Originally Posted by armyplace
That's great to hear you are happy with the screen in the end after all those unexpected costs!
Which fabric did you choose for your 115" screen?
I've been quoted a 1.8gain screen - WF1 Pro Max 4K for a totally light controlled room.
I went with Soundmax 4k.
Screen has been installed. I can't say enough about XY's mounting design. Here are a few quick tips:
- The hooks included with the mounting brackets have very in the way of adjustability. Replace them with 2" eye bolts to gain a little bit of adjustment.
- The included IR adapter seems to be too big for the hole in the side of the unit. An extension cable with a small male end fixed this problem.
- The XY screen does not appear to be in the Harmony database. I added a random screen that was and then overwrote the up/down commands with the ones from the XY remote.
- There's no included way to attach the IR sensor, so I just stuck it on using a piece of 3M VHB tape
- The 12V trigger input appears to be a 2.5 mm jack. Very strange.
- Black felt tape did a great job in making the housing black.
JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 16x9 100", XY Screen 2.4:1 115"
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Denon AVR-X3200W/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X/Original Xbox
Logitech Harmony Hub