by accident. I’m not using an AT screen right now, and was worried about the weave. Salma said she can see it from maybe 6 inches. Reports in this thread sound positive so I’m thinking of keeping it for if I do go to an AT screen at some point. I’ll be using a JVC x550R. You guys still completely satisfied with your 4K images and the audioweave??
The audioweave is amazing. Still has great contrast and excellent sound transparency. You won't be disappointed!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
zax123 is offline  
post #72 of 94 Old 05-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 569
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 82
My first row eyes will be 9.5 feet from the screen. I like the brightness of the Seymour XD, but not even Seymour recommends it for seating as close as mine. So I had been looking at Seymour UF and Silver Ticket (just because it's cheap and could be "good enough") before stumbling upon this thread. Now, I have questions galore . . .

How does the brightness of the 4K Audioweave compare to the XD and UF? Is the 4K Audioweave between the two (i.e., brighter than UF) or is it essentially the same brightness as UF?

Is the 4K Audioweave any better or worse than UF for seeing the weave from about 9 feet or for moire?

__________________________________________________
Formerly known as GatorBlues. The Spinal Tap Theater build:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ter-build.html

Last edited by Blue; 05-23-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Blue is offline  
post #73 of 94 Old 06-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
laguna_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Gatos Mntns. California
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
Good call on the eshift noise. It can be really annoying depending on the source


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What noise am I missing? I have an RS-640 ...when does one hear the noise and what is it like? I haven't noticed it.
laguna_b is offline  
post #74 of 94 Old 06-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
laguna_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Gatos Mntns. California
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd17 View Post
Completely light controlled, but still going to be close to call on brightness. That's why the 1.15 gain quoted on this screen made me excited as well until I saw Olli FZ's post

I have a feeling the Seymour UF at 0.8 gain will be definitely be too dark for me. Not too keen on paying shipping fees + border tax. Really too bad Elunevision doesnt do samples
Elunacy....not giving samples because they might end up with a competitor....what they told me. If a competitor wanted to get one badly enough they could just BUY a screen and then dump it on eBay....really stupid policy and very customer unfriendly....
Ftoast likes this.
laguna_b is offline  
post #75 of 94 Old 06-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
laguna_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Gatos Mntns. California
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by zax123 View Post
XD weave is visible at 10 feet, I got a sample.

I have 130" 2.35:1 and x990/rs640 and brightness isn't a problem. Bulb is new though. I'm on Eco mode. Fan noise and eshift noise unnoticeable.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
ECO mode does not affect regular operation AFAIK based on the manual. High fan mode is a little annoying but not totally off putting and seems to be for full 4k only. I keep hearing about shift noise now and don't know what it is....especially given I have the same great PJ RS640
laguna_b is offline  
post #76 of 94 Old 06-02-2018, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_b View Post
What noise am I missing? I have an RS-640 ...when does one hear the noise and what is it like? I haven't noticed it.


It’s a humming noise and it varies from projector to projector. If you haven’t noticed it then don’t go looking for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buddylee123 is offline  
post #77 of 94 Old 06-03-2018, 03:36 AM
Senior Member
 
laguna_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Gatos Mntns. California
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
It’s a humming noise and it varies from projector to projector. If you haven’t noticed it then don’t go looking for it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is right cuz once you FIND it you can't UNfind it.
I assume I am not confusing it with the high bulb function which produces some noise from the fan. Is eShift always on regardless of content?
laguna_b is offline  
post #78 of 94 Old 06-03-2018, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_b View Post
That is right cuz once you FIND it you can't UNfind it.

I assume I am not confusing it with the high bulb function which produces some noise from the fan. Is eShift always on regardless of content?


No it’s different than the high lamp noise, and eshift only activates when watching 4K content.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buddylee123 is offline  
post #79 of 94 Old 06-04-2018, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
chriscmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: IA
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna_b View Post
Elunacy....not giving samples because they might end up with a competitor....what they told me. If a competitor wanted to get one badly enough they could just BUY a screen and then dump it on eBay....really stupid policy and very customer unfriendly....
I rarely nose into competitors' threads, but the irony of this one was too much. Several years ago he requested a sample of the XD from us, which we sent him. While happily causing us to spend a few bucks for his benefit, when I later requested he reciprocate a sample to us he refused (other competitors are far more amicable). So, we paid the $10 for his sample pack for some of that competitive research that we're unafraid of and he tries to avoid.

