Replace screen material or buy new screen jvc rs1000/nx5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-30-2019, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Replace screen material or buy new screen jvc rs1000/nx5

Hi. I recently purchased the new jvc RS 1000 and I am considering upgrading my screen . It is a dalite cinema contour from approximately 2006 . So I am wondering if I should upgrade the material or just buy a new screen. My initial thought was to buy either hd progressive material in either the .9 or 1.1 gain. The other alternative is to purchase a new screen completely possibly a different brand. It seems to be much more cost effective to replace the material but Are dalite screens a good screen I have seen posts that there are sparkles on bright scenes . I don’t want to be penny wise and pound foolish . Also in a light controlled room with a 106” diagonal should I get a .9 or 1.1 gain screen . Sorry for the rambling post and thank u for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-30-2019, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Liked: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex014 View Post
Hi. I recently purchased the new jvc RS 1000 and I am considering upgrading my screen . It is a dalite cinema contour from approximately 2006 . So I am wondering if I should upgrade the material or just buy a new screen. My initial thought was to buy either hd progressive material in either the .9 or 1.1 gain. The other alternative is to purchase a new screen completely possibly a different brand. It seems to be much more cost effective to replace the material but Are dalite screens a good screen I have seen posts that there are sparkles on bright scenes . I don’t want to be penny wise and pound foolish . Also in a light controlled room with a 106” diagonal should I get a .9 or 1.1 gain screen . Sorry for the rambling post and thank u for any help
I would watch some familiar material with the new projector and old screen. See how you like it. Are your room conditions dark colors and minimal ambient light?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 10-30-2019, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm in the exactly same dilemma. Got a new NX5 and trying to see if I can replace the old 106" Silver Ticket or just buy a new, bigger, better, more expensive Stewart or Screen Innovations.
One one hand, replacing the materials is the cheapest solution since the frame is pretty solid. I just don't want to find glue and hack the materials together. The other choice is to put down 1-2K for a new screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-31-2019, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the info. Yes the room is dark colors , black ceiling and light controlled . The only time we have light on is when we are eating and generally I use two wall sconces that r dimmable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page