AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Screens (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/)
-   -   Help! Screen Suggestion (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/3122642-help-screen-suggestion.html)

ajayghale 02-11-2020 01:59 PM

Help! Screen Suggestion
 
1 Attachment(s)
I moving to new house and it has a bonus room with sloped ceilings on both ends the slope starts at 5ft height and ends at 10ft in the gap 5ft horizontally, can you suggest the best way possible setup to get a biggers screen size ? I am thinking of mounting a 120inch motorized tab tensioned screen by 2ft on the sloped ceiling, appreciate your suggestions. thank you

Attaching the picture of room, the dimensions are 14x20 and there is similar slope on both ends of the room.

augiedoggy 02-15-2020 07:02 PM

what is the throw distance needed for your projector at that size screen?

rekbones 02-16-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augiedoggy (Post 59251636)
what is the throw distance needed for your projector at that size screen?

Depends on the projector as they are all a little different. Do you want to make this a truly dedicated space or more of an all purpose room? If dedicated a fixed acoustically transparent screen on a false wall with the speakers behind in the sloped part would be the direction I would go as this is cheaper and has the best potential for the best results. If more of an all purpose room then the drop ALR is fine but cost more and PQ will be compromised to some extent.

ajayghale 02-17-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augiedoggy (Post 59251636)
what is the throw distance needed for your projector at that size screen?

I havent decided on the projector yet but looking at benqht3550, optoma uhd 60 and epson home cinema 3800. So based on what i pick it could range from 11 to 17ft.

ajayghale 02-17-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekbones (Post 59256640)
Depends on the projector as they are all a little different. Do you want to make this a truly dedicated space or more of an all purpose room? If dedicated a fixed acoustically transparent screen on a false wall with the speakers behind in the sloped part would be the direction I would go as this is cheaper and has the best potential for the best results. If more of an all purpose room then the drop ALR is fine but cost more and PQ will be compromised to some extent.

Exactly this is what i was thinking after my firend suggested building a frame 2 ft away from the sloped ceiling so that i can accommodate 135 inch fixed aeon series elite screen and still leave 1.5ft at the bottom for console. Leaving 1.5 feet on the sides for setting up floor speakers.i looked at the AT screens but they are very costly. Have you come across any sloped ceiling work that we are talking about so that i can take that as a reference to build the wooden frame. (all i can find online is sloped ceiling closet frames)

rekbones 02-17-2020 11:43 AM

First the only thing in front should be the screen and speakers. AV components should be near the projector in the back of the room. Spandex is a popular DIY solution for an AT screen as it is inexpensive and works great for speakers behind it.

ajayghale 02-17-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekbones (Post 59258854)
First the only thing in front should be the screen and speakers. AV components should be near the projector in the back of the room. Spandex is a popular DIY solution for an AT screen as it is inexpensive and works great for speakers behind it.

I can get the speakers beside or front of the screen, do i still need to get an AT ? i am thinking of getting aeon series 135 inch cine grey 3d or cine white.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.