Vividstorm Floor Raising Screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-29-2020, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vividstorm Floor Raising Screen

Can anyone share their experience on buying from Vividstorm. Due to my ceiling and room limitations, floor raising screen seems to be my best bet. It looks like they ship the product from China. Purchase is made through Alibaba. Because of my Epson 5030 projector I need to buy their white cinema material screen. Their UST screens are great. I hope the white cinema material is good too. Any feedback on the screen and the purchase process is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-23-2020, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 32
There are a number of YouTube reviews and it does look like a decent screen. I think you can bring it in from Alibaba but I am not sure how the shipping works and how you do the Port to Door shipping. However, Vividstorm has an Amazon website and you don't need to deal with all of that. Of course, the price is higher but you get Amazon backing it, probably stored in the US and shipped.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-27-2020, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotter View Post
There are a number of YouTube reviews and it does look like a decent screen. I think you can bring it in from Alibaba but I am not sure how the shipping works and how you do the Port to Door shipping. However, Vividstorm has an Amazon website and you don't need to deal with all of that. Of course, the price is higher but you get Amazon backing it, probably stored in the US and shipped.
They do a Long Throw ALR Screen material too.

I’m interested in reports about these screens too for the same reason as the OP. Seen some negative reports anout QC issues though which makes me wary of buying something so expensive from Alibaba with expensive shipping.

The Amazon.co.uk listing shows unavailable. Whether that is because they've stopped selling them due to excessive returns Or simply not shipping bulky heavy items during the pandemic. Amazon only seem to do the UST ALR version though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-29-2020, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 233
While I have no direct experience with the Vividstorm floor rising screen, I have spoken with several people who have purchased them and had to return them for something else. The QC issues were real for them, ranging from poor tensioning to twisted arms causing the screen to be slightly rotated. At least 2 of my customers had gone through 2+ units from Vividstorm before throwing in the towel and getting a refund from Vividstorm.

They both purchased them via Aliexpress (not us) and did say the Vividstorm support was attentive and they didn't struggle to get the refund in full. Perhaps their manufacturing (or whatever factory makes it for them) process has improved as it has been 6+ months since anyone has mentioned them to us.

They both purchased the ALR material for UST projectors, so I have heard no input regarding their traditional white surfaces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page