Ultra Short Throw 4k screen suggestions - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 34 Old 11-14-2019, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuller View Post
Hi all, I own the Fengmi 4K cinema and looking for a 120 inch Pet Crystal screen.

At the moment I have 2 offers:

Azure USD$800
XY screens USD$1100

Both are including shipping to Sydney Australia.

Is it worth going for XY which is $300 more expensive or any other brands I should look at?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Steve
Hey Steve, I supply the XY PET Crystal UST in Australia (I'm in South Australia to be exact). If you're interested in buying "locally" get in touch. It will cost a bit more even after I give you a discount from my list price so if price is your only consideration just go ahead with buying from China.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 11-22-2019, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
I’d second this, I’ve done countless hours of research on this. While I haven’t seen either in person, The ViewSonic (rebranded DNP) has much better build quality than the Elite Screen competitor. The ES uses Velcro for the tensioning system, the boarder is just double sided felt tape and it costs considerably more. I don’t normally bash products, especially ones I haven’t used. However, I almost feel obligated to speak up when I might prevent someone from spending close to two grand on a imho poorly designed product. The ViewSonic would be my first choice.
Quote:
Sorry, I really don’t like too dump on products. I’m glad yours is holding up well. I had a member message me warning me that his border was peeling off due to the double sided tape. He also mentioned that he had to re-Velcro the screen material over time and that the middle of the screen had a slight kink where the top of the screen joins together (his support beam wouldn’t fit). Maybe he did a poor job of assembling idk. He also mentioned that he lives in a really humid environment, so this might not be an issue for most. I, personally would rather spend my money on a more tried and true design. Tension springs, screw down boarder, and a four piece frame (vs six piece) are all advantages the ViewSonic/DNP screen has over the ES option. Then when you consider it costs less, I just can’t think of any reason not to choose the ViewSonic/DNP.

If you're referring to the ES Aeon CLR screen, this is apparently no longer the case and they have been redesigned with a spring tensioning system and new bezel that looks to be held on with springs, as well. And it is less expensive than the Viewsonic. 120" is $1299 @ B&H plus free shipping and no tax(if you have their PayBoo card).

https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/A...ssemblyWeb.mp4

I just ordered one a few days ago for my just arrived LG HU85. Hopefully it will be in next week.
LondonBenji likes this.
post #33 of 34 Old 11-26-2019, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
If you're referring to the ES Aeon CLR screen, this is apparently no longer the case and they have been redesigned with a spring tensioning system and new bezel that looks to be held on with springs, as well. And it is less expensive than the Viewsonic. 120" is $1299 @ B&H plus free shipping and no tax(if you have their PayBoo card).

https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/A...ssemblyWeb.mp4

I just ordered one a few days ago for my just arrived LG HU85. Hopefully it will be in next week.

Thanks for bringing that to light. I think the improved build quality and price should make it worthy of consideration. In fact I have recommended this revised version in other threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 11-26-2019, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Thanks for bringing that to light. I think the improved build quality and price should make it worthy of consideration. In fact I have recommended this revised version in other threads.
My screen just came in, but it's going to be next week before my projector dealer can install it. They don't sell ES, but they're still going to install it. I was hoping to have it up Friday or Saturday, but alas... I'll give y'all an update after it's all up and running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page