The official Elite screen thread. - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 58Likes

post #2431 of 2459 Old 06-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm going to upgrade to a 135" fixed panel screen in a relatively not light-controlled living room. It would be completely dark at night obviously, but during the day I can use the window panels and black out curtains to block out some light, but there's still significant light leakage. I bought the sample packs to compare the cinegrey, 3D and 5D versions to my current cinewhite electric 100" screen. I honestly can't tell if there's too much of a difference, perhaps the room even at daytime already has enough light control? There might be a difference if I turn on the living room lights, but that never happens when I watch the projector. The 135" cinewhite is $350 but the 5D is $1350, and I can't justify spending $1k more for something that is not very apparent to me. I'm trying to get a decent panel, since this will be used for many years through multiple different projector upgrades. Should I just go with the cinewhite until there's something significantly better come along? Or if I'm ready to spend $5k on one of those SI diamond blacks.

HT: LG OLED65B7A, Denon AVR-X7200WA, B&W CM10 S2, CMC2 S2, CM5 S2, HTR-7000 x4 (atmos), SVS SB13 Ultra x2
Desktop: KEF LS50 Wireless, KEF PSW4000 (https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Fridge...s/#view=r2V6Mp)
Portable: Chord Mojo, Shure KSE-1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2459 Old 06-07-2019, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey guys please help, I'm able to purchase a bring new sealed in box Elite Starling 2 Tab-Tension 150 inch screen for over 50% off. Should I jump on this? The model number is STT150XWH2-E6. It says the screen material is the Spectra White FG (fiberglass backed) matte white. Is it really inferior to the CineWhite? Should that be a concern? Should I stay away from this screen?

I currently have a 159" Da-lite HP 2.8 manual pull-down screen that has been incredible over the years. It still looks incredible but does have a few waves in the screen now. Other then that it's in excellent condition. What do you guys think I should do?
post #2433 of 2459 Old 06-07-2019, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaowner View Post
Hey guys please help, I'm able to purchase a bring new sealed in box Elite Starling 2 Tab-Tension 150 inch screen for over 50% off. Should I jump on this? The model number is STT150XWH2-E6. It says the screen material is the Spectra White FG (fiberglass backed) matte white. Is it really inferior to the CineWhite? Should that be a concern? Should I stay away from this screen?

I currently have a 159" Da-lite HP 2.8 manual pull-down screen that has been incredible over the years. It still looks incredible but does have a few waves in the screen now. Other then that it's in excellent condition. What do you guys think I should do?
I have the 135" in the ALR cinegrey5D material. Never seen the spectra white material. I think this is a good model and at 50% off seems like worth a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2434 of 2459 Old 06-07-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers10 View Post
I have the 135" in the ALR cinegrey5D material. Never seen the spectra white material. I think this is a good model and at 50% off seems like worth a try.

Thanks for the reply. How long have you had yours? I'm just wondering how they hold up over the years. This model in particular, is it reliable. Does this model have any issues developing waves or the screen curling up on sides?

Last edited by plasmaowner; 06-07-2019 at 03:34 PM.
post #2435 of 2459 Old 06-07-2019, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaowner View Post

Thanks for the reply. How long have you had yours? I'm just wondering how they hold up over the years. This model in particular, is it reliable. Does this model have any issues developing waves or the screen curling up on sides?
Had mine only since December. Screen was perfect out of the box. Got it hung and started watching it. Didn't need to adjust anything.
post #2436 of 2459 Old 06-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers10 View Post
Had mine only since December. Screen was perfect out of the box. Got it hung and started watching it. Didn't need to adjust anything.

