Feedback from those with SI Motorized/Solo screens - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-02-2020, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Feedback from those with SI Motorized/Solo screens

I am going to be replacing my 100" Elite Cinetension screen with a 120" motorized screen. It has been dead flat since I got it and the only reason I am switching is to get a larger screen. My local SI dealer doesn't have any of the SI motorized screens on display and has never sold one. I have seen some videos of the SI motorized tensioned screens including the Solo and the 5 motorized where there were wrinkles/waves in the screen. This was also mentioned in the Sound and Vision review of the Solo 2. I PMd several members here with Solo screens but only heard back from one and he said he did have some curling on the edges of the screen and one wave.The 3/5 motorized screen instructions talk about how to adjust the tension to remove waves but there are no such instructions in the Solo; the only option that shows is to slide the screen material out with your hands.

I would hate to spend 3 times the price of my current screen only to have wrinkles. For those of you with SI retractable screens, especially the Solo 2, how flat are your screens? Have you had any other issues?

Thanks for any feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2020, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a Solo 1 in 92" slate material and it does not have any wrinkles or waves. When it first unrolled it did have wrinkles towards the bottom of the screen, to the left and right of center, but I manually stretched out the material and within 20 minutes they were gone. I have been using the screen a couple of months and none of the wrinkles have returned. I am very happy with how easy it was to set up and use.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2020, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I was at the HQ in Austin and had a nice chat with the team there. They that it’s not actually TSB tensioned so it’s always going to curve on the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page