Vivid Storm Tab Tension? (Grandview) - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #61 of 62 Old 05-18-2020, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avax View Post
Those of you that have the vividstorm floor rising ust screen, I was wondering how they have held up now that some time has past? I am moving in two weeks and need to make some decisions on the new set up. I really like the concept of a UST laser and this floor retractable screen, no need to run electrical thru the wall to a ceiling mounted screen, no need to snake HDMI cables through the ceiling. It is a super convenient option. I ran my da-lite screen for over 20 years and never had a problem with it, but this Chinese stuff has me concerned about durability.

Thanks!
Sorry, I just saw this and figured I'd reply. I've had mine for a month and a half. I really like it. I wall mounted it which was a bit of a hassle to figure out exactly how high to make it so that the UST lined up perfectly, but I like the look of it quite a bit.

I have 2 complaints but 1 is fairly minor.

1. If you take the image all the way to the edge you will get some image warping. It's not super noticeable but if you are watching something with straight horizontal lines on the screen at the edge they'll slightly bend upwards. This is super minor though and not a big deal in my mind.

2. This is my bigger issue but something that I have not seen anyone else have a problem with but me. My screen has a blemish almost dead center in the screen. It's about the size of a pin hole. 95% of the time you cannot see it when the projector is one but if the image is very bright (typically when the image is white) you can see the blemish. It looks almost like a dead spot on the screen and is brighter than the rest of the image. It's annoying but thankfully it's rarely noticeable.

I did talk to the company about issue #2 and they responded and sent me a fact sheet for the material they use that indicates blemishes that size are within what is considered normal for the fabric. They said while they are not typical that since mine is not larger it would be considered ok. They offered me a small refund to account for it. I wouldn't even care if mine was not dead center but those are the breaks sometimes.

Good news, I did a bunch of research on the screens and have not seen a single other person with this issue, so I really do believe I just got super unlucky. Overall, the image is gorgeous on the screen . I can watch with teh lights fully on if I want and it looks good. When I turn the lights off in the theater room the image is stunning. So I would still recommend it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 05-18-2020, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ernest787 thanks for the reply. Other than the blemish seems like you haven't any issues with tension and/or waves. USTs are really unforgiving if the screen has any waves.

My biggest worry is the saw tooth like screen material would eventually fail after thousands of unrolling and rolling. It going to either be the VAVA and Vividstorm or a 77" Oled.

I guess I will make that call in a couple weeks once I move in to the new place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page