Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-13-2020, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Stewart firehawk and UST

Hello,

My projector will need replacement soon… It is around 15yo, as is the screen, a Stewart firehawk, which has a bit of ambient light rejection, but if I do remember, reflects well light coming at close to 90º.
If I consider a UST projector, will I be able to use this screen, or will I have to buy a new one with the projector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-13-2020, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_pt View Post
Hello,

My projector will need replacement soon… It is around 15yo, as is the screen, a Stewart firehawk, which has a bit of ambient light rejection, but if I do remember, reflects well light coming at close to 90º.
If I consider a UST projector, will I be able to use this screen, or will I have to buy a new one with the projector?
I'd recommend getting a UST screen if getting a UST projector. UST projectors are so close and projecting at such an extreme angle, I'd imagine a regular screen would struggle to produce an even image. I have the LG CineBeam paired with an Elite Screens UST screen and the projector is only 7" in front of it and 10" below. It's like looking at a really big(120") flat panel. To my eye there is no hotspot and the image is uniform from corner to corner. It's not as good as my LG OLED in the bedroom, but it absolutely obliterates the 92" rptv it replaced.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-13-2020, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Hello,

Any ALR screen not specifically stated UST is NOT designed for UST projection screens. The angle to the light path is identical to the angle at which the screens are designed to reject...

IN Firehawk's case, they want a 1.6 x image width placement. Great screen, just not for this application.

https://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/en...ls/firehawk-g5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-14-2020, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks guys! I guess I’ll forget ust projectors and just look at long throws like my old one.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-14-2020, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 7452 Post(s)
Liked: 9021
Quote:
Hello,

Stewart always has this information on their website - https://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/en/materials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page