Help! Screen Suggestion - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-11-2020, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Help! Screen Suggestion

I moving to new house and it has a bonus room with sloped ceilings on both ends the slope starts at 5ft height and ends at 10ft in the gap 5ft horizontally, can you suggest the best way possible setup to get a biggers screen size ? I am thinking of mounting a 120inch motorized tab tensioned screen by 2ft on the sloped ceiling, appreciate your suggestions. thank you

Attaching the picture of room, the dimensions are 14x20 and there is similar slope on both ends of the room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8584.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	735.6 KB
ID:	2683822  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-15-2020, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 32
what is the throw distance needed for your projector at that size screen?
post #3 of 7 Old 02-16-2020, 11:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Depends on the projector as they are all a little different. Do you want to make this a truly dedicated space or more of an all purpose room? If dedicated a fixed acoustically transparent screen on a false wall with the speakers behind in the sloped part would be the direction I would go as this is cheaper and has the best potential for the best results. If more of an all purpose room then the drop ALR is fine but cost more and PQ will be compromised to some extent.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-17-2020, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I havent decided on the projector yet but looking at benqht3550, optoma uhd 60 and epson home cinema 3800. So based on what i pick it could range from 11 to 17ft.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-17-2020, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
Depends on the projector as they are all a little different. Do you want to make this a truly dedicated space or more of an all purpose room? If dedicated a fixed acoustically transparent screen on a false wall with the speakers behind in the sloped part would be the direction I would go as this is cheaper and has the best potential for the best results. If more of an all purpose room then the drop ALR is fine but cost more and PQ will be compromised to some extent.
Exactly this is what i was thinking after my firend suggested building a frame 2 ft away from the sloped ceiling so that i can accommodate 135 inch fixed aeon series elite screen and still leave 1.5ft at the bottom for console. Leaving 1.5 feet on the sides for setting up floor speakers.i looked at the AT screens but they are very costly. Have you come across any sloped ceiling work that we are talking about so that i can take that as a reference to build the wooden frame. (all i can find online is sloped ceiling closet frames)
post #6 of 7 Old 02-17-2020, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Liked: 630
First the only thing in front should be the screen and speakers. AV components should be near the projector in the back of the room. Spandex is a popular DIY solution for an AT screen as it is inexpensive and works great for speakers behind it.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #7 of 7 Old 02-17-2020, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones View Post
First the only thing in front should be the screen and speakers. AV components should be near the projector in the back of the room. Spandex is a popular DIY solution for an AT screen as it is inexpensive and works great for speakers behind it.
I can get the speakers beside or front of the screen, do i still need to get an AT ? i am thinking of getting aeon series 135 inch cine grey 3d or cine white.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page