What is the acoustic impact of having an AT screen? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-20-2019, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is the acoustic impact of having an AT screen?

I know AT screens allow optimal speaker positioning, which is worth the potential downsides of an AT screen. I've heard that having an AT screen can affect the acoustics slightly. Someone must have tested this.

Can someone share with me some objective measurements of how AT screens affect acoustics of hifi speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-20-2019, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1117 Post(s)
Liked: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoochers View Post
I know AT screens allow optimal speaker positioning, which is worth the potential downsides of an AT screen. I've heard that having an AT screen can affect the acoustics slightly. Someone must have tested this.

Can someone share with me some objective measurements of how AT screens affect acoustics of hifi speakers?
not all acoustically transparent screens are created equal. Each manufacturer should be able to give you specifications on the decibel difference in in what range of sound they're material impacts. generally speaking it is pretty low in quality screens and can certainly be calibrated out by most room correction systems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 11-20-2019, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
not all acoustically transparent screens are created equal. Each manufacturer should be able to give you specifications on the decibel difference in in what range of sound they're material impacts. generally speaking it is pretty low in quality screens and can certainly be calibrated out by most room correction systems.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks for this. i've seen some general decibel statements, but I'd be curious to see AT screens ON and OFF and actual frequency response charts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page