Shipping Cost of Screens from China to US/EU? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-29-2020, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Shipping Cost of Screens from China to US/EU?

I'm thinking about ordering a 110" VividStorm Obsidian ALR Electric Floor Raising Screen from Alibaba in China to Ireland. The Price of the screen seems amazing @ about €850, the DHL Shipping cost of about €400, not so much. Has that kind of Shipping cost always been what its cost to ship a 3m long 35kg parcel from China to the US/EU even pre Covid19 or is €400 actually extremely high and not normal and thats just what it costs to ship non PPE during the Pandemic with most of the worlds fleet of cargo carrying aircraft still grounded.

Though I suppose the risk I take, even if it is double or triple what it would normally cost to ship and I wait till the Pandemic is over and the world goes back to normal to save a few hundred dollars in shipping, the risk is that a Global recession might mean the least of my worries is a Projection screen or I might be waiting another year or two or VividStorm may have gone out of business.

I guess with the screen being so much cheaper than what one would expect, even with excessive shipping costs its still much cheaper than similar screens by other manufacturers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page