Elunevision Reference Studio AudioWeave 4K opinions please - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1 of 97 Old 01-16-2017, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Elunevision Reference Studio AudioWeave 4K opinions please

Any conciseness on who makes the best AT screen theses days? My room will be fully light controlled and the room length is 14 feet from wall to wall. I don't think brightness will be a problem, I'm kinda worried about it being too bright. I will be using a JVC RS420 projector. I plan on using a 100 inch 2:35:1 Elunevision Reference Studio AudioWeave 4K at an 8 feet viewing distance. Any opinions on this screen or thoughts on the setup? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddylee123 View Post
Any conciseness on who makes the best AT screen theses days? My room will be fully light controlled and the room length is 14 feet from wall to wall. I don't think brightness will be a problem, I'm kinda worried about it being too bright. I will be using a JVC RS420 projector. I plan on using a 100 inch 2:35:1 Elunevision Reference Studio AudioWeave 4K at an 8 feet viewing distance. Any opinions on this screen or thoughts on the setup? Thanks
There is no such thing as too bright. My best advice before you get a screen is to get samples from different companies and test them out yourself. That is the only way you are going to know for sure if you like the material or not. Get Samples from Falcon, Seymour, Severtson & AVS-V6 to start with.
post #3 of 97 Old 01-17-2017, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bley View Post
There is no such thing as too bright. My best advice before you get a screen is to get samples from different companies and test them out yourself. That is the only way you are going to know for sure if you like the material or not. Get Samples from Falcon, Seymour, Severtson & AVS-V6 to start with.
Thank you for the advice. I have samples on the way.
Tom Bley likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 97 Old 01-29-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 317
https://www.accucalav.com/wp-content...een_report.pdf

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
post #5 of 97 Old 02-17-2017, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Somehow I missed this, thank you!
chriscmore likes this.
post #6 of 97 Old 10-14-2017, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
I was looking at this screen as well, did you choose to go with it?

Al
post #7 of 97 Old 10-14-2017, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post
I was looking at this screen as well, did you choose to go with it?

I did not, they wouldn’t send me a sample and I sit 9 feet from my screen. Wasn’t worth taking the chance of being able to see the weave at that distance. I have been using a Seymour UF and have been really happy with it but I’m about to change it out for a Seymour Glacier White for added brightness and no weave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rossandwendy likes this.
post #8 of 97 Old 10-14-2017, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did not, they wouldn’t send me a sample and I sit 9 feet from my screen. Wasn’t worth taking the chance of being able to see the weave at that distance. I have been using a Seymour UF and have been really happy with it but I’m about to change it out for a Seymour Glacier White for added brightness and no weave.

Thanks for the update, I am still using my SMX HD which of course it a woven screen as well, I sit about 13-14 ft. back and there is no way I can see any texture at all, but I understand that at the cost for a new screen I wouldn't take a chance without a sample either!
rossandwendy likes this.

Al
post #9 of 97 Old 10-25-2017, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I just unpacked my EluneVision Reference Slim screen. While I have not yet assembled it, I am absolutely blown away by the quality of the packaging. This is easily the best packed product I’ve ever purchased. Triple boxed!
post #10 of 97 Old 10-27-2017, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspimp View Post
I just unpacked my EluneVision Reference Slim screen. While I have not yet assembled it, I am absolutely blown away by the quality of the packaging. This is easily the best packed product I’ve ever purchased. Triple boxed!

The packaging is one thing but I am more interested in the screen itself!

Looking forward to your report on how it handles a 4k image...

Al
post #11 of 97 Old 10-27-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
The packaging is one thing but I am more interested in the screen itself!

Looking forward to your report on how it handles a 4k image...
I'm very impressed with the assembled product. I got the EV-S-108-1.0. The screen material is the flattest/least texture I've seen to date. Never seen Stewart screens in person, but it is much better than my Elite screen or the Da-Lite I had way back in the day. $1000 better? Hard to say. I think there is a point of diminishing returns. But I'm definitely happy with it. The light diffusion/gain appears flat at virtually any angle. Using an Epson LS10000.

