Need some screen recommendations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-24-2019, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Need some screen recommendations

I have a jvc x790r and it has made me unable to stop loving movies with its amazing image. I do want to upgrade my screen from 120 inch to about 135 maybe 150 in 16x9. I’m happy with how the image looks right now on a grey 1.0 gain screen without alr. It’s very well light controlled room. If I go to 135 I think I would like 1.3 gain to keep the same brightness and for 150 inch I would need about 1.5 gain which might not be reasonable without artifacts or spending to much $$$. I’m hoping to spend maybe $1000 but somewhat flexible if it means better image. My current 120 is cinegrey aoen from elitescreen and it’s done well especially with my last 1080p projector. Would like to remain borderless if possible maybe a tiny border would be alright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-24-2019, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1117 Post(s)
Liked: 575
First "LIGHT CONTROLLED" means no white reflective surfaces like a white ceiling. If this is not the case then it gets very complicated. Any screen above a 1.3 overall gain has the possibility of introducing hot spots and sparkles. If you love movies and you have a capable projector why not a 2:39 scope screen?

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page