Vivid Storm Tab Tension? (Grandview) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1 of 37 Old 05-02-2019, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Vivid Storm Tab Tension? (Grandview)

Hey I was wondering has anyone tried these Vividstorm screens? They have good reviews on Amazon, and Silver Ticket seems to have White Labeled the same one and is selling it for more. I noticed in seller responses this seems to be "GrandView" Screen Company.

I would really like the Electric Pull down, however I dont want waves, and refuse to spend 2k dollars on a screen, I just dont feel thats needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 05-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlocc View Post
Hey I was wondering has anyone tried these Vividstorm screens? They have good reviews on Amazon, and Silver Ticket seems to have White Labeled the same one and is selling it for more. I noticed in seller responses this seems to be "GrandView" Screen Company.

I would really like the Electric Pull down, however I dont want waves, and refuse to spend 2k dollars on a screen, I just dont feel thats needed.
Have you looked at EluneVision? Do you want in ceiling or mounted to ceiling/wall? What size?

Build Thread:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...m-wet-bar.html
Theatre Room: Samsung UN55KU7000F | Pioneer SP-FS52 x 2 | Polk MC80 x 2
Epson 5040UB | 120" Elunevision 4K Reference Tab 2.35:1 | Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Center Channel
post #3 of 37 Old 05-03-2019, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanttom View Post
Have you looked at EluneVision? Do you want in ceiling or mounted to ceiling/wall? What size?
106-110"

Ya Elunevsion is 1.5k lol, Vividstorm is 450.

On wall/ceiling, likely have to use the wall Ls to bring it out a bit.

So we had a nice screen, at a time, (borrowed from a friend), to us in our non light treated house, with a Epson 3700 the silver ticket looked just as good. Which we have now, a fixed frame ST mounted to fold up to the ceiling, the electric pull down is only for Convenience, we are happy with our current screen, my wife wants me to finish making this one like a fixture and not buy a pull down, but she isn't the one that has to take it down lol.

BTW the nice screen, was material he got from his work, which is a new high end theater company. They use 4k PJs that read some strange files, and the screen material is extremely expensive, he got a damaged one, and made a small screen with it.

Anyway, that convenience has value to me, but not that much value.

Last edited by cyberlocc; 05-03-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 08-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My vividstorm comes in 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Johnny nz likes this.
post #5 of 37 Old 08-14-2019, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have a Vividstorm 120" floor riser screen arriving any day now. I will pair it with either the new LG UST laser projector, or the new Optoma P1 projector. I'll post up thoughts once I get it set up.
Johnny nz likes this.
post #6 of 37 Old 08-20-2019, 12:43 PM

My motorized from the top ALR showed up today, 120 inch. Cant wait to try it out after work if I have time

post #7 of 37 Old 08-21-2019, 09:10 AM

It was packaged great, I got an L bracket from amazon to extend it out past the TV, but it didnt reach. Longer bracket is coming friday

post #8 of 37 Old 08-25-2019, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlocc View Post
Are you sure it said "Grandview" and not just "Grand"? Any chance you can post (or PM me) the link?

Thanks
post #9 of 37 Old 08-25-2019, 07:13 AM

Got the tension slim, seems nice. I wish they made a 1.0 gain version

post #10 of 37 Old 08-28-2019, 09:45 AM

I am getting waves/indents from the rollers now after using it a few times

post #11 of 37 Old 09-04-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphx2 View Post
I am getting waves/indents from the rollers now after using it a few times

Ugh, that stinks. I've had some other people tell me they went the Vividstorm route and had similar (and worse) problems.
Have you contacted Vividstorm yet?
post #12 of 37 Old 09-04-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectionHead View Post
Ugh, that stinks. I've had some other people tell me they went the Vividstorm route and had similar (and worse) problems.