Okay I think I'm gonna bite. If anyone is in the DFW area and interested in my HP screen please send PM.
post #2437 of 2459 Old 06-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
So after having no screen for over an year, all i have to say is wow. It makes the room so much normal looking. Ended up going with the 135" sable 2 white. I was able to assemble the screen by my self, just need to hang it on the wall. Have it resting on an table as of now. Will post some pictures later.
post #2438 of 2459 Old 06-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Everywhere I look the Yard Master 2 series screen in 120" is Sold Out. Is this a discontinued product or is there just a high demand this time of year? Anyone have any experience with this screen in a backyard setup?
post #2439 of 2459 Old 06-11-2019, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post
Everywhere I look the Yard Master 2 series screen in 120" is Sold Out. Is this a discontinued product or is there just a high demand this time of year? Anyone have any experience with this screen in a backyard setup?

I’ve used the 100" Yardmaster 2 with my Benq short throw projector in a back yard for a couple fight nights. Looks great as long as it’s night time. Easy set up and tear down.

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
post #2440 of 2459 Old 07-04-2019, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey everyone,

I have a Sable B2 and wanted to mount some LED backlights, but since it's so flush to the wall I was wondering how to mount them. Has anyone had any luck with mounting an LED backlight to the fixed frames?

Just getting started building my ManCave and could use all the help I can get.
Gear as follows: Projector: Optoma UHD60, Screen: EliteScreens Sable 2 100" diagonal, AVR: Onkyo TX NR686 5.1.2 atmos, Spearkers: Polk Audio RM6750, Remote: Logitech Harmony One, Gaming systems: PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, HDMI cables: RUIPro Optical cable 33' and Monoprice Certified premium high speed cables.
post #2441 of 2459 Old 07-05-2019, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWilliams View Post
Hey everyone,

I have a Sable B2 and wanted to mount some LED backlights, but since it's so flush to the wall I was wondering how to mount them. Has anyone had any luck with mounting an LED backlight to the fixed frames?
Same here..It just dpesnt have enough room. Only thing you can do is to wrap it around the frame. But you need a lengthy led strip for that.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
post #2442 of 2459 Old 07-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Same here..It just dpesnt have enough room. Only thing you can do is to wrap it around the frame. But you need a lengthy led strip for that.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
I had it wrapped around my old screen, the one in my profile pic, it was DIY, but had issues with it being to bring in certain places as you could see the LED's.

Just getting started building my ManCave and could use all the help I can get.
Gear as follows: Projector: Optoma UHD60, Screen: EliteScreens Sable 2 100" diagonal, AVR: Onkyo TX NR686 5.1.2 atmos, Spearkers: Polk Audio RM6750, Remote: Logitech Harmony One, Gaming systems: PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, HDMI cables: RUIPro Optical cable 33' and Monoprice Certified premium high speed cables.
post #2443 of 2459 Old 07-10-2019, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got an Epson 5040ub and am looking to possibly upgrade the screen. Currently have a DIY Parkland Plastic screen that is 13+ years old. In a basement that is pretty well light controlled, would an Aeon Cinewhite be a good way to go? Can fit in 100" (currently 92") but nothing larger. (Can actually get that one for free with some points I have, otherwise waiting for a SilverTicket deal.)
post #2444 of 2459 Old 01-18-2020, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hey all, I just picked up a vmax135 powered screen, and the motor is bad. Screen is in full drop state.

Is it possible to manually retract this screen at all? Want to manually retract it about 4 inches to reduce the “drop” area above the screen.

Thanks!!
post #2445 of 2459 Old 01-19-2020, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst96se View Post
Hey all, I just picked up a vmax135 powered screen, and the motor is bad. Screen is in full drop state.

Is it possible to manually retract this screen at all? Want to manually retract it about 4 inches to reduce the “drop” area above the screen.

Thanks!!
Call Elite CS. They were very helpful in resolving problems with our screen.
Good luck
post #2446 of 2459 Old 01-19-2020, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Call Elite CS. They were very helpful in resolving problems with our screen.
Good luck
Bought the screen used. CS isn’t going to help me.

