The Official Stewart Film Screen thread. - Page 106 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 475Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3151 of 3304 Old 05-14-2019, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,673
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7187 Post(s)
Liked: 8583
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Hello - who are the hosts to whom I should reach out?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
You need to contact a Stewart dealer for pricing.
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3152 of 3304 Old 05-15-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Hello folks - I am trying to construct a home theater with a 135 inch 16:9 AT screen. Can you advise if I could use Stewart screens for this? I have attached the dimensions below.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #3153 of 3304 Old 05-15-2019, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,673
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7187 Post(s)
Liked: 8583
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Hello folks - I am trying to construct a home theater with a 135 inch 16:9 AT screen. Can you advise if I could use Stewart screens for this? I have attached the dimensions below.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Stewart makes a woven AT material- http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/scr...rmony%E2%84%A2

Or, pretty much any material they make can be micro-perf'd - http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/scr...ont-projection
Craig Peer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3154 of 3304 Old 06-04-2019, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 76
I'm looking to upgrade from my Carada 106"screen to Stewart screen. My set up is in my family room that I have same light control. My projector is a JVC x590 and distance is 14'5" to screen. So which screen would be best for my set up?
Stan-Lee likes this.
jsil is offline  
post #3155 of 3304 Old 06-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
 
drober30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MI
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I received a screen sample, is it the same on both sides? One side does have a label that says "NEVE" but I don't really see a difference from front or back?

How should I stick this 8x11 screen sample to my existing screen without damaging my screen? I think it will be tough to judge quality with this small sample, is there a best practice on where to position it?
drober30 is offline  
post #3156 of 3304 Old 06-06-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,673
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7187 Post(s)
Liked: 8583
Quote:
Originally Posted by drober30 View Post
I received a screen sample, is it the same on both sides? One side does have a label that says "NEVE" but I don't really see a difference from front or back?

How should I stick this 8x11 screen sample to my existing screen without damaging my screen? I think it will be tough to judge quality with this small sample, is there a best practice on where to position it?
Sticker faces you. Try double face tape and a piece of cardboard the same size, that you can hang in front of your screen.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3157 of 3304 Old 06-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
Don Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Stewart Filmscreen Corporation. USA
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 194
For those who may be interested, we just went live with an all completely brand new, clean slate design website. Please come and visit when you get a chance.
Please click on link on my signature below.


Thanks,
Best Regards,
Don
woodhead2 likes this.

Manufactures of Precision Professional Projection Screens.
An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company.
UL GREENGUARD Certified For Environmentally Friendly Products.
http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/
Don Stewart is offline  
post #3158 of 3304 Old 06-11-2019, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MadMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Hello All (and Don!)

I'm likely going to get a Stewart Studiotek 130 for my RS500 projector. The throw distance is limited to about 12'2" so I'm going considering a 118" diag screen (16:9).

Note: I _might_ go down to a 115" to help future proof things because the newer 4k JVC projectors have a slightly longer throw.

The room is very dark and light controlled.

The projector will be mounted on the ceiling and end up at the top of the screen more or less. Is this a cause for any concern?

Now, I've got a 2nd projector that I use to play games (that RS500 is terrible for games, IMHO). This older Sony HW30ES will be mounted on the side of the RS500 and I'll use horizontal lens shift. I haven't mounted it yet, but I expect it to be 3' off center. How will this impact the ST 130 viewing?

I'm ok with compromises when using the HW30ES but I'd like to try and understand them before I'm surprised.

Thanks!

... Altan
www.aaarpinball.coim
MadMyers is offline  
post #3159 of 3304 Old 06-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Don Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Stewart Filmscreen Corporation. USA
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMyers View Post
Hello All (and Don!)

I'm likely going to get a Stewart Studiotek 130 for my RS500 projector. The throw distance is limited to about 12'2" so I'm going considering a 118" diag screen (16:9).

Note: I _might_ go down to a 115" to help future proof things because the newer 4k JVC projectors have a slightly longer throw.

The room is very dark and light controlled.

The projector will be mounted on the ceiling and end up at the top of the screen more or less. Is this a cause for any concern?

Now, I've got a 2nd projector that I use to play games (that RS500 is terrible for games, IMHO). This older Sony HW30ES will be mounted on the side of the RS500 and I'll use horizontal lens shift. I haven't mounted it yet, but I expect it to be 3' off center. How will this impact the ST 130 viewing?

