The Official Stewart Film Screen thread. - Page 118 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 702Likes

post #3511 of 3511 Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4363 Post(s)
Liked: 7926
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm007 View Post
Kris

Assume you have the projector with enough horse power on a directors screen configuration 72" x 144" with screen being perforated,

is there enough difference in images that you would update one's screen from a Studiotek 100 perforated installed 2016 to the new G4 Studiotek 130 perforated? Obviously one would have to recalibrate their system with the new screen.

Your thoughts?

Jim
The ST100 is still the benchmark and easily the best screen I've ever used or seen. The G4 just moves the ST130 closer to that performance in terms of visible texture, but it doesn't match it (either with texture or brightness uniformity). If I had a target brightness in mind for a screen setup and I could achieve it easily with either screen, I would probably lean toward the ST100 (so long as I had some headroom for lamp dimming and such). The ST130 would also allow you to use an aperture a bit more to increase contrast in the image, so that is a bonus. But if I had plenty of headroom already with a ST100, I'd stick with it.
rossandwendy, asharma and A7mad78 like this.

My Home Theater UPDATED NOV 2019
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Stewart Firehawk G3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page