I know people in this thread have manually set their own drop limits, I suspect someone here knows if it’s possible to manually wind the screen... even if just four inches.
post #2447 of 2459 Old 01-22-2020, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGeorge View Post
Does anyone have a WraithVeil material rear projection screen? It is advertised as being a 2.2 gain screen, but I want some feedback from someone who has seen one in action. The application will be a high ambient light situation.
you ever get any feedback? thank you.
post #2448 of 2459 Old 02-10-2020, 12:34 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here's my experience with an Elite Screen. Purchased the M80NWV 80" projector screen last August. It's been a decent screen, picturewise, although it did have a little creasing in it. Last week I happened to notice part of the left side had pulled out of the bottom cross rod, about 5, 6" in. The screen had never been roughly used or pulled, and in fact, hasn't really been used all that much. A little poor construction if you ask me. I contacted the company and they were relatively quick to respond. After I submitted the form with a photo and receipt they Fedex'd out a replacement, but the replacement arrives Saturday and although it's the same model number, the hooks are different and face a different direction, the screen material is thinner and the bottom cross pole is square edged instead of a round pole. On top of all this, IT DOESN'T RETRACT when you pull it! Unbelievably. I am so annoyed right now. Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the company and product from my own experience. As always, YMMV
post #2449 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsco27 View Post
Here's my experience with an Elite Screen. Purchased the M80NWV 80" projector screen last August. It's been a decent screen, picturewise, although it did have a little creasing in it. Last week I happened to notice part of the left side had pulled out of the bottom cross rod, about 5, 6" in. The screen had never been roughly used or pulled, and in fact, hasn't really been used all that much. A little poor construction if you ask me. I contacted the company and they were relatively quick to respond. After I submitted the form with a photo and receipt they Fedex'd out a replacement, but the replacement arrives Saturday and although it's the same model number, the hooks are different and face a different direction, the screen material is thinner and the bottom cross pole is square edged instead of a round pole. On top of all this, IT DOESN'T RETRACT when you pull it! Unbelievably. I am so annoyed right now. Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the company and product from my own experience. As always, YMMV
We had initial problems with our screen as well. However, Elite CS went above and beyond to address them. Even after the second issue, they stepped up and took aggressive action to make sure that we were happy. If you are patient, I have confidence that they will do the same for you.
Is it frustrating? No doubt. If you want better build quality, then buy DaLite or Stewart. If you want to pay less and end up with excellent screen material and a working (but less than robust) screen case, then stay with Elite.
Let us know how it goes.
My $.02
post #2450 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
We had initial problems with our screen as well. However, Elite CS went above and beyond to address them. Even after the second issue, they stepped up and took aggressive action to make sure that we were happy. If you are patient, I have confidence that they will do the same for you.
Is it frustrating? No doubt. If you want better build quality, then buy DaLite or Stewart. If you want to pay less and end up with excellent screen material and a working (but less than robust) screen case, then stay with Elite.
Let us know how it goes.
My $.02

