Elite Screens - Aeon - Anyone?Feedback? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LumensLover

post #1 of 7 Old 04-13-2018, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Elite Screens - Aeon - Anyone?Feedback?

See some mixed reviews on Amazon - Looking for feedback.. Projector is a JVC RS420 in a Dedicated HT Room

Elite Screens Aeon, 120-inch 16:9, 4K Home Theater Fixed Frame EDGE FREE Borderless Projection Projector Screen

Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-14-2018, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 465
I was the first to own an Aeon frame when they were first released. My first generstion version had razor sharp corners that you could peel an orange on. This caused the frame to rip holes in my material on the corners during assembly. I complained to Elite screens, and the next generation had rubber corners on each end of the frame. If you can get a good working version, the Aeon is a good screen and the cine white material a d cinegrey 5D material were both very good in my opinion.

Last edited by LumensLover; 04-14-2018 at 07:53 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-14-2018, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumensLover View Post
I was the first to own an Aeon frame when they were first released. My first generstion version had razor sharp corners that you could peel an orange on. This caused the frame to rip holes in my material on the corners during assembly. I complained to Elite screens, and the next generation had rubber corners on each end of the frame. If you can get a good working version, the Aeon is a good screen and the cine white material a d cinegrey 5D material were both very good in my opinion.
Thanks, I cannot tell which is 1st and 2nd Gen on Amazon.
This is the one i plan to buy. 120Inch CineWhite Version as i dont need any LightRejection
https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens...ustomerReviews

I could just go with the traditional frame screen (Silver Ticket), But this gives me a 10 Inch Diagonal Size Increase,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-14-2018, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohmony View Post
Thanks, I cannot tell which is 1st and 2nd Gen on Amazon.
This is the one i plan to buy. 120Inch CineWhite Version as i dont need any LightRejection
https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens...ustomerReviews

I could just go with the traditional frame screen (Silver Ticket), But this gives me a 10 Inch Diagonal Size Increase,
All the aeon screen frames now are the newest generation with the sharp corner issue addressed. Silver ticket also sells a thin bezel screen.
Ftoast likes this.

Last edited by LumensLover; 04-14-2018 at 11:39 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-14-2018, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumensLover View Post
All the aeon screen frames now are the newest generation with the sharp corner issue addressed. Silver ticket also sells a thin bezel screen.
My friend has the Elite screen but I had a low budget so I ended buying Delux screen from amazon.com/DELUX-SCREENS-Ultra-Projector-Screen/dp/B0751Q4DQ2/ref=sr_1_5?m=A1VL83XKJR80H4&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1523747003&sr=1-5 and it looks same as the elite screen. If you are on the budget I guess this is the same screen but cheaper.

Last edited by Luv2Automate; 04-20-2018 at 10:33 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-19-2018, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I just looked into pulling the trigger on one. I need the 138" 2.35. Turns out they are not in stock and could be months before they get any.

JVC X550R /Panny UB820/GIK treatments
Elunevision 140" 2.35
Marantz AV8802a/Wyred4Sound 7-channel amp
Outlaw 5000/ 4 JBL 328Cs for Atmos/ 7.2.4 Atmos
JTR 3TX LCRs/Single8 HT-LP surrounds(4)/Dual Pierce/Speakerpower 21" subs
post #7 of 7 Old 11-08-2019, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I found the Aeon frame easy to assemble and stretch the screen tight across. I've done two, and there's a little variation in how taught they get, my first was perfectly flat and my second has a bit of a ripple in one corner (but not visible). I can't compare the CineWhite material to anything beside a first-generation FireHawk (which shows more texture so isn't good for 4K) and a basic painted wall (which is clearly inferior). So I'm not well informed, but am very pleased.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page