Yup. Really friendly guys. They suggested I return it because of a rare defect. I asked if I should do a replacement they said no, but now they are asking me if I am going to replace it . Probably just lost in translation. The knob to set how far it goes down didnt work either and it made the whole screen go up in the casing when I bring it up. I am having two ALR samples from xyscreen show up today to check it out. Was costly for samples, but should be better than vividstorm

post #13 of 37 Old 09-04-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Yup. Really friendly guys. They suggested I return it because of a rare defect. I asked if I should do a replacement they said no, but now they are asking me if I am going to replace it . Probably just lost in translation. The knob to set how far it goes down didnt work either and it made the whole screen go up in the casing when I bring it up. I am having two ALR samples from xyscreen show up today to check it out. Was costly for samples, but should be better than vividstorm

I know it's costly, but SI makes the BEST motorized UST ALR screen out there on their Solo 2 Pro.
post #14 of 37 Old 09-04-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
I know it's costly, but SI makes the BEST motorized UST ALR screen out there on their Solo 2 Pro.
Yeah, that is not going to happen for me, too much $$

post #15 of 37 Old 09-06-2019, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Hi ,I,m Moria from VIVIDSTORM,INC.In fact,I remember this customer,and We are still in touch,so i also had seen the picture of the screen with waves .
For the problem of wrinkles on this screen, we have already talked with him. And he is willing to give us another chance to make up to him,so he have returned it and change a new screen.
we are currently following up with every customer, from buying our screens to receiving our screens. This customer is very friendly and kind, and we are very grateful to him, because he has been in contact with us since he bought the screen from the beginning, and after he received the goods, I also took the initiative to ask if the screen he received was intact. After he told us that the screen was wrinkled, we immediately contacted him to return the bad screen to Amazon, or we refunded the money to him. He is very good, he chose to trust us again, so he applied to Amazon to send a new screen to him.
As a new seller of Amazon, we admit that our screen is not 100% intact, but we are willing to promise that if there is any problem with the screen, please provide us with a picture, we can help you change a new one for free, if the new one still has issues ,We are also willing to give you a full refund.
In addition, If there are other problems, we are willing to help you solve them and do our best to meet the requirements of customers.
Although we still have a lot of places need to improve, we are willing to learn from the experience and lessons to provide customers with better and better projection screens.Please trust us and give our a chance,We will be very grateful for your ability to do this.
Please feel free to contact us back in the future if you feel that you need further assistance.
Our email:[email protected]
Thank you so much
post #16 of 37 Old 09-15-2019, 01:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 456
I am currently testing the Floor tensionned ALR UST screen version which is simply excellent.

https://www.passionhomecinema.fr/blo...r-test-phc-fr/

post #17 of 37 Old 09-19-2019, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Best screen for the Optoma Cinemax P1

Quote:

Has anyone confirmed if Grandview and Vividstorm are the same? Did you call them?
I have contacted VividStorm at least 3 times via email, no response yet. I just reached out to Elune to see what they can offer.
I am looking for a cost-effective solution for a screen that is ceiling/wall or floor mounted that will give my new UST the best image for 2k or less... any advice? Ideal size is 100 or 120 inches depending on the solution.

THANKS ALL!
post #18 of 37 Old 09-19-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawolv View Post
Has anyone confirmed if Grandview and Vividstorm are the same? Did you call them?

I have contacted VividStorm at least 3 times via email, no response yet. I just reached out to Elune to see what they can offer.

I am looking for a cost-effective solution for a screen that is ceiling/wall or floor mounted that will give my new UST the best image for 2k or less... any advice? Ideal size is 100 or 120 inches depending on the solution.

THANKS ALL!
Message them on facebook. They always respond when they are awake. They keep in contact with me about problems and my replacement. My replacement is coming tomorrow. I found a few other projector screen companies on alibaba, but not sure of their quality

post #19 of 37 Old 09-19-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Did you end up replacing your screen with another VividStorm or did you opt with the xyscreen based on your samples? Thanks!
post #20 of 37 Old 09-19-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Did you end up replacing your screen with another VividStorm or did you opt with the xyscreen based on your samples? Thanks!
The xyscreen samples I had were a .8 and a 1.8 (or something like that). The .8 ALR looked exactly like the vividstorm ALR, which is also a .8 gain. I did a replacement with vividstorm giving them a second chance and its arriving tomorrow morning...but gotta work so no installing till the night time.

post #21 of 37 Old 09-19-2019, 03:38 PM

Optoma Cinemax P1

Quote:
The xyscreen samples I had were a .8 and a 1.8 (or something like that). The .8 ALR looked exactly like the vividstorm ALR, which is also a .8 gain. I did a replacement with vividstorm giving them a second chance and its arriving tomorrow morning...but gotta work so no installing till the night time.