Assembly on the other hand left something to be desired. It started out great - the one piece aluminum frame length-wise was a pleasant surprise. The manual said it would come in two pieces and require a joining bracket in the center, but it was a single piece. Very high quality, heavy, and all screw holes machined accurately. That's where the pleasant surprises ended. My screen material required a significant amount of force to tension - more than I've ever experienced. The fiberglass rods which connect to the tension springs had to be pulled by one person around the edge of the frame while a second person clipped on the springs. The manual said to simply "flip the fiberglass rods over the edge of the frame". Yeah right. My screen material was at least 4-5" too short length-wise to be able to do that. It wasn't a problem per se, but I could have saved hours of time goofing around and calling their support trying to figure it out. The manual should say that the material is 4-5" smaller than the frame, rather than picturing the material being 1-2" bigger and implying it can be wrapped around the edge of the frame PRIOR to being tensioned/pulled. The manual is awful if you ask me. The tension springs themselves are a neat design though. Much preferred to the buttons on my Elite screen.

They also said the material comes pre-rolled with a drop-cloth to protect the floor. That was flat out false. There were several pieces of very thin foam sheets rolled with the screen. This was not 1 piece of protective material, but rather 4-5 separate pieces in a row. Once rolled out on the floor, they kept shifting and bunching up. I tossed them and used a painters drop cloth. Even if they hadn't shifted, they were slightly smaller than the screen material and horribly insufficient to protect it once rolled out. Calling this a "drop cloth" in the manual is deceptive and dangerous. If I had relied on it, my screen material would have made direct contact with my floor on many occasions.

I'd give the assembled product a 10/10, the outside packaging a 10/10, and the instructions + screen material interior packaging a 2/10. They should really try to assemble their own product according to their manual and see how many times it doesn't line up with reality.

EDIT: Pictures attached showing reality vs. manual
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	53073696690__B0D2E46B-456F-4629-BED4-C095621EE8BF.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	2306410   Click image for larger version

Name:	53073697356__05E3CBE2-58A0-4E95-9F3E-3007C5F157F6.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	2306412   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	2306414   Click image for larger version

Name:	manual2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	2306418  

Last edited by gaspimp; 10-27-2017 at 01:53 PM.
post #12 of 97 Old 10-30-2017, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
I'm very impressed with the assembled product. I got the EV-S-108-1.0. The screen material is the flattest/least texture I've seen to date. Never seen Stewart screens in person, but it is much better than my Elite screen or the Da-Lite I had way back in the day. $1000 better? Hard to say. I think there is a point of diminishing returns. But I'm definitely happy with it. The light diffusion/gain appears flat at virtually any angle. Using an Epson LS10000.

Assembly on the other hand left something to be desired. It started out great - the one piece aluminum frame length-wise was a pleasant surprise. The manual said it would come in two pieces and require a joining bracket in the center, but it was a single piece. Very high quality, heavy, and all screw holes machined accurately. That's where the pleasant surprises ended. My screen material required a significant amount of force to tension - more than I've ever experienced. The fiberglass rods which connect to the tension springs had to be pulled by one person around the edge of the frame while a second person clipped on the springs. The manual said to simply "flip the fiberglass rods over the edge of the frame". Yeah right. My screen material was at least 4-5" too short length-wise to be able to do that. It wasn't a problem per se, but I could have saved hours of time goofing around and calling their support trying to figure it out. The manual should say that the material is 4-5" smaller than the frame, rather than picturing the material being 1-2" bigger and implying it can be wrapped around the edge of the frame PRIOR to being tensioned/pulled. The manual is awful if you ask me. The tension springs themselves are a neat design though. Much preferred to the buttons on my Elite screen.

They also said the material comes pre-rolled with a drop-cloth to protect the floor. That was flat out false. There were several pieces of very thin foam sheets rolled with the screen. This was not 1 piece of protective material, but rather 4-5 separate pieces in a row. Once rolled out on the floor, they kept shifting and bunching up. I tossed them and used a painters drop cloth. Even if they hadn't shifted, they were slightly smaller than the screen material and horribly insufficient to protect it once rolled out. Calling this a "drop cloth" in the manual is deceptive and dangerous. If I had relied on it, my screen material would have made direct contact with my floor on many occasions.

I'd give the assembled product a 10/10, the outside packaging a 10/10, and the instructions + screen material interior packaging a 2/10. They should really try to assemble their own product according to their manual and see how many times it doesn't line up with reality.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Elunevision Audioweave, fixed screen. 150" 2.35:1.
Hoping I will have better success putting it together. I've only used Stewart in the past, however at this size of screen, being AT also, I could not justify the purchase of a Stewart at $8000 plus here in canada.

Any tips on assembly, other then make sure I have a correct "drop cloth"?

How do you like the image it puts out so far?

