Telon UST alr screen Review!!!! from Alibaba - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Run&Gun
  • 1 Post By Run&Gun

post #1 of 6 Old 05-08-2020, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Telon UST alr screen Review!!!! from Alibaba

here is the Story:

ordered Telon ust alr 120" from Alibaba total cost is $773 to go with my HU85LA, shipping was fast and came in 2 separate boxes.

Installed per their youtube video and instruction manual but upon completion seen this crease on the corner, contact the seller and they admit that the screen cut badly but their solution is not replacing or refund instead they suggest installing foam in the back to push the screen from the frame. and they offered me a $30 discount and refused to exchange it and they say i have to ship it back to chine on my expense.

I escalated the case to Alibaba and will see before contacting the credit card company.

anyone have a similar experience with Alibaba escalation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3598b19f71e157ec4f30d846e7736f86.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	2723342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200505_190946.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	2723344   Click image for larger version

Name:	522af755309d01a2090e1b54c1d76475.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	2723346  

Last edited by iraqgsm; 05-08-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-08-2020, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 2085 Post(s)
Liked: 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqgsm View Post
here is the Story:

ordered Telon ust alr 120" from Alibaba total cost is 773 to go with my HU85LA, shipping was fast and came in 2 separate boxes.

Installed per their youtube video and instruction manual but upon completion seen this crease on the corner, contact the seller and they admit that the screen cut badly but their solution is not replacing or refund instead they suggest installing foam in the back to push the screen from the frame. and they offered me a $30 discount and they refused to exchange it and they say i have to ship it back to chine on my expense.

I escalated the case to Alibaba and will see before contacting the credit card company.

anyone have a similar experience with Alibaba escalation
That is some serious bullsh*t. I would be livid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tristan Jones
post #3 of 6 Old 05-08-2020, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 50
100% unacceptable, especially with a UST projector and UST screen. Just curious, is it attached via velcro or springs?

I hate to be the A-hole, and this doesn't help you right now, but this is why it's not worth it to deal with "direct import" products to try to save a few bucks. It may cost more, but always buy from a company that is an authorized dealer in your country/territory and that can proved authorized support and a factory warranty in your country/territory.

There's an old saying:

Quote:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality remains long after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten.
-Benjamin Franklin

My Mom used to have that sign on the wall over her desk at my families business, that sold among other things, consumer electronics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-08-2020, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
springs and I know its an expensive mistake. hopefully, either Alibaba or credit card takes care of it.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-08-2020, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqgsm View Post
springs and I know its an expensive mistake. hopefully, either Alibaba or credit card takes care of it.
That's really bad, especially if it's springs. I have some small, reoccurring waves in an upper corner, but it's velcro.

Yes, hopefully your CC company stands behind you on this. When I bought my last rpjtv(92" Mitsubishi) from an out of state dealer(authorized), it was delivered damaged, but I was not there to inspect it. It was blatantly obvious something had happened during shipping. There was damage to the outer box and the TV cabinet was broken with an internal support rod sticking out of the cabinet, once you removed the box. At first the dealer tried to pull the 'ole you should have noted the damage and refused the shipment(I wasn't there). So I made a call to my CC company and told them what was going on, then called the dealer back and informed them that if they continued to refuse to swap out the damaged set, they were gonna be on the bad end of a several thousand dollar charge back. They weren't happy, but they shipped me a new set and picked the damaged set up.
skylarlove1999 likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-09-2020, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3990 Post(s)
Liked: 2314
What material is the screen made of?

I have seen some pictures of a couple of these Chinese screen manufacturers locations. The buildings look dilapidated to put it kindly. I am not shocked that there is QC issues. If you want to read about screen manufacturing and QC done right then read Kris Deerings latest review of his Stewart screen.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page