The official Carada screen thread. - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 61Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1501 of 1730 Old 11-15-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 76
They don't have the wall bracket's for the screen. Looks like I need to order some from Carada or go to home depot.

jsil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1502 of 1730 Old 11-15-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,368
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1596 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post
They don't have the wall bracket's for the screen. Looks like I need to order some from Carada or go to home depot.
I forget what they look like, but I am sure you can just use a French cleat. You have to mount the top and bottom. I mounted my acoustical panels with cleats from the Home Depot.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #1503 of 1730 Old 11-15-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 76
That's what I'm thinking on getting at home depot and putting Furring Strip Board. Then mount the French cleats to the board. What's the total weight of the screen.

jsil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1504 of 1730 Old 11-15-2014, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Got the screen set up but not mounted yet. I notice that the back of the screen is white and not black like other screens. Does the light go straight through the screen.

jsil is offline  
post #1505 of 1730 Old 11-16-2014, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Got the screen mounted and so far looks good. Got to watch some football and a movie tonight. The picture looks sharper and color's have more pop not bad at all for $200.


Last edited by jsil; 11-17-2014 at 12:10 PM.
jsil is offline  
post #1506 of 1730 Old 12-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Member
 
steveko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Which carada would you choose?

I'm looking at the different carada screens and while the pictures on their website are a bit lacking I think understand the general difference in look between the criterion and precision and am curious on some thoughts of my situation. I'm looking at the 110" screen and will be projecting a Sony HW40ES onto it. My front wall is 100" and then on both sides there is a 135 degree angle where the wall continues out. The precision width with frame is exactly 100, same as the wall so would fit perfectly. Unfortunately, looking at both I think I like the look of the criterion better, which is 102.5". So that would work, but I would have to mount the screen 1" off the wall to do so. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Steve
steveko23 is offline  
post #1507 of 1730 Old 12-18-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveko23 View Post
I'm looking at the different carada screens and while the pictures on their website are a bit lacking I think understand the general difference in look between the criterion and precision and am curious on some thoughts of my situation. I'm looking at the 110" screen and will be projecting a Sony HW40ES onto it. My front wall is 100" and then on both sides there is a 135 degree angle where the wall continues out. The precision width with frame is exactly 100, same as the wall so would fit perfectly. Unfortunately, looking at both I think I like the look of the criterion better, which is 102.5". So that would work, but I would have to mount the screen 1" off the wall to do so. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Steve
I love the look of my Criterion frame as it makes the screen look more professional IMO. I would ask David Giles your question. David and Carada are top of the line when it comes to customer service.

[email protected]

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #1508 of 1730 Old 12-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Member
 
MyFifthTry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I chose the Criterion frame and think it looks great. Mind you, the flocking material that Carada uses on its frames is so black that from any distance you can't discern the bevel under normal conditions. But I like the fact that side-lighting casts no shadow on the screen as you might see with a rectangular frame. As an artifact in its own right, the Carada screen is an object of beauty, and to my eye the wider Criterion frame is of satisfying proportions.

I can also testify (and please don't ask me how I know this) that the frame is extremely robust.

Lastly, I concur that Carada's customer service is superb.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
MyFifthTry is offline  
post #1509 of 1730 Old 12-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Member
 
steveko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Awesome, thanks! I sent David an email. My other option is to go with the 106" criterion which is 99" so would also fit pretty perfectly, but I'd be giving up 4" of screen (which I'm not honesty sure I'd notice, but figure bigger is better).
steveko23 is offline  
post #1510 of 1730 Old 12-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Member
 
steveko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Wow, you guys were right about the customer service, David responded to me in under 5 minutes! Very impressive. He said they could make a custom 107" that would cost the same as the 110". So I'd guess that'd be where I'm leaning right now.
steveko23 is offline  
post #1511 of 1730 Old 12-18-2014, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveko23 View Post
Wow, you guys were right about the customer service, David responded to me in under 5 minutes! Very impressive. He said they could make a custom 107" that would cost the same as the 110". So I'd guess that'd be where I'm leaning right now.
Great choice.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #1512 of 1730 Old 12-18-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,220
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveko23 View Post
Wow, you guys were right about the customer service, David responded to me in under 5 minutes! Very impressive. He said they could make a custom 107" that would cost the same as the 110". So I'd guess that'd be where I'm leaning right now.
Customer service at Carada is outstanding.

Looky here!
robnix is online now  
post #1513 of 1730 Old 12-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Member
 
mcmountainman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
New Owner

Happy Holidays to all ! I just received my new Criterion 96 in screen today which I wont be setting up till the weekend and was wondering if anyone puts Blackout cloth or anything behind the screen ? Im asking because upon reading one review it said the screen only reflects 65% of the light which would incur 35% is going straight through ? ? ? Thought it might be wise to have that reflect back from some white material . Is this really an issue or just forget about it ?
Cant wait to see it in action with my new Epson 5030 ! ! !

