Slate 1.2 vs Slate 0.8 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 06-07-2020, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just to prove the point, this is what the screen image looks like with all the blinds open in the living room and adjacent room - unwatchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 06-07-2020, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Also, I took shots of a Wes Anderson film, just because I happened to be watching it, but he uses weird color palettes so the colors might look off - but in some cases, it’s due to his personal style. It looks totally fine IRL to me. I’m not an extreme videophile but I’ve spent about 10 years total building (software engineer) well-known gaming and video devices and apps a lot of folks in this forum probably use - so the value of my opinion probably lies somewhere in between “I buy $300 3’ HDMI cables for picture quality because the salesman told me it would help” and “I have a dedicated home theater and dropped six figures on it, after spending 3 years extensively researching it. I flew in a calibrator from Japan to ensure optimal picture quality.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #33 of 33 Old 06-07-2020, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 27
@skibbs ,

Thanks so much for the detail. Just yesterday I bit the bullet, and I'm going with a 115" black diamond screen and an Epson 5050UB projector. I'm pretty excited. Your room is interesting to see. Beautiful place BTW. My living room is not nearly as "bad" (or at least bad for a projector). There is very little light that comes in directly behind where the projector will be - it's almost purely fireplace. There's one small window that basically faces the wall of my property - so very little light. Then where the screen is, it's a dark gray wall. The wall to the left is just a wall, and to the right, I have lots of windows, but they have plantation shutters, and also it's not facing sunset / sunrise. So yeah... We'll see, but overall, I'm pumped! Went w/ the Zero Edge Pro.
skibbs and Gamecock24 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page