Ok thanks for this... look forward to your update. I think its a bit silly I need to messenger VividStorm after emailing multiple times but I really want the the floor mounted screen they offer to be great and work out, so I will do it!

XY sent me this link to check out their stuff on Alibaba, I have not explored in detail.

www alibaba.com/product-detail/XY-Screen-hot-sale-air-PET_62311548108.html?spm=a2747.manage.0.0.5f0d71d2 tcwG6E
Note: I added a space as my post count is too low to add URL's

Thanks again!
post #22 of 37 Old 09-19-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Ok thanks for this... look forward to your update. I think its a bit silly I need to messenger VividStorm after emailing multiple times but I really want the the floor mounted screen they offer to be great and work out, so I will do it!

XY sent me this link to check out their stuff on Alibaba, I have not explored in detail.

www alibaba.com/product-detail/XY-Screen-hot-sale-air-PET_62311548108.html?spm=a2747.manage.0.0.5f0d71d2 tcwG6E

Note: I added a space as my post count is too low to add URL's

Thanks again!
I use whatsapp and alibaba chat for xy, I guess everyone has their thing

post #23 of 37 Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
I use whatsapp and alibaba chat for xy, I guess everyone has their thing

did you get the Ambient light rejecting one? is the .8 gain bright enough?

Last edited by Nstd; 09-19-2019 at 11:37 PM.
post #24 of 37 Old 09-21-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nstd View Post
I ended up going with Elune Screens as VividStorm never got back to me.

Elune sales team recommended this:

Best screen to use for this is the Aurora 8K UST material and make it in the Tab Tensioned 120” 16:9 format for you.
elunevision.com/materials/reference-8k-short-throw-projection-screen/

use case like this:
elunevision.com/screens/reference-studio/4k-motorized-tab-tensioned/

Apologies as I dont have enough posts yet to include URLS

So, the combo will take at least 3 weeks but very excited! There sales and service so far has been great.
I also like that they are Canadian owned but have a US presence and at least one local distributor. They even gave me pricing comparable to VividStorm, we shall see what it looks like!
post #25 of 37 Old 09-21-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I ended up going with Elune Screens as VividStorm never got back to me.

Elune sales team recommended this:

Best screen to use for this is the Aurora 8K UST material and make it in the Tab Tensioned 120” 16:9 format for you.

elunevision.com/materials/reference-8k-short-throw-projection-screen/

use case like this:

elunevision.com/screens/reference-studio/4k-motorized-tab-tensioned/

Apologies as I dont have enough posts yet to include URLS

So, the combo will take at least 3 weeks but very excited! There sales and service so far has been great.

I also like that they are Canadian owned but have a US presence and at least one local distributor. They even gave me pricing comparable to VividStorm, we shall see what it looks like!
What was the price? My new one looks great so far, no wrinkles

post #26 of 37 Old 09-21-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nstd View Post
Quote:
What was the price? My new one looks great so far, no wrinkles

Thats great, very happy for you!
Price ended up being the same as what VS lists as there pricing on Amazon. They gave me a pretty solid discount so I am trying to be respectful on not posting the exact amount in a public forum.
post #27 of 37 Old 09-21-2019, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Have you guys considered the XY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #28 of 37 Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is the Vividstrom topic and not XY.

I am currently testing the Vividstorm with a Fengmi 4K projector, here is the visual result. Superbly smooth and precise image, with very good light control and no hot spot effect.

http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/38/ja8e.jpg
post #29 of 37 Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post
This is the Vividstrom topic and not XY.

I am currently testing the Vividstorm with a Fengmi 4K projector, here is the visual result. Superbly smooth and precise image, with very good light control and no hot spot effect.

http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=19/38/ja8e.jpg
I cant see the photo. My replacement looks great too so far too. I got the .8 gain ALR

post #30 of 37 Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page