Da-Lite Tensioned Contour tabs ripping out - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-06-2020, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Da-Lite Tensioned Contour tabs ripping out

My tensioned screen is ripping apart at the tabs. Da-Lite's response:

In one of the pictures you provided, they do not have the screen extended with the full 12" of black drop at the top. It looks closer to 2"-3". If they are not using the full 12", it will cause the tabs to become stressed and pull away. Since they have provided a picture, this tells me they are not using the drop as intended, therefore, a replacement is not covered under warranty. I'm sorry, but at this time, we will only supply new tabs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't having the 12" of black drop made to allow for height adjustments?

At least all the voices in my head are singing...
...unfortunately just not in tune...
Sony 65A8F | Marantz AV8802A Pre/Pro (7.2.4) | (3) Beloved Adcom Amps | OPPO 203 | ROKU Ultra | ATV 4K | X-Box One X | Steiger-Dynamics LEET HTPC | Metra DPL certified passive cables; Metra 18 Gbps TARGA 1 Module Ultra HD active Cable | Epson UB5040 | Artcoustic Speakers] | (2) Pio Kuro |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-06-2020, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Check screen manual if it spells out that requirement. If it doesn’t, they can’t claim you didn’t use screen properly. IMHO
post #3 of 4 Old 01-08-2020, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsBuddy View Post
Check screen manual if it spells out that requirement. If it doesn’t, they can’t claim you didn’t use screen properly. IMHO
Kind sir, with all due respect, I exhausted researching this to no avail before posting here.

I'm looking for someone with similar experience with this specific screen type or a CI that has seen numerous screen installs to answer the question.

At least all the voices in my head are singing...
...unfortunately just not in tune...
Sony 65A8F | Marantz AV8802A Pre/Pro (7.2.4) | (3) Beloved Adcom Amps | OPPO 203 | ROKU Ultra | ATV 4K | X-Box One X | Steiger-Dynamics LEET HTPC | Metra DPL certified passive cables; Metra 18 Gbps TARGA 1 Module Ultra HD active Cable | Epson UB5040 | Artcoustic Speakers] | (2) Pio Kuro |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-20-2020, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD57 View Post
My tensioned screen is ripping apart at the tabs. Da-Lite's response:

In one of the pictures you provided, they do not have the screen extended with the full 12" of black drop at the top. It looks closer to 2"-3". If they are not using the full 12", it will cause the tabs to become stressed and pull away. Since they have provided a picture, this tells me they are not using the drop as intended, therefore, a replacement is not covered under warranty. I'm sorry, but at this time, we will only supply new tabs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't having the 12" of black drop made to allow for height adjustments?
Unfortunately in my experience they (Da Lite) do not think that the 12" black drop is for height adjustment. I have had them reject multiple warranty claims for that reason. Very sorry to hear about it. Da Lite had a big problem with the adhesive on the tabs. Their new screens use RF welding, no adhesive on the tabs whatsoever. With any luck you can get a dealer to help you buy a new roller with the new technology tabs. Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page