CineMoe 3.0 Atmos 7.2.4 build in progress
JVC RS540 | EluneVision Reference 4K Audioweave 150" 2.35:1 | Anthem MRX-1120 |OPPO UDP-203 | Definitive Tech BP8060ST, CS8060HD, 4x SR8040BP, 4x Atmos DI 6.5R | Dual HSU VTF-3 MK5 subs | Ultralink HDC-150RM power conditioner | Harmony Elite | 8x Sonos Connect Amps| Monoprice 12AWG speakerwire, certified HDR HDMI |
post #13 of 97 Old 10-30-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe80 View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Elunevision Audioweave, fixed screen. 150" 2.35:1.
Hoping I will have better success putting it together. I've only used Stewart in the past, however at this size of screen, being AT also, I could not justify the purchase of a Stewart at $8000 plus here in canada.

Any tips on assembly, other then make sure I have a correct "drop cloth"?

How do you like the image it puts out so far?
The image exceeds my expectations for sure. It is a noticeable improvement over my previous EliteScreens model.

My main tip for assembly is to make sure you have a helper and like you said, have a clean prepared surface to work on in case yours comes with the silly foam sheets too.

In the event your screen material appears short like mine did, don’t panic. You’ll need to use extra force like I did. The installation tools which hook the springs around the rod can also hook on the rod directly. Your helper can pull the rod from the hole adjacent to the one you’re attaching a spring on to help pull it around the frame. This will make sense when you’re doing it, I hope. My tensioning order ended up being tensioning corners, then both of the short sides, and then the long sides. There appear to be multiple versions of the manual floating around with various suggestions on tensioning order. I found this to be the only possible way in my situation. Be careful you don’t get any wrinkles. If you do, just unhook some springs, even it out, and then tension the affected areas again.

It wouldn’t hurt to keep a large supply of nitrile gloves on hand. You don’t want your sweaty hands touching the screen material at any point.

Last edited by gaspimp; 10-30-2017 at 01:12 PM.
post #14 of 97 Old 10-31-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
The image exceeds my expectations for sure. It is a noticeable improvement over my previous EliteScreens model.

My main tip for assembly is to make sure you have a helper and like you said, have a clean prepared surface to work on in case yours comes with the silly foam sheets too.

In the event your screen material appears short like mine did, don’t panic. You’ll need to use extra force like I did. The installation tools which hook the springs around the rod can also hook on the rod directly. Your helper can pull the rod from the hole adjacent to the one you’re attaching a spring on to help pull it around the frame. This will make sense when you’re doing it, I hope. My tensioning order ended up being tensioning corners, then both of the short sides, and then the long sides. There appear to be multiple versions of the manual floating around with various suggestions on tensioning order. I found this to be the only possible way in my situation. Be careful you don’t get any wrinkles. If you do, just unhook some springs, even it out, and then tension the affected areas again.

It wouldn’t hurt to keep a large supply of nitrile gloves on hand. You don’t want your sweaty hands touching the screen material at any point.
Oh boy, that seems like it will be loads of fun....hmmm
Thanks for the info!!
Will keep you posted. I pulled the trigger on the screen. It was supposed to arrive today but did not.
So perhaps tomo...
hehe299792458 likes this.

JVC RS540 | EluneVision Reference 4K Audioweave 150" 2.35:1 | Anthem MRX-1120 |OPPO UDP-203 | Definitive Tech BP8060ST, CS8060HD, 4x SR8040BP, 4x Atmos DI 6.5R | Dual HSU VTF-3 MK5 subs | Ultralink HDC-150RM power conditioner | Harmony Elite | 8x Sonos Connect Amps| Monoprice 12AWG speakerwire, certified HDR HDMI |
post #15 of 97 Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Oh boy, that seems like it will be loads of fun....hmmm
Thanks for the info!!
Will keep you posted. I pulled the trigger on the screen. It was supposed to arrive today but did not.
So perhaps tomo...
Good luck! Please post your experiences. With any luck, you'll get a newer revision of the screen or something and won't have these issues.
post #16 of 97 Old 11-01-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Good luck! Please post your experiences. With any luck, you'll get a newer revision of the screen or something and won't have these issues.
I'm not that lucky but I'll take it. Crossing my fingers
I'll post my findings for sure

post #17 of 97 Old 11-07-2017, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Interesting process, good to know about protecting the screen as well!

What is the black material, a liner of some type for the AR screen?

Thanks!

