Has anyone tested HD Progressive 1.1 Contrast screen material? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ProjectionHead

post #1 of 3 Old 08-26-2019, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Has anyone tested HD Progressive 1.1 Contrast screen material?

Now that I have my next screen size determined, I need to decide on the screen material.

The latest addition to the Da-Lite HD Progressive line, is that "1.1 Contrast" which is supposed to have a 20% light rejection rating.

https://www.legrandav.com/products/d...ve_11_contrast

It is the only HD Progressive material that I can not find any reviews or discussions of.... a real unicorn..

- Has anyone tested, sniffed or seen it in real life?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-28-2019, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Yes, I have a 106" HD Pro 1.1 Contrast in our Demo room. It's probably the most popular of the HD Pro surfaces for home theater use as it still has a pretty wide viewing angle, positive gain and helps slightly with black levels.

The 20% ALR statement I believe comes from the diminished viewing angle, so its rejecting light from off to the side but it has no optical ALR properties like the Da-lite Parallax.
Webmonkey likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-28-2019, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectionHead View Post
Yes, I have a 106" HD Pro 1.1 Contrast in our Demo room. It's probably the most popular of the HD Pro surfaces for home theater use as it still has a pretty wide viewing angle, positive gain and helps slightly with black levels.

The 20% ALR statement I believe comes from the diminished viewing angle, so its rejecting light from off to the side but it has no optical ALR properties like the Da-lite Parallax.

I have an almost blacked out living room, just a bit of light leaking under the heavy blackup curtains and under doors. Even at a full sunny summer day the room is so dark, I can not see the remotes on the coffee tables.

But I do also have some cabinets and white woodframes in an otherwise dark and medium grey painted room that might reflect light, so those 20% ALR could the pinch of salt that does the trick and make the upgrade from Cinema Vision 1.3 material even better than just going with a HD Progressive 0.9 or 1.1

btw - I see that the Stewart Neve has a similar 10% ALR rating.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page