Tom O.

mcmountainman is offline  
post #1514 of 1730 Old 12-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
 
JayNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 256
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmountainman View Post
Happy Holidays to all ! I just received my new Criterion 96 in screen today which I wont be setting up till the weekend and was wondering if anyone puts Blackout cloth or anything behind the screen ? Im asking because upon reading one review it said the screen only reflects 65% of the light which would incur 35% is going straight through ? ? ? Thought it might be wise to have that reflect back from some white material . Is this really an issue or just forget about it ?
Cant wait to see it in action with my new Epson 5030 ! ! !
Very curious to hear people's thoughts on this as well.

JayNYC is offline  
post #1515 of 1730 Old 12-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
A.Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Woodbridge, Va.
Posts: 402
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmountainman View Post
Happy Holidays to all ! I just received my new Criterion 96 in screen today which I wont be setting up till the weekend and was wondering if anyone puts Blackout cloth or anything behind the screen ? Im asking because upon reading one review it said the screen only reflects 65% of the light which would incur 35% is going straight through ? ? ? Thought it might be wise to have that reflect back from some white material . Is this really an issue or just forget about it ?
Cant wait to see it in action with my new Epson 5030 ! ! !

I have owned the same 96'' Criterion frame screen w/ the Brilliant White screen material for 5 years now. Originally used it with my Panasonic AE3000, before moving on to the 5030 last month. Up until Spring of 2013 the wall behind the screen was a light beige color and the picture always looked fine to me. The wall is now a dark brown and I couldn't honestly tell you if I notice a difference or not. Which screen material did you get? I believe the Cinema White material is a lot thinner than the Brilliant White. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
A.Bell is offline  
post #1516 of 1730 Old 12-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Member
 
MyFifthTry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmountainman View Post
Happy Holidays to all ! I just received my new Criterion 96 in screen today which I wont be setting up till the weekend and was wondering if anyone puts Blackout cloth or anything behind the screen ? Im asking because upon reading one review it said the screen only reflects 65% of the light which would incur 35% is going straight through ? ? ? Thought it might be wise to have that reflect back from some white material . Is this really an issue or just forget about it ?
65% reflection doesn't necessarily imply that 35% penetrates; some amount will be absorbed in the material.

Having said that, I don't think you want whatever portion that penetrates the screen surface to scatter off something behind and illuminate the back of the screen with a diffuse glow. If anything, I would put something dark and absorptive behind the screen, not something white.

Before mounting my Carada HCG screen I noted that it does allow a noticeable amount of light to penetrate, so I stretched out and stapled a piece of black cloth on the wall behind it just in case. I can't say that it made any difference because I did not do a before-after comparison. The proprietor of Carada was of the opinion that it should not be necessary "but you could do it if it would make you feel better" (or words to that effect).

I did, and it does.
MyFifthTry is offline  
post #1517 of 1730 Old 12-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Member
 
mcmountainman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
New screen

Well I put up my new 96 in. Cinema White screen as previously posted was wondering about light going through screen . I read the other post and luckily for me this screen is covering a window - why lucky ? Because that window and adjoining walls were already covered with a flat black sheet of wood ( : Screen looks nice 650 plus bucks nicer than my old blackout cloth not really but it is smoother . Im glad I did it it would have bugged me never knowing if it made a difference or not .
Did a before and after quick check with spears & muncil and brightness and contrast were almost identical . Watched Pacific Rim and Under the Sea both looked great to me . Ive been through 4 projectors starting out with an old Infocus4805 to my new 5030UB figure this screen will be with me for at least a couple more before I upgrade it . Man this is an Expensive hobby sorta like my JEEP ( Just Empty Every Pocket ) ( :

Tom O.

mcmountainman is offline  
post #1518 of 1730 Old 01-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Member
 
steveko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I did end up ordering the Carada 106" Criterion and unfortunately Fed Ex mangled it pretty badly, which is actually surprising because it's packaged really well with bubble wrap around everything. I called Carada right away and sent some pictures and they are sending me replacement frame pieces (screen was fine, just the frame ended up damaged). So yeah David at Carada is awesome and I can't recommend them highly enough for excellent customer service!!
steveko23 is offline  
post #1519 of 1730 Old 01-09-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveko23 View Post
I did end up ordering the Carada 106" Criterion and unfortunately Fed Ex mangled it pretty badly, which is actually surprising because it's packaged really well with bubble wrap around everything. I called Carada right away and sent some pictures and they are sending me replacement frame pieces (screen was fine, just the frame ended up damaged). So yeah David at Carada is awesome and I can't recommend them highly enough for excellent customer service!!