The AudioWeave 4K measured 0.78 gain, so about what our UF gain measures. Its color temperature is a too-yellow 6334K with an acceptable error (dE) of 2.3. Its texture was visible 1' further back than the XD from our unscientific group of ~12 people. Its audio characteristics are excellent at <1dB attenuation, fairly flat. It would make an excellent audio mixing screen, but I don't see anything competitive about its video performance.

Cheers,
Chris
rossandwendy and Molon_Labe like this.

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
chriscmore is offline  
post #80 of 94 Old 06-04-2018, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
I rarely nose into competitors' threads, but the irony of this one was too much. Several years ago he requested a sample of the XD from us, which we sent him. While happily causing us to spend a few bucks for his benefit, when I later requested he reciprocate a sample to us he refused (other competitors are far more amicable). So, we paid the $10 for his sample pack for some of that competitive research that we're unafraid of and he tries to avoid.



The AudioWeave 4K measured 0.78 gain, so about what our UF gain measures. Its color temperature is a too-yellow 6334K with an acceptable error (dE) of 2.3. Its texture was visible 1' further back than the XD from our unscientific group of ~12 people. Its audio characteristics are excellent at <1dB attenuation, fairly flat. It would make an excellent audio mixing screen, but I don't see anything competitive about its video performance.



Cheers,

Chris


I’ve been loving my DIY UF screen and will be ordering a new factory made UF screen soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buddylee123 is offline  
post #81 of 94 Old 06-05-2018, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
KevinH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Georgetown, TX
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Mine us due to deliver this week. I have a light controlled room but I sure hope the gain isn't as low as some are seeing.

JVC X550R /Panny UB820/GIK treatments
Elunevision 140" 2.35
Marantz AV8802a/Wyred4Sound 7-channel amp
Outlaw 5000/ 4 JBL 328Cs for Atmos/ 7.2.4 Atmos
JTR 3TX LCRs/Single8 HT-LP surrounds(4)/Dual Pierce/Speakerpower 21" subs
KevinH is offline  
post #82 of 94 Old 06-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
jdwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Has anyone seen the AudioWeave up against the Screen Excellence Enlightor?

When I put my theater together in 2015, I went to CEDIA and looked at every screen that was there. The Enlightor was the only AT screen where I could not see the weave 8 feet back. My budget or rather financial conservativeness held me back from purchasing it then and bought a 138" 2.35 Silver Ticket regular matte white screen to hold me off.

The Seymour AT screen at the time was one of the most visible weaves at the show. I don't remember the model name, but they have had 3 years to improve.

I actually am very happy with the Silver Ticket. I got a full sample pack from Screen Innovations and came to the quick conclusion that in a fully light controlled room, nothing actually looked better than my cheap white screen. Certainly not for 4-5x the price.

I also planned on getting a masked screen or motorized curtains, and also quickly realized, I don't see the sides at all when watching 16:9 content. I credit the JVC RS400 and my Valspar Blue Coal paint for that.

Anyway, I've caught the upgrade bug once again and revisiting the AT screen option. I don't know the price of the Enlightor now but see they have a newer material with improved audio, but was surprised that it hasn't been talked about in this thread.
jdwk is offline  
post #83 of 94 Old 06-05-2018, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwk View Post
Has anyone seen the AudioWeave up against the Screen Excellence Enlightor?

When I put my theater together in 2015, I went to CEDIA and looked at every screen that was there. The Enlightor was the only AT screen where I could not see the weave 8 feet back. My budget or rather financial conservativeness held me back from purchasing it then and bought a 138" 2.35 Silver Ticket regular matte white screen to hold me off.

The Seymour AT screen at the time was one of the most visible weaves at the show. I don't remember the model name, but they have had 3 years to improve.

I actually am very happy with the Silver Ticket. I got a full sample pack from Screen Innovations and came to the quick conclusion that in a fully light controlled room, nothing actually looked better than my cheap white screen. Certainly not for 4-5x the price.

I also planned on getting a masked screen or motorized curtains, and also quickly realized, I don't see the sides at all when watching 16:9 content. I credit the JVC RS400 and my Valspar Blue Coal paint for that.

