JKP Infinity .9 Screen snap pattern - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Craig Peer

post #1 of 2 Old 05-14-2020, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked: 2906
JKP Infinity .9 Screen deteriorating

I currently have a 100 inch 16 x 9 Da-lite JKP Affinity .9 gain screen and it looks like the screen material is losing its coating. In certain areas of the screen, the screen material looks lighter than the rest of the screen and it can clearly be seen in bright daylight material. The other issue the screen now has is there 5-6 small bright dots. I took a pic of it and zoomed in so it can be seen. I contacted Da-lite and was told my older JKP affinity screen material was replaced by the Progressive .9 gain screen material and that the snap pattern is different between my frame and screen material and their newer frame and screen material. I was assuming Da-lite would have in their records the snap pattern of the frame and Affinity screen material but that does not seem to be the case. Da-lite can sell me the updated screen material but as of right now there is no guarantee that screen material will have the same snap pattern as my screen. I was told to call on Monday to discuss further. Has anyone experienced this issue before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JKP Bright Dot.png
Views:	16
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	2726242  

Equipment List: JVC RS500, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Panasonic UB420, Marantz SR7013 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 monoblocks, 7.4.2 Atmos, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, 2 Volt 6 Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, 2 LaVoce 21inch Neo DIY subs and 2 PSA S3600I'S.

Last edited by Mike Butny; 05-14-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-14-2020, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7967 Post(s)
Liked: 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Butny View Post
I currently have a 100 inch 16 x 9 Da-lite JKP Affinity .9 gain screen and it looks like the screen material is losing its coating. In certain areas of the screen, the screen material looks lighter than the rest of the screen and it can clearly be seen in bright daylight material. The other issue the screen now has is there 5-6 small bright dots. I took a pic of it and zoomed in so it can be seen. I contacted Da-lite and was told my older JKP affinity screen material was replaced by the Progressive .9 gain screen material and that the snap pattern is different between my frame and screen material and their newer frame and screen material. I was assuming Da-lite would have in their records the snap pattern of the frame and Affinity screen material but that does not seem to be the case. Da-lite can sell me the updated screen material but as of right now there is no guarantee that screen material will have the same snap pattern as my screen. I was told to call on Monday to discuss further. Has anyone experienced this issue before?
I haven't heard of problems with the .9 material. There have been problems with the 1.1 material. Maybe you can send in the existing material so they can line up the snap pattern on the new material.
Mike Butny likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page