Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-15-2020, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with Projector display

Hello,

I wanted to get a screen for my projector NEC LT380. As you can see in the attached picture, my projection has some extra white space behind the actual image (Shown with red arrow). The loading part in the picture is a rectangle which is an actual display where I can see the movie being played, but the white space on top,bottom and sides are always there.

I am not sure why it is coming up and if I use the screen I am sure it will just spill out of the screen as well. Could you please suggest what this is and how I can fix it. I appreciate it a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Projector.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	2743216  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-16-2020, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 2482 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapecamera19 View Post
Hello,

I wanted to get a screen for my projector NEC LT380. As you can see in the attached picture, my projection has some extra white space behind the actual image (Shown with red arrow). The loading part in the picture is a rectangle which is an actual display where I can see the movie being played, but the white space on top,bottom and sides are always there.

I am not sure why it is coming up and if I use the screen I am sure it will just spill out of the screen as well. Could you please suggest what this is and how I can fix it. I appreciate it a lot.
Your projector is a 4:3 AR business projector and the media you are sending it is 16:9 so it tries to blank out that unused area. That is the low contrast of the projector trying to make black.

The solution is to place a black masking around the area on the screen/wall to catch and absorb this over spill. Black velvet wrapped around something and then attached it the best method.

Bud
post #3 of 4 Old 06-16-2020, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud16415 View Post
Your projector is a 4:3 AR business projector and the media you are sending it is 16:9 so it tries to blank out that unused area. That is the low contrast of the projector trying to make black.

The solution is to place a black masking around the area on the screen/wall to catch and absorb this over spill. Black velvet wrapped around something and then attached it the best method.
I wanted to use it but looks like I have to buy a new one. Thanks for your advise and help.Stay Safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-17-2020, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 2482 Post(s)
Liked: 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapecamera19 View Post
I wanted to use it but looks like I have to buy a new one. Thanks for your advise and help.Stay Safe.
You can still use it and enjoy it. Business projectors and 4:3 projectors are how a lot of us got started in home theater.

All you have to do is mask the gray bars or live with them. I wouldn’t put a lot of money into the fix and know that for around $700 you could greatly improve the picture quality and get into a really nice entry level projector that is 1080p. for about half that you could get something 16:9 and 720p.

Bud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page