Al
post #18 of 97 Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:

What is the black material, a liner of some type for the AR screen?
Sorry, not sure how it works for the AT screens. I didn't get the AT model so my screen was a single-piece material (black on back, white on front). I got the reference studio 4K Slim, 1.0 gain.
post #19 of 97 Old 11-12-2017, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
I'm not that lucky but I'll take it. Crossing my fingers
I'll post my findings for sure
Hi @moe80 ,

Just wondering if you got your screen and what you think of it? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 140" Studio Reference AudioWeave 4K 2.35:1, and am curious to know what you think. Are you projecting 4K on to your screen?

Thanks!
post #20 of 97 Old 11-12-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zax123 View Post
Hi @moe80 ,

Just wondering if you got your screen and what you think of it? I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 140" Studio Reference AudioWeave 4K 2.35:1, and am curious to know what you think. Are you projecting 4K on to your screen?

Thanks!
Rob,
I did get the screen. Unfortunately it's still in the box. I am a couple weeks away from carpet so I didn't want to open it. I'm super anxious to put it together. The box ix giant over 12 feet long!

I will be doing 4K of some sort with either a JVC x40 series or if the Sony is bright enough the 285ES.

As soon as I get it set up I will post my impressions.
I don't think you can go wrong with that screen. Tremendous value and I haven't read or heard anything bad about them.

post #21 of 97 Old 11-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Rob,
I did get the screen. Unfortunately it's still in the box. I am a couple weeks away from carpet so I didn't want to open it. I'm super anxious to put it together. The box ix giant over 12 feet long!

I will be doing 4K of some sort with either a JVC x40 series or if the Sony is bright enough the 285ES.

As soon as I get it set up I will post my impressions.
I don't think you can go wrong with that screen. Tremendous value and I haven't read or heard anything bad about them.
Cool, keep us posted

I've ordered the Sony 385. I wanted true 4k and was a bit worried about the sound of eshift given that the projector is 18" from my ears

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
post #22 of 97 Old 11-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Cool, keep us posted

I've ordered the Sony 385. I wanted true 4k and was a bit worried about the sound of eshift given that the projector is 18" from my ears

OOOh! Nice, I considered the 385ES because of the lens memory and dynamic IRIS, bit it's so expensive here in Canada. Where are you located?

post #23 of 97 Old 11-12-2017, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cool, keep us posted

Good call on the eshift noise. It can be really annoying depending on the source

post #24 of 97 Old 11-12-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
OOOh! Nice, I considered the 385ES because of the lens memory and dynamic IRIS, bit it's so expensive here in Canada. Where are you located?
I'm in the Montreal area. What price did you get on the 385? I might be able to help you get one. Pm me

post #25 of 97 Old 12-06-2017, 08:44 AM

So I just received the EluneVision 4K AudioWeave 130" diagonal 2.35:1 screen.

I won't have time to build it until later this evening. I finally went with "only" 130" and not 140" due to wanting as much brightness as possible for HDR content.

I also decided to switch back to the JVC x990 projector because of brightness and the concern of 60Hz HDR content with the Sony.

I may be able to project some images later tonight, but I don't yet have an AVR, so it'll be something not very exciting. I also don't have any 4K BluRays yet...
post #26 of 97 Old 12-25-2017, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
This is my first post in this forum, at first hello together ?
I'm Oliver from Germany.

Do anyone can show some pictures of an Audioweave Screen?
Is the Screen ok by 10.5 ft viewing distance? Is there any hotspot because of the 1.15 Gain?

I hope somebody can help me.
?
post #27 of 97 Old 12-29-2017, 08:53 AM

Screen Update

So I assembled and mounted the screen over the holidays.
First off, wow, stretching the screen was certainly a 2 man job. My fingers are still numb a week later.
Having to really pull and stretch the material was very difficult as you get to the corners.
But after it was done, it was very tight and zero wrinkles in the screen.

A gorgeous screen, very impressed with the audio weave, my first row is about 14 feet back and you cannot see the weaves in the screen, they are so small simply gorgeous.
The frame was solid, very strong, but the velour around the screen had some "faded spots" looked warn, not sure why, or how that is. Minor but would have liked to see a perfect frame for this type of screen.

After much debate over projectors I ended up with the JVC 540, and glad I did. The price I got was absolutely amazing and an extra free lamp.
It is plenty bright from 20 feet away and powers the screen with no issues. Watched lots of movies over the holiday, in 4K HDR, simply stunning. No hot spotting and thee entire screen is nicely lit all around.

I have not calibrated the projector, will do so once I get 50 hours on it. The lens memory on the projector works amazing and makes having a 150"2.35:1 screen awesome.

