My system has changed and it has been quite some time since I have posted pics.
: I do not have a room large enough in my townhome for a nice theater.
- I am female. Not male. I like audio and video about the same. Both are important to me.
I now have a StudioTek100. I still have a 120" SNDQ frame. (I started out with a FireHawk G3, then a G4, which I still have but they are rolled up currently behind the couch in livingroom)
I also went with a Sony VPL-VW675es Projector. https://hometheaterreview.com/-sony-...ctor-reviewed/
I used to have a JVC projector. My throw distance is barely 13 feet from the lens to the screen.
I could not be happier! (I think!)
I do not have a dedicated theater room. My theater is in my living room, which has white walls, white carpeting, etc. The house came this way when I purchased it. I have yet to change that! Light coming from everywhere. All the no-no's for a home theater. I even have a giant picture window that I have to block with thick, dark drapes.
Guess what? It works. If I can do this, anyone can put a theater in their home and you don't need a dedicated black out room. I am proof.
Photo attached were taken with my Google Pixel 3XL:
- gaming in the afternoon. Not much light control. but some.
- evening movie watching. almost full light control. (Aquaman photo and GOT screenshot)
- The picture with the letterbox format and the boat is in the afternoon with some light in the room. You can tell, because you can see the wall.
- The golf photo is obviously in the afternoon with drapes partially open. Not the best image, but it IS still possible to watch something with ambient light. Amazing!
In the beginning of starting the theater-like room, everyone said get a FireHawk. And it is perfect for this room. We just decided that since we watch stuff 98% at night and getting a new brighter projector, we don't really need the FireHawk.