Best way to hang projector screen from wall?? (can't do ceiling) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-04-2020, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Best way to hang projector screen from wall?? (can't do ceiling)

Hey all. I have an EliteScreens 106" manual screen. I jut moved and can't put holes in the ceiling in the new place, but could hang it on the wall if there's a good way to do that. Would it be best to get one of those L-shaped mounts so it hangs down from that? Or just an eye-hook or something like that?

Also I have no clue about like, what screws or anchors I need or anything like that. Just don't want this thing falling and ripping a huge hole in the wall lol. I assume I need to know whether it's just drywall or wood behind it, or possibly metal? Any easy way to check that kind of thing?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-04-2020, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1457 Post(s)
Liked: 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNBWBTTLKD View Post
Hey all. I have an EliteScreens 106" manual screen. I jut moved and can't put holes in the ceiling in the new place, but could hang it on the wall if there's a good way to do that. Would it be best to get one of those L-shaped mounts so it hangs down from that? Or just an eye-hook or something like that?

Also I have no clue about like, what screws or anchors I need or anything like that. Just don't want this thing falling and ripping a huge hole in the wall lol. I assume I need to know whether it's just drywall or wood behind it, or possibly metal? Any easy way to check that kind of thing?

Thanks for any help!
How many lbs does your projector weigh? The best way to anchor anything substantial to a wall is by screwing directly into a stud.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 02-04-2020, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
This is for the screen. Amazon says it weighs 19.3 pounds. Seems like it would be tough to find studs at the right distance from each other for both sides of the screen, yeah?

Also, fwiw, this would be an overhang over a large entryway, so I guess not technically a "wall" but I assume the same principles apply?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-04-2020, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 2253 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
I would get a 2x6 a little longer than the screen case is wide and paint it to match the wall color. Then find and mark the stud locations and screw the 2x6 to the wall in 3-4 places two screws each location. The Drywall type screws don’t make much of a hole and can be easily removed and patched when the time comes.

Then get a wall mount kit for the screen or rig something using angle brackets off the 2x6.

Bud
post #5 of 6 Old 02-05-2020, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 435
The screen manufacture should sell the proper hardware to hang the screen. the brackets that Dalite sells for their screens lets you slide the screen back and forth to center it.

Doug
Planar PD8150 with DC4 DMD paired with a Dalite HP 2.8 120"
http://www.airscapesart.com

post #6 of 6 Old 02-07-2020, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Ikea has some L-shaped ceiling bracket for curtains rods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page