I'm ok with compromises when using the HW30ES but I'd like to try and understand them before I'm surprised.

Thanks!

... Altan
www.aaarpinball.coim
Hi Alton,
The vertical mounting positions of the projectors are fine near the top of the screen frame. In fact, that is the sweet spot for mounting on a positive gain angular reflective screen. For the HW30ES PJ being mounted at some degrees of the screen's center line, it will not be a problem in your case for gaming. The StudioTek 130 has a very wide Half Gain Angle out at 80 degrees. It simply means that the "slightly" brightest seat will be about, "two seats over" on the opposite side of center screen from where the HW30 is mounted. This will be very difficult to detect with the naked eye, especially when projecting the very saturated images as found with CG gaming content. That said, there will be no unpleasant surprises with the set up you describe above. Hope that helps.


Best Regards.
Don


Edit: For optical spec sheet for ST130 click on link then scroll down. https://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/en...udiotek-130-g3

Manufactures of Precision Professional Projection Screens.
An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company.
UL GREENGUARD Certified For Environmentally Friendly Products.
http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/

Last edited by Don Stewart; 06-11-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Don Stewart is offline  
post #3160 of 3304 Old 06-12-2019, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MadMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Thanks Don. Great info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stewart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMyers View Post
Hello All (and Don!)

I'm likely going to get a Stewart Studiotek 130 for my RS500 projector. The throw distance is limited to about 12'2" so I'm going considering a 118" diag screen (16:9).

Note: I _might_ go down to a 115" to help future proof things because the newer 4k JVC projectors have a slightly longer throw.

The room is very dark and light controlled.

The projector will be mounted on the ceiling and end up at the top of the screen more or less. Is this a cause for any concern?

Now, I've got a 2nd projector that I use to play games (that RS500 is terrible for games, IMHO). This older Sony HW30ES will be mounted on the side of the RS500 and I'll use horizontal lens shift. I haven't mounted it yet, but I expect it to be 3' off center. How will this impact the ST 130 viewing?

I'm ok with compromises when using the HW30ES but I'd like to try and understand them before I'm surprised.

Thanks!

... Altan
www.aaarpinball.coim
Hi Alton,
The vertical mounting positions of the projectors are fine near the top of the screen frame. In fact, that is the sweet spot for mounting on a positive gain angular reflective screen. For the HW30ES PJ being mounted at some degrees of the screen's center line, it will not be a problem in your case for gaming. The StudioTek 130 has a very wide Half Gain Angle out at 80 degrees. It simply means that the "slightly" brightest seat will be about, "two seats over" on the opposite side of center screen from where the HW30 is mounted. This will be very difficult to detect with the naked eye, especially when projecting the very saturated images as found with CG gaming content. That said, there will be no unpleasant surprises with the set up you describe above. Hope that helps.


Best Regards.
Don


Edit: For optical spec sheet for ST130 click on link then scroll down. https://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/en...udiotek-130-g3
MadMyers is offline  
post #3161 of 3304 Old 06-19-2019, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MadMyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Oh! And BTW, I placed my order for a 16:9 115" Studiotek 130 G3 last Friday.

Will post thoughts when I get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stewart View Post
Hi Alton,
The vertical mounting positions of the projectors are fine near the top of the screen frame. In fact, that is the sweet spot for mounting on a positive gain angular reflective screen. For the HW30ES PJ being mounted at some degrees of the screen's center line, it will not be a problem in your case for gaming. The StudioTek 130 has a very wide Half Gain Angle out at 80 degrees. It simply means that the "slightly" brightest seat will be about, "two seats over" on the opposite side of center screen from where the HW30 is mounted. This will be very difficult to detect with the naked eye, especially when projecting the very saturated images as found with CG gaming content. That said, there will be no unpleasant surprises with the set up you describe above. Hope that helps.


Best Regards.
Don


Edit: For optical spec sheet for ST130 click on link then scroll down. https://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/en...udiotek-130-g3
MadMyers is offline  
post #3162 of 3304 Old 06-20-2019, 03:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RickAVManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,140
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Hi, a post just to say thanks to Stewart for their excellent screen and service.

