silver ticket website question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-06-2020, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 1
silver ticket website question

So, I was just curious about the format of the pricing on the website. Are the screens currently on sale or promotion or this is just the format they use to get you to purchase their product? The this is what you pay this is what you save method of advertising? I have been on other vendors websites that use the same technique, it's hard for me to tell because I have no other website to shop to compare their product to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-06-2020, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riidgerunner19446 View Post
So, I was just curious about the format of the pricing on the website. Are the screens currently on sale or promotion or this is just the format they use to get you to purchase their product? The this is what you pay this is what you save method of advertising? I have been on other vendors websites that use the same technique, it's hard for me to tell because I have no other website to shop to compare their product to.

Yeah, I’d ignore those blue “save x amount” icons. I just checked and those are the prices they’ve been charging for at least 5 years. They’re a great company with great value and good quality. I actually have had their 120” screen for about 3yrs now. That said, I’ve gotta admit that’s a pretty cheesy marketing tactic.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-06-2020, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
Yeah, I’d ignore those blue “save x amount” icons. I just checked and those are the prices they’ve been charging for at least 5 years. They’re a great company with great value and good quality. I actually have had their 120” screen for about 3yrs now. That said, I’ve gotta admit that’s a pretty cheesy marketing tactic.
LOL That's what I figured. I'm going to wind up in the 110-120 range myself not sure if it will be white or high contrast but there seems to be tons of info on here I'll just keep reading 100's of pages of conversation on comparisons. Thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-06-2020, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I wish they offered a few larger sizes in acoustically transparent screens.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-07-2020, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 4007 Post(s)
Liked: 3176
Consumers are addicted to sale pricing. Retailers just feed consumers what they crave
post #6 of 8 Old 03-11-2020, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Quoted: 5825 Post(s)
Liked: 2336
Quote:
In some states/provinces it’s illegal to advertise something as “sale price” unless the item is sold at the “regular price” at least some of the time. Note, however, in this case they use the term “save $xxx” to mean relative to “comparable products” from brand name manufacturers.

Some of the Silver Ticket screens are also sold on Amazon.com, in which case you can use a price tracker to check the price history, for example
https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B01N3PXZ3K

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 03-11-2020 at 06:21 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-12-2020, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Quote:
In some states/provinces it’️s illegal to advertise something as “sale price” unless the item is sold at the “regular price” at least some of the time. Note, however, in this case they use the term “save $xxx” to mean relative to “comparable products” from brand name manufacturers.

Some of the Silver Ticket screens are also sold on Amazon.com, in which case you can use a price tracker to check the price history, for example
https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B01N3PXZ3K
Thanks, I’ve never heard of that site before. Pretty interesting.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-12-2020, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
Consumers are addicted to sale pricing. Retailers just feed consumers what they crave [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Haha. Yea they do, what ever gets people to spend their money. The fear of missing out. FOMO as my wife’s friend says. We had no idea what it meant and had to google it. I must be getting old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page