Are there UST Screens with 1.0+ Gain - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-22-2019, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Are there UST Screens with 1.0+ Gain

I'v been looking for UST screens with 1.2-1.5 gain.

I have not seen anything with positive gain that is advertised and designed for UST. I know hot spotting can be an issue with positive gain and UST but has anybody heard of such screen for a UST?

I read this review and he seems to be using the "Stewart Filmscreen Luminesse with Studiotek 130" screen with is 1.3 gain.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...jector-review/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-22-2019, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I think the highest gain screen designed for UST that I've seen advertised so far is .8, but I'd be suspect if that claim is real, as most others that I've seen are .6 or .5 and I think there are only a handful of actual manufacturers producing UST screens.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-23-2019, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryyy View Post
I'v been looking for UST screens with 1.2-1.5 gain.

I have not seen anything with positive gain that is advertised and designed for UST. I know hot spotting can be an issue with positive gain and UST but has anybody heard of such screen for a UST?

I read this review and he seems to be using the "Stewart Filmscreen Luminesse with Studiotek 130" screen with is 1.3 gain.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...jector-review/
XY Screen have a PET Crystal High Gain(0.96) very good screen for the UST projectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-23-2019, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremer Lee View Post
XY Screen have a PET Crystal High Gain(0.96) very good screen for the UST projectors.
Do you have a link? I just looked at their site and all of their UST screens that I saw are listed as .8, with the exception of a rigid Fresnel screen designed for UST projectors that is 1.2. And it tops out at 100"
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2020, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found this on Aliexpress claiming 1.4 gain and states that it's "slightly" better than pet crystal: New 3rd Generation ALR Screen

"F7USP 2.35:1 Cinemascope format High gain 1.4 Ultra Short -Throw Ambient light rejecting zero edge fixed frame front projection screen is the newest nano ALR fixed frame screen that uses the PVC crystal 1.4 which is tailor-made for ultra short throw projectors. It adopts trapezoidal optical structure and directional coating tecnology, which makes it overall performance slightly better than the PET crystal anti-light curtain."

Anyone care to be a guinea pig and try it out and report back to us? LOL! But it's 2.35, which means black bars on the side for a lot of content, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page