I live in Canada and bought a Cima Neve 138 inch from my local dealer. The shipping was fast for a made in USA screen. I was also impress by the packaging. It’s the best package I ever received. The screen and frame are so well pack and so well protect that even for long ride like US to Canada I am not afraid of any damage... It is clear that some peoples have put times and thinking on that matter and it’s work. Also the quality of the packaging is the best. When you buy a Stewart you buy the best and the packaging scream quality.

As for the assembly, it was so easy, the instruction are simple and everything just go easy and fast. The manual is really well done. Once again the notation of different part is well done, simple, easy to follow and like the packaging, some people clearly have put times and thinking to make this fast and simple. Stewart is a mature business that have a long time experience in screen and it shows.

As for the screen material, the protection in the package for the material it’s almost crazy. Crazy good! The material is roll in a separate tube and also there’s a foam protection all hover it. Again, perfect.

Last but not least, the performance of the Cima Neve is just incredible. The added gain make my JVC NX5 really shine. Now my color are vivid, white is white and HDR as never look that good.

So yes I am very satisfied of Stewart screen. Agree they are not the cheapest around but everything is well think and the performance top notch.

Thanks Stewart for making that quality Screen and thanks to your team for all the hard work you put in the details and the quality.

We live in a world where cheap product rules and it’s harder and harder for good quality company to survive. They have to work very hard to be able to compete.

Please continue your good work, we need company and teams like yours...
RickAVManiac is online now  
post #3163 of 3304 Old 06-20-2019, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
Fargus777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Anyone in the Dallas area know of a local dealer? When I go to the Stewart website it only lists 2 in Texas and they are in Austin and near Houston.
Also, Is the Balon Borderless a good screen for 2:35 ratio? Not sure if you need a little bit of border to help with parts of the image bleeding over.

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
Fargus777 is offline  
post #3164 of 3304 Old 06-20-2019, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
Don Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Stewart Filmscreen Corporation. USA
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post
Anyone in the Dallas area know of a local dealer? When I go to the Stewart website it only lists 2 in Texas and they are in Austin and near Houston.
Also, Is the Balon Borderless a good screen for 2:35 ratio? Not sure if you need a little bit of border to help with parts of the image bleeding over.
Actually, what you saw on our website for the Texas area is the listing of our residential factory rep who manages all the local retail dealers in your region.
Please give Elite Pro a call at 281 973-9991. They can match you up with several dealers in your local area.


Hope that helps.


Best Regards,
Don
Dave Vaughn and Fargus777 like this.

Manufactures of Precision Professional Projection Screens.
An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company.
UL GREENGUARD Certified For Environmentally Friendly Products.
http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/
Don Stewart is offline  
post #3165 of 3304 Old 06-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
scanido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I’m planning on a new cinemascope screen and narrowed it down to Balon Borderless or Wallscreen 1.5. I’m leaning towards the former do that little extra size but have not come across much reviews on it.

Anyone that with a Balon Borderless, would you purchase again?

Also, is the LED kit worth getting?

See Profile
scanido is online now  
post #3166 of 3304 Old 06-24-2019, 12:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
I’m planning on a new cinemascope screen and narrowed it down to Balon Borderless or Wallscreen 1.5. I’m leaning towards the former do that little extra size but have not come across much reviews on it.

Anyone that with a Balon Borderless, would you purchase again?

Also, is the LED kit worth getting?
I have a 130” diagonal 2.4:1 Balón Borderless, I’m happy with my purchase and I think I would buy it again. I chose the borderless screen to maximize my available space. I was upgrading from an older Carada CCW 112”, the new screen ended up being about the same height, maybe even slightly shorter and quite a bit wider.

The screen arrived in a box as long as the screen, Stewart’s packaging was pretty amazing. The frame was easy to put together, it took a little effort to snap the screen onto the frame and I would have preferred a single wall mounting bracket instead of 2 but in my case it needed a back brace in the middle.

The screen is great but I do have a velvet covered wall behind it, not sure if I would choose it otherwise. And of course the ST100 material is excellent. Overall I’m pretty happy with this screen.

I did not get the LED kit as I would probably never use it.
Craig Peer likes this.
azkino is offline  
post #3167 of 3304 Old 06-28-2019, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
scanido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkino View Post
I have a 130” diagonal 2.4:1 Balón Borderless, I’m happy with my purchase and I think I would buy it again. I chose the borderless screen to maximize my available space. I was upgrading from an older Carada CCW 112”, the new screen ended up being about the same height, maybe even slightly shorter and quite a bit wider.

