Video: EluneVision Aurora NanoEdge ALR screen review ! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Video: EluneVision Aurora NanoEdge ALR screen review !

Hi guys!

In my custom home theater, I have a Stewart Filmscreen StudioTek 130 G3 reference 100 inch screen. It's in a dedicated HT room with matte black walls and no windows for perfect light control.

But many people don't have a dedicated closed off room, or have windows and lights, or plan on installing a projector in a brightly lit room. Well EluneVision released their new Aurora NanoEdge screen with ALR (ambient light rejection) technology.

Basically, it's a screen that has nanoparticles that reject ambient light, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a projection setup in a brightly lit room without loosing contrast, colors, black levels and sharpness.

Here's my video review:

In English:

In French:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-25-2018, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan TheOranizer View Post
Hi guys!

In my custom home theater, I have a Stewart Filmscreen StudioTek 130 G3 reference 100 inch screen. It's in a dedicated HT room with matte black walls and no windows for perfect light control.

But many people don't have a dedicated closed off room, or have windows and lights, or plan on installing a projector in a brightly lit room. Well EluneVision released their new Aurora NanoEdge screen with ALR (ambient light rejection) technology.

Basically, it's a screen that has nanoparticles that reject ambient light, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a projection setup in a brightly lit room without loosing contrast, colors, black levels and sharpness.

Here's my video review:

In English:
https://youtu.be/GsGIBGKaKiA

In French:
https://youtu.be/k0b60chFPsM
Nice review, thank you. I just got my NanoEdge Audioweave screen up and am blown away. These screens are super high quality. I can literally be standing a foot from the screen and not see any weave/perforation. I know the ALR screen you reviewed is different material, just wanted to throw in another thumbs up though for Elune.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-27-2018, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Videod: EluneVision Aurora NanoEdge ALR screen review !

Hi, any thoughts on how this screen compares to elite screen Cinegray 5d or Seymour Visionare Black for moderate ambient light in a room?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-28-2018, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Liked: 4104
@Mushinoshin44 , I haven't seen any direct comparison of the three screens you are asking about. It would be hard to find anyone who would have direct experience with all three, especially since EluneVision is primarily sold in Canada and the other two in the US. Projectorcentral.com did include Seymour Matinee Black in their ALR screen comparison and the AccuCal screen materials report did test CineGrey 5D (links below):

projectorcentral.com/ambient-light-rejection-screens-2.htm

accucalav.com/wp-content/uploads/accucal_front_projection_screen_report.pdf
post #5 of 6 Old 06-16-2020, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How is the shimmer/sparkle/texture?

In the dark room, is it darker than studiotek or lighter?

Right now I also have the studiotek 130 and it's spectacular but my room isn't 100% black, so my black levels are noticeably contaminated with light bouncing back from the room. I would like to improve black levels while keeping overall brightness (for HDR) and not lose picture quality / smoothness / clarity.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-21-2020, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks promising, how much do these cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page