Day two, still haven't heard from them. I left a VM yesterday for their head and emailed all 4 of the customer contacts I was given by them. No response. I also see they have a D+ rating with the BBB. Pretty hard to get below an A with them unless you don't respond to customer complaints. A business can respond and tell the customer to go screw and still maintain an A, so. Also see similar from others.
post #2451 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Day two, still haven't heard from them. I left a VM yesterday for their head and emailed all 4 of the customer contacts I was given by them. No response. I also see they have a D+ rating with the BBB. Pretty hard to get below an A with them unless you don't respond to customer complaints. A business can respond and tell the customer to go screw and still maintain an A, so. Also see similar from others.
By "day two", f you are saying that you tried on a weekend, then perhaps they are not getting your message. In our particular case, they stepped up with great communication and service. YRMD.
Also, the difference could be that your purchase was in the middle of last year. Our issues were within the first couple of weeks. Just for curiosity, did you buy directly from them? If so, how long was your warranty?
post #2452 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
By "day two", f you are saying that you tried on a weekend, then perhaps they are not getting your message. In our particular case, they stepped up with great communication and service. YRMD.
Also, the difference could be that your purchase was in the middle of last year. Our issues were within the first couple of weeks. Just for curiosity, did you buy directly from them? If so, how long was your warranty?
Sent them all two emails over the weekend and another yesterday. Also called and left a VM early yesterday. If I sent out a shoddy replacement product to a customer, I'd respond quickly
post #2453 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sent them all two emails over the weekend and another yesterday. Also called and left a VM early yesterday. If I sent out a shoddy replacement product to a customer, I'd respond quickly
To me, considering they have already tried to help by sending you a replacement screen, you seem pretty impatient...
BTW, you did not answer my question. Did you buy it directly from Elite? How long was your warranty?
post #2454 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
To me, considering they have already tried to help by sending you a replacement screen, you seem pretty impatient...
BTW, you did not answer my question. Did you buy it directly from Elite? How long was your warranty?
Had they not sent me a piece of junk in replacement, maybe more "patience" would be warranted. It was purchased from a retailer. The warranty is 2 years. I did finally hear back from them a few minutes ago, but was told what I received was the "new" version and they don't have any of the old. As I stated, the new one is obviously of much poorer quality, not to mention the non-working retractor
post #2455 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If I'm reading this right, it sounds like the "new" replacement screen isn't functioning properly with the existing frame. If it's under warranty(which it sounds like it is by a fair margin), then the manufacturer should be responsible for providing the customer with a wholly and fully functional unit, if just replacing the bad part does not work properly with the remainder of the unit. In other words, if the screen needed to be replaced under warranty and the new version of the screen doesn't work properly with the existing frame and the "old" screens are no longer available, that's not the customers fault, and the manufacturer need to replace the entire unit.
post #2456 of 2459 Old 02-11-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
If I'm reading this right, it sounds like the "new" replacement screen isn't functioning properly with the existing frame. If it's under warranty(which it sounds like it is by a fair margin), then the manufacturer should be responsible for providing the customer with a wholly and fully functional unit, if just replacing the bad part does not work properly with the remainder of the unit. In other words, if the screen needed to be replaced under warranty and the new version of the screen doesn't work properly with the existing frame and the "old" screens are no longer available, that's not the customers fault, and the manufacturer need to replace the entire unit.
They didn't send a part, they sent an entire failed screen.
post #2457 of 2459 Old 02-12-2020, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They didn't send a part, they sent an entire failed screen.
AND, they will probably send you another one to replace that one (if you ask nicely). In our case, they stayed with it until the problem was solved. It took a couple of attempts. Shipping huge projector screens is problematic. Things happen. As I Said, the build quality of Elite is not the most robust (neither is the price). However, the CS experience was excellent.
In your case, they have stepped up so far. Hang in there until you are satisfied.
My $.02
post #2458 of 2459 Old 02-13-2020, 05:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Last year I bought a tripod elite screens size 113. I got and it was a bit wavy spot that was very on the side. a few months later I got in contact with elite about the screen. I sent them a picture of the wavy part.. they sent me a new one.. it worked much better overall. they had me destroy the first screen and take photos. I never had to send that one back.

its been working fine ever since.

Jacob
post #2459 of 2459 Old 02-14-2020, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 View Post
Last year I bought a tripod elite screens size 113. I got and it was a bit wavy spot that was very on the side. a few months later I got in contact with elite about the screen. I sent them a picture of the wavy part.. they sent me a new one.. it worked much better overall. they had me destroy the first screen and take photos. I never had to send that one back.
its been working fine ever since.
Jacob
Sounds like Elite CS stepped up for you. That's what they did for us as well. Glad to hear of another positive take.
Personally, I would not hesitate to buy another screen from them.
Bottom line: If you want excellent build quality, then DaLite or Stewart are the way to go. If you want to spend a fraction of the price and get excellent screen fabric, then Elite can fill the bill. Be prepared that there is no "free lunch". However, Elite CS will try and fix any issue that comes up.
My $.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Da Lite Screens , Panasonic Et Lae700 Replacement Lamp For Pt Ae700u , Projectors , Elite Screens Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page