My review of the DEA Pulsar Screen. WOW! - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 99Likes

post #451 of 453 Old 12-09-2019, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have a 120" Abyss mounted at roughly 16.5-17' distance (~200"). I initially tried a Pulsar but the hotspotting was too much and swapped to Abyss which is perfect. No more hotspotting and also a less sparkly image. I couldn't be happier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 453 Old 12-09-2019, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanjoey2 View Post
I have a 120" Abyss mounted at roughly 16.5-17' distance (~200"). I initially tried a Pulsar but the hotspotting was too much and swapped to Abyss which is perfect. No more hotspotting and also a less sparkly image. I couldn't be happier.
Are you in a light controlled room? I definitely agree there is some hotspotting/sparkly due to the high gain but I have only found it to be an issue at night no lights and watching regular TV broadcast. 1080p blue rays and 4k content I haven't noticed it as much. If you don't need the gain and are in a light controlled room go for the abyss. I had the abyss first but my projector is in the living room and gets about 50/50 daytime night-time watching

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
post #453 of 453 Old 12-10-2019, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
Are you in a light controlled room? I definitely agree there is some hotspotting/sparkly due to the high gain but I have only found it to be an issue at night no lights and watching regular TV broadcast. 1080p blue rays and 4k content I haven't noticed it as much. If you don't need the gain and are in a light controlled room go for the abyss. I had the abyss first but my projector is in the living room and gets about 50/50 daytime night-time watching

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
It's not a light-controlled room (white walls, have very large windows but with blackout cellular shades blocking them (some leakage around the border). The other side however is 50% open to the rest of the house and moderate light comes in from there. I have a 5040UB though, and that's plenty bright, even on the Abyss, even with some ambient light.
xbladr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page