Pyle Screens - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2020, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Pyle Screens

Does anyone have any experience with Pyle screens? I ran a search and didn’t see any other threads on them. I’m in the market for a budget screen (kids/damage potential) of 110” and was looking at getting a Silver Ticker of Elite B2 series 110” which are about in the $229-$250 range. I can pickup the Pyle off Amazon for $155 and it appears they may just be unloading some inventory and is a comparable screen but I’m not sure what material it is. It’s matte white claims a 1.2 gain (probably 1.0 actual) and I’ll be using a 6050UB so brightness isn’t a huge concern.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Theater-...8409427&sr=8-1

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2020, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by djevans3 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Pyle screens? I ran a search and didn’t see any other threads on them. I’m in the market for a budget screen (kids/damage potential) of 110” and was looking at getting a Silver Ticker of Elite B2 series 110” which are about in the $229-$250 range. I can pickup the Pyle off Amazon for $155 and it appears they may just be unloading some inventory and is a comparable screen but I’m not sure what material it is. It’s matte white claims a 1.2 gain (probably 1.0 actual) and I’ll be using a 6050UB so brightness isn’t a huge concern.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Theater-...8409427&sr=8-1

Thoughts?
Silver Ticket is probably the most recommended brand for budget screens, and are not very far off from the Pyle price wise.
Why would you try a brand that no one has head of (at least I haven't) for difference? If you were really on a budget it would be understandable, but you have a 6050UB.

If you want to go budget mode why not build your own frame and buy the fabric much cheaper? You could even buy white black out cloth, Carl's Screens sells it, or other stores. That way if something happens to the fabric you don't have to buy the entire screen, just the fabric.
Or spandex.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2020, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
Silver Ticket is probably the most recommended brand for budget screens, and are not very far off from the Pyle price wise.
Why would you try a brand that no one has head of (at least I haven't) for difference? If you were really on a budget it would be understandable, but you have a 6050UB.

If you want to go budget mode why not build your own frame and buy the fabric much cheaper? You could even buy white black out cloth, Carl's Screens sells it, or other stores. That way if something happens to the fabric you don't have to buy the entire screen, just the fabric.
Or spandex.
I've heard of Pyle, but know them mostly for their car and marine audio equipment. More interested to know if they make a decent screen or any experience. I have no problems paying for a $250 screen, but if I can save $100 an get good results I will since I'm not after making a perfect 4k image. I also bought my projector used for so I'm just thrifty in general. Not interested in a DIY screen, I am going that route with my speakers though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-07-2020, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by djevans3 View Post
I've heard of Pyle, but know them mostly for their car and marine audio equipment. More interested to know if they make a decent screen or any experience. I have no problems paying for a $250 screen, but if I can save $100 an get good results I will since I'm not after making a perfect 4k image. I also bought my projector used for so I'm just thrifty in general. Not interested in a DIY screen, I am going that route with my speakers though.
Maybe get a sample, if possible.

How about a screen from Akia, which is the same brand as Elite?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HF3J7DQ

A user who has it:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post58768852
post #5 of 5 Old 01-08-2020, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2750 Post(s)
Liked: 921
My only experience with Pyle has been a little hands-on with some car audio and reviews of their pro audio/PA and instrument amps back when I was looking at that kind of stuff...so mostly electronic. It was pretty much universally bad and very "optimistically" spec'ed to catch unsuspecting buyers and folks on extreme budgets.

BUT, I've seen some of these lousier brands release simpler products (in my case, passive speakers/boxes...in your case a screen) that worked fine. Maybe some small work-arounds needed here or there or some mildly frustrating inconveniences, but generally stuff that's acceptable for the price/savings.

IF you can first make sure that Amazon has your back if you simply don't like it, with a free/cheap return-shipping full money-back return..then it sounds like there's no risk. Do it. If you like it, cool. If you don't like it, return it and get your money back.
If Amazon doesn't have your back on this one, don't count on Pyle to help. Go for a different brand instead.

A good return-policy (with return shipping cheap/free) will let you test both the material AND the frame construction/build-quality. That way you can make sure the material is smooth enough and not glossy while also making sure the frame holds straigh and doesnt rip or pucker the screen material.

Easy $25 DIY black (or any color) ALR paint +$40-$50sprayer screen mix smooth/clean and very easy to learn spraying with little/no mess.
Simple $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Quick <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room "A store that sells blinds can help your picture more than a store that sells projectors many times." -bud16415
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page