Sorry to hear about the damage but glad to hear Davild made it right. Carada is the best.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #1520 of 1730 Old 01-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tom899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Brilliant White Criterion 134" 1:78.1

I ordered a Brilliant White Criterion 134" 1:78.1 back on October 14th. I received it on October 17th, very fast! It has been sitting in the box until my HT Media room in the basement was finished, 7 month project.
I'm happy to report I have it up and used it all day yesterday. It is fantastic! I have a Sony 40ES projector mounted on the ceiling 17' away with seating at 15'. Everything is perfect, just as I've been hoping for. I couldn't be happier with my Carada screen!
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB
Tom899 is offline  
post #1521 of 1730 Old 01-20-2015, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,206
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
I ordered a Brilliant White Criterion 134" 1:78.1 back on October 14th. I received it on October 17th, very fast! It has been sitting in the box until my HT Media room in the basement was finished, 7 month project.
I'm happy to report I have it up and used it all day yesterday. It is fantastic! I have a Sony 40ES projector mounted on the ceiling 17' away with seating at 15'. Everything is perfect, just as I've been hoping for. I couldn't be happier with my Carada screen!
congrats- would love to see a pic. I have a 120" 2.35 criterion also sitting in its box since late november. not sure when my room will be done. house project seems to be going slow lately. Hopefully by late spring I can enjoy it. My only concern is that I'm still torn I made the right decision getting a scope screen and not 1.78. Its my first screen so we'll see.
thetman is offline  
post #1522 of 1730 Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Member
 
sm4llz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Has anybody cleaned their brilliant white screen? I think a feather duster works for the most part but am wondering if you get a smudge should you just use soap and water?
sm4llz is offline  
post #1523 of 1730 Old 01-20-2015, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
congrats- would love to see a pic. I have a 120" 2.35 criterion also sitting in its box since late november. not sure when my room will be done. house project seems to be going slow lately. Hopefully by late spring I can enjoy it. My only concern is that I'm still torn I made the right decision getting a scope screen and not 1.78. Its my first screen so we'll see.
I wanted a 2:40 screen but my projector (Epson 6030) needs the additional lense to make this possible at a premium cost, so I went with the 1:78 and like it but do wish I had a 2:40 for movies that are shot in 2:40. The black bars do not bother me. I watch more movies than TV in my HT.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |

Last edited by AlexanderDelarg; 01-21-2015 at 08:56 AM.
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #1524 of 1730 Old 01-21-2015, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,206
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 284
I've gone back and forth with this. I've just read that menus from blurays are off the screen when viewing on scope screen and any 16x9 format movie will look small on a scope screen. I have no real-work experience with this since this will be my first screen-projection setup. My viewing will be primarily blu-ray movies, so hoping it all works out.
thetman is offline  
post #1525 of 1730 Old 01-21-2015, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tom899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
congrats- would love to see a pic. I have a 120" 2.35 criterion also sitting in its box since late november. not sure when my room will be done. house project seems to be going slow lately. Hopefully by late spring I can enjoy it. My only concern is that I'm still torn I made the right decision getting a scope screen and not 1.78. Its my first screen so we'll see.
Thanks thetman, here are a couple of pictures.




Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB

Last edited by Tom899; 01-23-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Tom899 is offline  
post #1526 of 1730 Old 01-21-2015, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thetman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,206
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
Thanks thetman, here are a couple of pictures.





very nice. looks like Klipsch speakers? Thats a big screen, I bet movies look awesome on it. love the whole set up too.
thetman is offline  
post #1527 of 1730 Old 02-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Newbie
 
mcheck14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Ok guys, need some help here. I have been researching like crazy and can't come up a good answer.
Moving into a new house before long which means I need a new screen. My current screen is staying in this house. It is an Elite Cine-white. At the new house I really want to go with a Carada. I need help on which material to go with.

Here is my setup.
Projector: Epson 5020UB
Throw distance: Approximately 14'6"
Seating distance:12' to 13'
Screen Size: 110"
Room Colors: Walls and ceiling painted in flat medium to light grey color (couldn't convince the wife to go darker)
Light: Would like to have some ambient light for game days when people are over. For movie viewing, windows can be blacked out.This room is in the basement so we have half size windows.
The screen is recessed into a built in that I did, painted a very dark grey.

Any help on the screen selection would be greatly appreciated!!
mcheck14 is offline  
post #1528 of 1730 Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
ben38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Carada's standard Classic Cinema white may be a little dim for a room with some ambient light. I would go with the Brilliant White screen instead.
ben38 is offline  
post #1529 of 1730 Old 02-25-2015, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
AlexanderDelarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcheck14 View Post
Ok guys, need some help here. I have been researching like crazy and can't come up a good answer.
Moving into a new house before long which means I need a new screen. My current screen is staying in this house. It is an Elite Cine-white. At the new house I really want to go with a Carada. I need help on which material to go with.

Here is my setup.
Projector: Epson 5020UB
Throw distance: Approximately 14'6"
Seating distance:12' to 13'
Screen Size: 110"
Room Colors: Walls and ceiling painted in flat medium to light grey color (couldn't convince the wife to go darker)
Light: Would like to have some ambient light for game days when people are over. For movie viewing, windows can be blacked out.This room is in the basement so we have half size windows.
The screen is recessed into a built in that I did, painted a very dark grey.

Any help on the screen selection would be greatly appreciated!!
I would go brilliant white. David Giles, the owner, also recommends brilliant white for the extra punch even in light controlled home theaters like I have. I love mine.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | Hulu | Roku Ultra | Monoprice 12AWG |
AlexanderDelarg is offline  
post #1530 of 1730 Old 02-25-2015, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 4,368
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1596 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
I would go brilliant white. David Giles, the owner, also recommends brilliant white for the extra punch even in light controlled home theaters like I have. I love mine.
I second this. I to went with the brilliant white and love it.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off