All and all, coming from 2 stewart screens, all I can say is this is a great screen that rivals the stewart and I can recommend it without reservations.
Al Sherwood likes this.

Last edited by moe80; 01-05-2018 at 12:30 PM.
post #28 of 97 Old 01-03-2018, 07:35 AM

I'm terribly late in posting this.

But as I mentioned above, I received my EluneVision 4k audioweave screen before Xmas. We set it up that evening or maybe the day after. I really don't think set up was that bad.

The frame is super solid. I was worried that you'd see the seam in the large top and bottom frame pieces (because they come in two pieces) but you really can't. They mate together so tightly that the seam disappears.

Yes, there are a bunch of little springs to attach but I didn't find any of them very hard to do. There are two layers of fabric. One which is the audioweave and then another black backing to prevent reflections and get better contrast. Once attached, there are zero wrinkles in the fabric. It is tight and even everywhere.

The quality of the frame and screen is awesome. I was not worried about breaking or bending anything while working. It all went together super well.

In terms of picture quality, I'm throwing a 130" 2.35:1 diagonal image from a JVC X990/RS640 whose lens is about 15-16' from the screen. Seating positions are at 10' and 15'. At no time can you see the weave of the screen, it is very fine. Due to it being at an angle, there is no moire effect and the picture is even without bright spots.

I must say that I am not a screen expert. My last screen was in my previous home theater and it was about 5 years ago that I last saw it. It was a very inexpensive Monoprice screen and I was projecting from a 1080p Panasonic AE4000. Having said that, I think the picture is amazing. It's bright and contrasty and crisp. I have yet to calibrate the projector (I'm waiting to get 50-75 hours on it) so I'm sure the picture will get even better.

Overall I am super happy with this screen which was competing against screens/frames at least double the price and I can't imagine the picture being THAT much better.
Al Sherwood likes this.
post #29 of 97 Old 01-05-2018, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I am very snoopy about the screen. Hope it is an improvement for my Home Cinema. Actually i use an Alphaluxx Barium 6 Reflex draper. But there i can see the structure of the draper in lighly scenes and the pictures can be crisper. It is a low price screen, so i think the Audioweave is better. All i read about the Audioweave is great ( but sadly there is not so much to read in the www )
Finally i hope it is a good alternative to the very expensive Stewart screens.
post #30 of 97 Old 01-05-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I'm terribly late in posting this.

But as I mentioned above, I received my EluneVision 4k audioweave screen before Xmas. We set it up that evening or maybe the day after. I really don't think set up was that bad.

The frame is super solid. I was worried that you'd see the seam in the large top and bottom frame pieces (because they come in two pieces) but you really can't. They mate together so tightly that the seam disappears.

Yes, there are a bunch of little springs to attach but I didn't find any of them very hard to do. There are two layers of fabric. One which is the audioweave and then another black backing to prevent reflections and get better contrast. Once attached, there are zero wrinkles in the fabric. It is tight and even everywhere.

The quality of the frame and screen is awesome. I was not worried about breaking or bending anything while working. It all went together super well.

In terms of picture quality, I'm throwing a 130" 2.35:1 diagonal image from a JVC X990/RS640 whose lens is about 15-16' from the screen. Seating positions are at 10' and 15'. At no time can you see the weave of the screen, it is very fine. Due to it being at an angle, there is no moire effect and the picture is even without bright spots.

I must say that I am not a screen expert. My last screen was in my previous home theater and it was about 5 years ago that I last saw it. It was a very inexpensive Monoprice screen and I was projecting from a 1080p Panasonic AE4000. Having said that, I think the picture is amazing. It's bright and contrasty and crisp. I have yet to calibrate the projector (I'm waiting to get 50-75 hours on it) so I'm sure the picture will get even better.

Overall I am super happy with this screen which was competing against screens/frames at least double the price and I can't imagine the picture being THAT much better.
Zax

wonder if the screens are constructed differently depending on the size,
I had 4 pieces to my screen frame. 1 top and 1 bottom, and 2 sides. All connect at the comers as per usual.
The top and bottoms are giant, over 12 feet. I expected it to be 2 pieces.

I had no springs, but rather these little clips that push down on the little rids and screen material. It was extremely tough to do. So likely a different system then yours.
Here is 1 pic, I will get better ones. My room is not complete as you can see.
Wonder why that is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171225_1207401.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	456.5 KB
ID:	2340778  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page