Floor rising portable 4k screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By osifer
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Floor rising portable 4k screen

Does anyone make one or is it really not possible like I was told ?
ng4ever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Probably not, but if you’re the type of person who has the means to have something custom made for them... anything is possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ng4ever likes this.
osifer is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 04-12-2019, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by osifer View Post
Probably not, but if you’re the type of person who has the means to have something custom made for them... anything is possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks makes sense!
ng4ever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 04-13-2019, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,942
Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3582 Post(s)
Liked: 2772
@ng4ever , where are you getting your information? There's no screen industry standard for 4K. Most screen makers say their screens are "4K ready" because it's just a marketing term. For example, all of Elite's portable floor rising screens are claimed to be 4K ready. Are you looking for a 1.0 gain white screen? What size are you looking for and exactly how portable does it need to be? For example, a 120" 16:9 floor rising screen can be fairly easily moved from room to room in a home. But if you wanted to travel with a 120" floor rising screen the case is nearly 10' long so obviously wouldn't fit in the trunk of a standard car and would be a bit much to take with you on an airline flight.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
@ng4ever , where are you getting your information? There's no screen industry standard for 4K. Most screen makers say their screens are "4K ready" because it's just a marketing term. For example, all of Elite's portable floor rising screens are claimed to be 4K ready. Are you looking for a 1.0 gain white screen? What size are you looking for and exactly how portable does it need to be? For example, a 120" 16:9 floor rising screen can be fairly easily moved from room to room in a home. But if you wanted to travel with a 120" floor rising screen the case is nearly 10' long so obviously wouldn't fit in the trunk of a standard car and would be a bit much to take with you on an airline flight.
projectorscreens.com i believe if I remember right.


I don't need to transport it outside my home just in my home.
ng4ever is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 7
So would any screen mostly be ok for 1080p at least?
ng4ever is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Don Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Stewart Filmscreen Corporation. USA
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng4ever View Post
Does anyone make one or is it really not possible like I was told ?
I believe Draper makes what you are looking for up to 12 feet wide.
https://www.draperinc.com/projection...l/216/luma-2-r

Manufactures of Precision Professional Projection Screens.
An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company.
UL GREENGUARD Certified For Environmentally Friendly Products.
http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/
Don Stewart is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stewart View Post
I believe Draper makes what you are looking for up to 12 feet wide.
https://www.draperinc.com/projection...l/216/luma-2-r

Sorry that won't work sits to low to the floor
ng4ever is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 04-14-2019, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,942
Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3582 Post(s)
Liked: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng4ever View Post
Sorry that won't work sits to low to the floor
Can you please describe in more detail exactly what you need, i.e. screen size (diagonal in inches), how high off the floor you want the bottom of the screen image to be, how high your ceiling is, whether you want manually retractable or powered, how much you have budgeted, etc.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 04-15-2019, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I want this screen https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ble_Front.html but worried it won't look good with 4k content because I was told it wasn't meant for 4k.




I would get this one instead https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...r_2_front.html which I know will work well but I am scared it will take too long to setup and take down
ng4ever is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 04-16-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,942
Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3582 Post(s)
Liked: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng4ever View Post
I want this screen https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ble_Front.html but worried it won't look good with 4k content because I was told it wasn't meant for 4k.

I would get this one instead https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...r_2_front.html which I know will work well but I am scared it will take too long to setup and take down
Whoever told you the ezCinema won't work with 4K content is wrong. Elite clearly states in their description of the ezCinema:

Quote:
Active 3D, 4K Ultra HD, and HDR ready

elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/159
Dave in Green is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off