Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By drober30
  • 1 Post By drober30

post #1 of 8 Old 06-20-2019, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Updated: Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro (Reviewed)

I’m really leaning towards getting the Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro 100” Pure White with LED IP Lighting.

I never thought I would be spending almost as much on my screen as I did for my 6050UB, especially without it being AT or ALR.

If you have any experience with the SI Zero Edge Pro and/or the Pure White screen material , I would really like to hear your opinions!

Last edited by drober30; 10-31-2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: updated to include review
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-24-2019, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drober30 View Post
I’m really leaning towards getting the Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro 100” Pure White with LED IP Lighting.

I never thought I would be spending almost as much on my screen as I did for my 6050UB, especially without it being AT or ALR.

If you have any experience with the SI Zero Edge Pro and/or the Pure White screen material , I would really like to hear your opinions!
How did it go? like to hear your experience
post #3 of 8 Old 10-25-2019, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

I did get the SI Zero Edge screen, I'll try and post my review/opinion this weekend, I'm trying desperately to finish up this project!
andyng likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-30-2019, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Back Story:

I decided to upgrade my projector from an Epson 5010 to an Epson 6050 and wanted to purchase a good quality screen to go with it. I originally had a 92" CARADA which was highly recommended on AVS as a great screen for the money and it served me well over the years.

I was very interested in a thin edge bezel and for my particular setup, LED lights. My Home Theater is in my finished basement and part of a shared entertainment space with a wet bar. The basement is light controlled so I was not looking for ALR screens. After researching several screens, I found Screen Innovations. SI had the thin bezel, LED light kit that interfaced with my Phillips Hue Hub, the frame was built from aluminum and SI seemed to be a higher end screen company that peaked my interest.

I watched videos online of installs and I watched the SI video that showed the assembly process, I was impressed with what I was reading and seeing on the Internet and decided I would purchase the Zero Edge screen with IP lighting.

Review

I ordered my screen online through Projectorscreen.com and I found their ordering process and communication to be outstanding. My screen was delivered via Fedex Ground, the screen was very well packaged to protect against damage. The packaging was inline with a reputable high end company.

I found the install instructions to be pretty clear, the online video produced by SI was very helpful and made the assembly easy. It's definitely best to have two people when assembling the screen.

The screen frame is super high quality and the integrated channel for the LED lights is a great feature and the LED lights fit in there perfect. The assembly was pretty easy.

Mounting the screen to the wall was really easy with the supplied brackets. Setting the screen on the brackets allowed you to slide the screen from side to side so you can center it easily.

The picture from the Epson 6050 is pretty amazing, just like all the reviews state, especially considering it's not a native 4k projector. The Pure White 1.3 gain screen material is very smooth and produces a great picture, I don't see any hot spotting or sparkles that distract from my viewing experience.

Disappointment

The only disappointment I had was when I rolled out and positioned the screen material, I saw that the snaps on the screen material were not installed properly. The black snap covers were not properly installed and the cork backing was visible. I found this to be pretty shocking for such a high end screen company that charges a allot for their screens.

The directions say to snap the corner snaps last. When I snapped one of the corner snaps, the sharp edge of the frame punctured the screen material.

Offer

I called SI and they instructed me to contact the company I purchased through. I sent an email along with pictures to projectorscreens and they forwarded my information to SI. SI response was to offer me a 5 year warranty on the screen instead of the 1 year that's standard. SI said they did not expect the screen to rip or tear any farther than the puncture that was sustained by snapping the corner snap. They never really addressed the snap covers being misaligned and the cork backing showing.

Resolution

I will most likely reply to the email tomorrow and accept the extended 5 year warranty but I'm disappointed in the quality control and cant believe that they would let the screen leave the factory with the snaps like that. I really think they could have sent new screen material and extended my warranty as a courtesy. The screen material is not Black Diamond, I just find it hard to believe that the Pure White screen material costs SI much money.

Final Thoughts

Overall, I'm really happy I decided to buy the SI screen, the material for the frame is high quality, the LED lighting fits perfectly in the built in channel, I love that the LED lights are HUE and work with all my other Hue lights, the thin bezel looks fantastic and the smooth 1.3 gain Pure White screen produces a fantastic picture!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SI snaps.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	510.7 KB
ID:	2634358   Click image for larger version

Name:	SI Snaps 2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	2634360   Click image for larger version

Name:	SI Snaps 1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	2634362  

Last edited by drober30; 10-31-2019 at 05:02 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can you take pics of the screen in action?
Sorry to hear about the issue with the materials. I would be pissed if paying lot of money and dont feel completely happy with it?
post #6 of 8 Old 11-03-2019, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyng View Post
Can you take pics of the screen in action?
Sorry to hear about the issue with the materials. I would be pissed if paying lot of money and dont feel completely happy with it?
I just can't imagine that a different screen of any type or cost could give me a better picture. The picture on this screen from my Epson 6050 is just amazing!

The only question I could ask is if a cheaper screen could produce the same results but I wanted thin bezel and Hue LED lighting.

Aside from the small quality control issue on the snaps, I highly recommend Screen Innovations Pure White 1.3 gain. Even with some surrounding lights on, the picture is fantastic!

These pictures were snapped with my iPhone Xs while the movie was playing not paused.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0793.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	642.4 KB
ID:	2636158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0788.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	677.8 KB
ID:	2636160   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0787.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	863.6 KB
ID:	2636162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0786.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	764.8 KB
ID:	2636164   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0785.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	627.4 KB
ID:	2636166  

andyng likes this.

Last edited by drober30; 11-03-2019 at 06:32 PM.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-03-2019, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Does the cork backing supposed to be exactly under the snap buttons?

I commend you on the way you are reacting to the situation. I would have been obsessing over defects but your way is way healthier. I’m sure your screen will be fine if SI has no issues with offering you a 5 year warranty. Enjoy it, picture looks great!
post #8 of 8 Old 11-04-2019, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsBuddy View Post
Does the cork backing supposed to be exactly under the snap buttons?

I commend you on the way you are reacting to the situation. I would have been obsessing over defects but your way is way healthier. I’m sure your screen will be fine if SI has no issues with offering you a 5 year warranty. Enjoy it, picture looks great!
Ha..lol, I appreciate it, it definitely has something to do with age because I lose less sleep over things as I get older; however, I still am OCD, have high expectations and will continue to always read the directions/manual before assembling something...lol

The important thing to note is the snaps are behind the screen, if there was any blemish or defect no matter how small or superficial to someone else that was on the front within the viewing area, I would be seeking a replacement!

The black snap covers should be hiding the cork. I'm sure the snaps themselves were installed into the material fine, the black covers are mostly cosmetic but do give you a smooth rounded surface to push down on so one could say they do serve a purpose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page