Help me find out an affordable tab-tension grey screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-28-2019, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Help me find out an affordable tab-tension grey screen

Hello,

My budget is up to $700 for 120” size. So far I could find Elite Screens and Silver Ticket products which have 1.1 gain white screens. There is also a Vivid Storm ALR one but their products do not have glowing reviews. Also it has been told that ALR screens have hot spotting due to off screen center projection.

I wil get this if I cannot find a grey screen:
https://www.silverticketproducts.com...s/products/mpt

Did any one of you use this product before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-28-2019, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yenal View Post
Hello,

My budget is up to $700 for 120” size. So far I could find Elite Screens and Silver Ticket products which have 1.1 gain white screens. There is also a Vivid Storm ALR one but their products do not have glowing reviews. Also it has been told that ALR screens have hot spotting due to off screen center projection.

I wil get this if I cannot find a grey screen:
https://www.silverticketproducts.com...s/products/mpt

Did any one of you use this product before?

I recently purchased a screen from Silver Ticket (via Amazon), and I had a horrible experience with them. They sent me a black motorized projector screen they claimed was new, but I seriously doubt it was. It had deep scratches on the top and side of the metal casing. When I picked it up for the first time, about 18 inches of the bottom of the the screen fell out and was just hanging down as if it wasn’t completely rolled up before being shipped to me. This, in turn, put SERIOUS creases in the screen material. After 10 days of going back and forth with them as to who was responsible for the item being delivered in that condition (them vs FedEx), they finally decided to refund me. But they then refused to take the screen back, thus leaving me stuck with it. Under normal circumstances most things wouldn’t be a problem to throw out, but it's not easy nor cheap/free to get rid of something that’s over 8 feet long and 50 plus pounds. So just be careful doing business with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS Pic 8.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	419.9 KB
ID:	2633274  
post #3 of 3 Old 10-28-2019, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigc05 View Post
I recently purchased a screen from Silver Ticket (via Amazon), and I had a horrible experience with them. They sent me a black motorized projector screen they claimed was new, but I seriously doubt it was. It had deep scratches on the top and side of the metal casing. When I picked it up for the first time, about 18 inches of the bottom of the the screen fell out and was just hanging down as if it wasn’t completely rolled up before being shipped to me. This, in turn, put SERIOUS creases in the screen material. After 10 days of going back and forth with them as to who was responsible for the item being delivered in that condition (them vs FedEx), they finally decided to refund me. But they then refused to take the screen back, thus leaving me stuck with it. Under normal circumstances most things wouldn’t be a problem to throw out, but it's not easy nor cheap/free to get rid of something that’s over 8 feet long and 50 plus pounds. So just be careful doing business with them.
Thanks for your feedback. I guess the choice might be Elite Screens then. Hopefully they do have better customer support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page