The screen arrived in a box as long as the screen, Stewart’s packaging was pretty amazing. The frame was easy to put together, it took a little effort to snap the screen onto the frame and I would have preferred a single wall mounting bracket instead of 2 but in my case it needed a back brace in the middle.

The screen is great but I do have a velvet covered wall behind it, not sure if I would choose it otherwise. And of course the ST100 material is excellent. Overall I’m pretty happy with this screen.

I did not get the LED kit as I would probably never use it.
Great to hear! I am set on that screen.

.....but now questioning the material of choice. StudioTek 100 was my intial choice, but ST130 came up and i am leaning towards that now so i can run my VW500ES (same as vw600es), in LOW lamp mode most of the time so I am not sure if I go with StudioTek 100 or 130.

I would envision using HIGH lamp for gatherings and watching TV / Sports events and having some low ambiant light, when projector fan noise is not an issue. I would be watching in total darkness for movies though.

Here are my room details:

Room: 15' x 19'

Throw: 15.5 ft approx.
screen: 120" width 2.40:1
Room: Black flat ceilings, medium gray walls, medium gray carpet.
lighting: small window rear corner of room with room darkening. Cove lighting.

So if I wanted to watch in low lamp mode most of the time for this setting, which material would you go with knowing that projectors are getting more lumens, and requirements for HDR, etc?

See Profile
scanido is online now  
post #3168 of 3304 Old 06-28-2019, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
Great to hear! I am set on that screen.

.....but now questioning the material of choice. StudioTek 100 was my intial choice, but ST130 came up and i am leaning towards that now so i can run my VW500ES (same as vw600es), in LOW lamp mode most of the time so I am not sure if I go with StudioTek 100 or 130.

I would envision using HIGH lamp for gatherings and watching TV / Sports events and having some low ambiant light, when projector fan noise is not an issue. I would be watching in total darkness for movies though.

Here are my room details:

Room: 15' x 19'

Throw: 15.5 ft approx.
screen: 120" width 2.40:1
Room: Black flat ceilings, medium gray walls, medium gray carpet.
lighting: small window rear corner of room with room darkening. Cove lighting.

So if I wanted to watch in low lamp mode most of the time for this setting, which material would you go with knowing that projectors are getting more lumens, and requirements for HDR, etc?
Most people would probably recommend ST130 for added brightness for HDR. I think ST100 works great in a black room with proper tone mapping. I haven’t seen ST130 so I’m not sure how much difference there’s between them.
azkino is offline  
post #3169 of 3304 Old 06-28-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,673
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7187 Post(s)
Liked: 8583
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido View Post
Great to hear! I am set on that screen.

.....but now questioning the material of choice. StudioTek 100 was my intial choice, but ST130 came up and i am leaning towards that now so i can run my VW500ES (same as vw600es), in LOW lamp mode most of the time so I am not sure if I go with StudioTek 100 or 130.

I would envision using HIGH lamp for gatherings and watching TV / Sports events and having some low ambiant light, when projector fan noise is not an issue. I would be watching in total darkness for movies though.

Here are my room details:

Room: 15' x 19'

Throw: 15.5 ft approx.
screen: 120" width 2.40:1
Room: Black flat ceilings, medium gray walls, medium gray carpet.
lighting: small window rear corner of room with room darkening. Cove lighting.

So if I wanted to watch in low lamp mode most of the time for this setting, which material would you go with knowing that projectors are getting more lumens, and requirements for HDR, etc?
Get screen samples. The Studiotek 130 is THE go to screen for demos at Cedia. I have one, and i love it ( and I have a Cima Neve and I love that too ).

A lot of folks like the ST100 too. But to my eye it looks a bit dull. I like a bright picture and I like a little gain ( not too much, and the St130 is just right - a Goldilocks screen ) !
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3170 of 3304 Old 06-28-2019, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
scanido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Get screen samples. The Studiotek 130 is THE go to screen for demos at Cedia. I have one, and i love it ( and I have a Cima Neve and I love that too ).

