SI Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro Owners, can ya give me some pics / thoughts? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-23-2020, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 18
SI Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro Owners, can ya give me some pics / thoughts?

Hi All,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro screen with a 5050UB projector. It's a "living room theater" - not a dedicated space. There will be plenty of daytime viewing of football games, morning cartoons for kids, etc. I've scoured the forums here and have found some great information, but a lot of the posts are older. Who here today has a Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro screen? How do you like it? There's not that much content out there. I feel like I've seen every Youtube video there is... This room doesn't get crazy bright, there's no direct sunlight, but I really want it to be as close to TV quality during the day as it can be. I want my wife to feel like I got us an amazing TV, not that I got us this cool dedicated theater that isn't great for TV. If you don't have BD, but you have Zero Edge Pro, i'd love to see some pics of that too. I'm going to get the one w/ the bias lighting.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can show me pics of their setup and give me thoughts.

EDIT: the outer blue tape in the pic i've attached is the dimensions of a 120" screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9433.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	2731526  

Last edited by hungarianhc; 05-23-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-23-2020, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
Liked: 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
Hi All,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro screen with a 5050UB projector. It's a "living room theater" - not a dedicated space. There will be plenty of daytime viewing of football games, morning cartoons for kids, etc. I've scoured the forums here and have found some great information, but a lot of the posts are older. Who here today has a Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro screen? How do you like it? There's not that much content out there. I feel like I've seen every Youtube video there is... This room doesn't get crazy bright, there's no direct sunlight, but I really want it to be as close to TV quality during the day as it can be. I want my wife to feel like I got us an amazing TV, not that I got us this cool dedicated theater that isn't great for TV. If you don't have BD, but you have Zero Edge Pro, i'd love to see some pics of that too. I'm going to get the one w/ the bias lighting.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can show me pics of their setup and give me thoughts.
Your screen mockup doesn't look bigger than 85 inches. Between the cost of the 5050 and a Black Diamond screen you could get a really nice 85 inch television. It would be much better suited to your particular situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tristan Jones
post #3 of 5 Old 05-23-2020, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Your screen mockup doesn't look bigger than 85 inches. Between the cost of the 5050 and a Black Diamond screen you could get a really nice 85 inch television. It would be much better suited to your particular situation.
That's incorrect. the larger mockup w/ tape is the dimensions of a 120" screen. I'll edit my first post to reflect that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-23-2020, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2041 Post(s)
Liked: 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc View Post
That's incorrect. the larger mockup w/ tape is the dimensions of a 120" screen. I'll edit my first post to reflect that.
My apologies. Then certainly an ALR screen and a projector would be your more budget friendly option at that size. A 120 inch SI Black Diamond is going be to quite the expense. Have you gotten a price quote yet on the screen? I would look into Black Matinee screen from Seymour AV. They can send you a sample. It is about 85% of the performance of the Black Diamond for about 50% of the price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tristan Jones
post #5 of 5 Old 05-23-2020, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
My apologies. Then certainly an ALR screen and a projector would be your more budget friendly option at that size. A 120 inch SI Black Diamond is going be to quite the expense. Have you gotten a price quote yet on the screen? I would look into Black Matinee screen from Seymour AV. They can send you a sample. It is about 85% of the performance of the Black Diamond for about 50% of the price.
Yeah. I'm comfortable with the price. Just would like to see more pictures / testimonials of others with the product before I pull the trigger. I really like the look of the Zero Edge Pro Black Diamond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page