Anyway, I've caught the upgrade bug once again and revisiting the AT screen option. I don't know the price of the Enlightor now but see they have a newer material with improved audio, but was surprised that it hasn't been talked about in this thread.
I bet you were seeing the Seymour XD screen if the weave was that noticeable. The Screen Excellence Enlightor and Seymour AT screens are made by the same company. You should contact @chriscmore and get a sample of the Center Stage UF, it's cheaper than the Enlightor but it still looks great. The prices are really good on the Center Stage UF too

http://www.seymourav.com/store.asp
Buddylee123 is offline  
post #84 of 94 Old 06-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
jdwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks for the link. Yeah much cheaper than I thought especially with the 2.6". Although it doesn't exist for the F140 scope, so it's a $657 price jump over the F130 which is the size of my current screen. One of the advantages of the AT screen is I could go bigger since my speakers no longer need to fit between the screen and the wall, but the current size is really nice. I know there is no such thing as too big, but the current one just seems "right". And thanks to my vaulted ceiling, any increase in screen height will lower the screen. At some point my head is going to clip the image.

jdwk is offline  
post #85 of 94 Old 06-06-2018, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwk View Post
Thanks for the link. Yeah much cheaper than I thought especially with the 2.6". Although it doesn't exist for the F140 scope, so it's a $657 price jump over the F130 which is the size of my current screen. One of the advantages of the AT screen is I could go bigger since my speakers no longer need to fit between the screen and the wall, but the current size is really nice. I know there is no such thing as too big, but the current one just seems "right". And thanks to my vaulted ceiling, any increase in screen height will lower the screen. At some point my head is going to clip the image.

That's a nice looking room. I'm not sure about the different screen options. I would just call them, they are really nice. I personally think a screen can get too big and I probably have mine a bit smaller than most other people. If you are happy with the size now just keep it the same. Don't forget that placing your speakers behind the screen will move it closer to you.
Buddylee123 is offline  
post #86 of 94 Old 06-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Senior Member
 
jdwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks. I think if I do the AT upgrade, I'll get in-walls so I don't shorten the room any (it's also just attic space on the other side). Those seats are so ridiculously wide that I can't move them back without making it difficult to get around them and that bar. I've wanted to rip that bar out since day one, but just can't bring myself to do it.
jdwk is offline  
post #87 of 94 Old 06-07-2018, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
 
laguna_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Los Gatos Mntns. California
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
I rarely nose into competitors' threads, but the irony of this one was too much. Several years ago he requested a sample of the XD from us, which we sent him. While happily causing us to spend a few bucks for his benefit, when I later requested he reciprocate a sample to us he refused (other competitors are far more amicable). So, we paid the $10 for his sample pack for some of that competitive research that we're unafraid of and he tries to avoid.

The AudioWeave 4K measured 0.78 gain, so about what our UF gain measures. Its color temperature is a too-yellow 6334K with an acceptable error (dE) of 2.3. Its texture was visible 1' further back than the XD from our unscientific group of ~12 people. Its audio characteristics are excellent at <1dB attenuation, fairly flat. It would make an excellent audio mixing screen, but I don't see anything competitive about its video performance.

Cheers,
Chris
I got your samples. Once I have a few others I will make my choice. Elunevision is buying a pig in a poke and I just don't think anyone has a monopoly on the most interesting image.
laguna_b is offline  
post #88 of 94 Old 06-09-2018, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwk View Post
Thanks. I think if I do the AT upgrade, I'll get in-walls so I don't shorten the room any (it's also just attic space on the other side). Those seats are so ridiculously wide that I can't move them back without making it difficult to get around them and that bar. I've wanted to rip that bar out since day one, but just can't bring myself to do it.
I think you will really like an AT screen. Whatever screen you decide to get make sure it has a black backing layer. Even if you paint the wall black behind the screen it will still have enough reflection to wash out the image, learned that the hard way
Buddylee123 is offline  
post #89 of 94 Old 06-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Senior Member
 
jdwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks didn't even think of that. The wife actually approved the AT screen and in-walls/cubbies tonight. I'm assuming the Elunevision and the Seymour UF do right?
jdwk is offline  
post #90 of 94 Old 06-10-2018, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwk View Post
Thanks didn't even think of that. The wife actually approved the AT screen and in-walls/cubbies tonight. I'm assuming the Elunevision and the Seymour UF do right?


Not sure about the Elunevision but I think it had it. The Seymour UF has it but it’s and option and you have to make you you pick it. I’ll be ordering a new one myself this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buddylee123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off