A lot of folks like the ST100 too. But to my eye it looks a bit dull. I like a bright picture and I like a little gain ( not too much, and the St130 is just right - a Goldilocks screen ) !
Good to hear..... I went with the ST130! Cant wait to get it setup
Craig Peer likes this.

See Profile
scanido is online now  
post #3171 of 3304 Old 06-30-2019, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,340
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1929 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
The Neve would be a big improvement. I had an HCCV screen. The Neve will have no screen structure / texture in comparison, be brighter, and have next to no surface sheen in comparison. I replaced my HCCV with the Cima Neve over 5 years ago. Still couldn't be happier ! Screen shots -
Hi Craig, I’m just in the process of getting an N7...considering the Cima and 130 for my bat cave, 110-115” 2.35...I know it’s hard to tell from your pictures, but to me, the Cima looks more “natural” where the 130 looks a bit “hotter”...Which one would u recommend for a bat cave? Thanks...
.

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual SVS SB3000, Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
125" 2.35 Stewart Cima Neve Tab Tensioned Electric
asharma is offline  
post #3172 of 3304 Old 06-30-2019, 10:09 AM
Member
 
Stan-Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Calif
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post
I'm looking to upgrade from my Carada 106"screen to Stewart screen. My set up is in my family room that I have same light control. My projector is a JVC x590 and distance is 14'5" to screen. So which screen would be best for my set up?
How much light control? Can you post a photo? Any windows or light coming from there areas?
Stan-Lee is offline  
post #3173 of 3304 Old 06-30-2019, 10:30 AM
Member
 
Stan-Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Calif
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
My system has changed and it has been quite some time since I have posted pics.
NOTE #1 : I do not have a room large enough in my townhome for a nice theater.
NOTE #2 - I am female. Not male. I like audio and video about the same. Both are important to me.

I now have a StudioTek100. I still have a 120" SNDQ frame. (I started out with a FireHawk G3, then a G4, which I still have but they are rolled up currently behind the couch in livingroom)
I also went with a Sony VPL-VW675es Projector. https://hometheaterreview.com/-sony-...ctor-reviewed/
I used to have a JVC projector. My throw distance is barely 13 feet from the lens to the screen.

I could not be happier! (I think!)

I do not have a dedicated theater room. My theater is in my living room, which has white walls, white carpeting, etc. The house came this way when I purchased it. I have yet to change that! Light coming from everywhere. All the no-no's for a home theater. I even have a giant picture window that I have to block with thick, dark drapes.

Guess what? It works. If I can do this, anyone can put a theater in their home and you don't need a dedicated black out room. I am proof.

Photo attached were taken with my Google Pixel 3XL:
- gaming in the afternoon. Not much light control. but some.
- evening movie watching. almost full light control. (Aquaman photo and GOT screenshot)
- The picture with the letterbox format and the boat is in the afternoon with some light in the room. You can tell, because you can see the wall.
- The golf photo is obviously in the afternoon with drapes partially open. Not the best image, but it IS still possible to watch something with ambient light. Amazing!

In the beginning of starting the theater-like room, everyone said get a FireHawk. And it is perfect for this room. We just decided that since we watch stuff 98% at night and getting a new brighter projector, we don't really need the FireHawk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ST100-Game2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	578.9 KB
ID:	2586000   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST100-Game1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	487.8 KB
ID:	2586002   Click image for larger version

Name:	St100-Night-Movie.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	483.2 KB
ID:	2586006   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST100GOT-1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	2586008   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST100-afternoon.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	2586010  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ST100-ambient.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	2586060   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST100-frame.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	2586062   Click image for larger version

Name:	St100-livroom2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	2586064   Click image for larger version

Name:	ST100-livroom.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	2586066   Click image for larger version

Name:	PJ675es.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	603.6 KB
ID:	2586068  


Last edited by Stan-Lee; 07-03-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Stan-Lee is offline  
post #3174 of 3304 Old 06-30-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Just emailed you thanks.

jsil is offline  
post #3175 of 3304 Old 06-30-2019, 10:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,673
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7187 Post(s)
Liked: 8583
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Hi Craig, I’m just in the process of getting an N7...considering the Cima and 130 for my bat cave, 110-115” 2.35...I know it’s hard to tell from your pictures, but to me, the Cima looks more “natural” where the 130 looks a bit “hotter”...Which one would u recommend for a bat cave? Thanks...
.
Either one, but can you get samples of each ? Send me an email and I can send you some.
asharma likes this.
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3176 of 3304 Old 07-03-2019, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
scanido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 812
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan-Lee View Post
My system has changed and it has been quite some time since I have posted pics.
NOTE #1 : I do not have a room large enough in my townhome for a nice theater.
NOTE #2 - I am female. Not male. I like audio and video about the same. Both are important to me.

