Good idea? (roll up, roll down) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-15-2019, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Good idea? (roll up, roll down)

Tell me if this is a good idea or bad?

I could order just the screen material and make my own screen! The problem is it would need to be lightweight. Less than 4 lb. Mainly because I would want to hang it up on the wall maybe upside down big maybe. Depending on where the black part is for the no screen is. Then use command strips to connect it to the wall without holes.

Then when I don't want it out roll it up like a big tube all the way to my ceiling in the media room. Then when I need it roll it back down.

The problem is what is the best projector screen material to buy ?

Kinda like a screen that pulls up manually but instead using just the screen and no heavy metal part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-18-2019, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6612 Post(s)
Liked: 7680
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng4ever View Post
Tell me if this is a good idea or bad?

I could order just the screen material and make my own screen! The problem is it would need to be lightweight. Less than 4 lb. Mainly because I would want to hang it up on the wall maybe upside down big maybe. Depending on where the black part is for the no screen is. Then use command strips to connect it to the wall without holes.

Then when I don't want it out roll it up like a big tube all the way to my ceiling in the media room. Then when I need it roll it back down.

The problem is what is the best projector screen material to buy ?

Kinda like a screen that pulls up manually but instead using just the screen and no heavy metal part.
Might work, but screen materials tend to wrinkle if not kept under tension - either in a fixed frame or with a tensioning system for electric screens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page