I now have a StudioTek100. I still have a 120" SNDQ frame. (I started out with a FireHawk G3, then a G4, which I still have but they are rolled up currently behind the couch in livingroom)
I also went with a Sony VPL-VW675es Projector. https://hometheaterreview.com/-sony-...ctor-reviewed/
I used to have a JVC projector. My throw distance is 13.5 feet from the lens to the screen.

I could not be happier! (I think!)

I do not have a dedicated theater room. My theater is in my living room, which has white walls, white carpeting, etc. Light coming from everywhere. All the no-no's for a home theater. I even have a giant picture window that I have to block with thick, dark drapes.

Guess what? It works. If I can do this, anyone can put a theater in their home and you don't need a dedicated black out room. I am proof.

Photo attached were taken with my Google Pixel 3XL:
- gaming in the afternoon. Not much light control. but some.
- evening movie watching. almost full light control. (Aquaman photo and GOT screenshot)
- The picture with the letterbox format and the boat is in the afternoon with some light in the room. You can tell, because you can see the wall.
- The golf photo is obviously in the afternoon with drapes partially open. Not the best image, but it IS still possible to watch something with ambient light. Amazing!

In the beginning of starting the theater-like room, everyone said get a FireHawk. And it is perfect for this room. We just decided that since we watch stuff 98% at night and getting a new brighter projector, we don't really need the FireHawk.
Wow, nice setup you got there! Your review of the ST100 in that environment and with the equipment upfront is positive to hear for anyone in doubt that the ST100 needs a completely blacked out room.
Stan-Lee likes this.

See Profile
scanido is online now  
post #3177 of 3304 Old 07-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
Fargus777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Im looking into the Luxus Below Ceiling and when searching the thread for thoughts on them, I keep seeing people refer to some as Luxus Deluxe. Is there a link to this on the website to see what it adds over the Luxus? I only see Luxus, Luxus Medio and Grande on there.

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
Fargus777 is offline  
post #3178 of 3304 Old 07-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
Don Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Stewart Filmscreen Corporation. USA
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post
Im looking into the Luxus Below Ceiling and when searching the thread for thoughts on them, I keep seeing people refer to some as Luxus Deluxe. Is there a link to this on the website to see what it adds over the Luxus? I only see Luxus, Luxus Medio and Grande on there.
Hi Fargus,

The "Luxus Deluxe" is a fixed wall mounted screen and frame.
For below ceiling mount retractable screen models, you can choose between the Luxus retractable, the Cabaret, and the Cima below ceiling mount. All models are tab tension.


Hope that helps,
Don
Fargus777 likes this.

Manufactures of Precision Professional Projection Screens.
An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company.
UL GREENGUARD Certified For Environmentally Friendly Products.
http://www.stewartfilmscreen.com/
Don Stewart is offline  
post #3179 of 3304 Old 07-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I am considering upgrading from a Severtson to a Stewart ST130. The Severtson is pretty good but with the NX7 I feel like there is quite a bit more clarity and highlight detail with HDR to be had with a better screen (also the sparkles on animated movies/brighter patches drive me nuts).

Can anyone recommend a Canadian dealer (I am in Saskatchewan) that could send samples? I would like to see the Neve as well. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cogdok is offline  
post #3180 of 3304 Old 07-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post
Im looking into the Luxus Below Ceiling and when searching the thread for thoughts on them, I keep seeing people refer to some as Luxus Deluxe. Is there a link to this on the website to see what it adds over the Luxus? I only see Luxus, Luxus Medio and Grande on there.
With their new website, Stewart renamed a few things. the Luxus products have slightly different chassis sizes, hence the Medio and Grande.
mind
I also think they redesigned the chassis of the Luxus, ergo, MUCH better. The form factor of the chassis is installation based, but keep in mind, the material is what you are after!
Killer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Stewart Firehawk G3

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off