EluneVision screens - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #1411 of 1433 Old 10-30-2016, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Hi! I was hoping you would be able to tell how this screen has worked for you?!? I am in the same position and have been looking for a replacement for my Dalite HP 2.4 ever since I over aggressively cleaned it a couple years back.
This looks like my last chance, they have one 135" left. It's calling my name
Was hoping you could tell me if it really is exactly like the the 2.4 HP! Or anything relevant about the quality?
Thanks!
I got my 135" EluneVision Reference PureBright 240 screen a couple weeks ago. Yes, it's the exact same fabric as the HP 2.4. I posted some comparison pics of the PureBright material with HP 2.4 and HP 2.8 samples in the High Power thread:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-scr...l#post47504513

I did have a problem with the screen. The rods that are needed to attach the fabric to the frame weren't included with the screen. After I notified EluneVision Customer Support, they shipped those out without any fuss. While it was frustrating having to wait longer than expected to install the screen, I'm happy with the way EluneVision responded to my support request.

The new screen looks great! There were no defects or problems with the fabric. I'm happy to have another High Power 2.4 back in my HT, even if it does have an EluneVision badge on it!

Last edited by henrich3; 10-30-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1433 Old 11-06-2016, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What makes the Elunevision Nanoedge worth 1500.00 more that an SI Zero Edge screen?

I would have to go with a name brand screen like SI over the Elunevision at the same price point.

Last edited by blkz06; 11-06-2016 at 06:43 AM.
post #1413 of 1433 Old 11-08-2016, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry new to home theaters. Whats the pros and cons of getting LED lights on the screen? I'm also looking at the Elunevision Nanoedge. i have picked up the JVC DLA-X550RB and just deciding on the screen still. My room is 17' x 24' with no windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1414 of 1433 Old 11-08-2016, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
What makes the Elunevision Nanoedge worth 1500.00 more that an SI Zero Edge screen?

I would have to go with a name brand screen like SI over the Elunevision at the same price point.
Have they released pricing on the new Aurora yet? I still seems to be "coming soon" per their website.

Though they did change the specs page. If you pay close enough attention, after the screen size there's a dash followed by 1.3, which I'm guessing is the gain.

Either way, you should get screen samples to compare them. A lot of reviews on the SI (I'm assuming you're looking at the Black Diamond series) screens say there is noticeable sparkle/shimmer due to the high gain optical coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncabw View Post
Sorry new to home theaters. Whats the pros and cons of getting LED lights on the screen? I'm also looking at the Elunevision Nanoedge. i have picked up the JVC DLA-X550RB and just deciding on the screen still. My room is 17' x 24' with no windows.
I believe it's for bias lighting. It helps with perceived contrast. But I think that's for rooms with ambient lights. Not a light controlled room like yours.

Though it's also used for the wow effect. Looks pretty cool when you walk into a room and the screen is back-lit.

It comes standard on the Elunevision Aurora Nano-edge. It's an option (expensive) on the SI screens.

It can always be added on your own for under $200 if you modify the screen frame.
post #1415 of 1433 Old 11-14-2016, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

Been a while since I posted on the forum but I should receive a 120" motorized tab-tensioned version of the Aurora screen in a few weeks. Was very interested in the PureBright screen but my setup doesn't permit a fixed frame screen. Would be happy to post pictures once I get it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that posting prices is not allowed on the forum.
post #1416 of 1433 Old 02-15-2017, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth after picking up an Elunevision Luna 128" Cinegray 1.1 this past weekend.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-dig...er-plasma.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
With Eastporters/Elunevision literally just 30 minutes down the QEW, took Saturday afternoon off to check out their screens and settled on the 128" Luna High-Definition-Cinema-Grey-1.1 motorized, to max out my 2:35 . With a helping hand installation was fairly straight forward, set the wall supports 30" in from each end, placed the screen into place, plugged it in, reset the included remote, adjusted for size and away we go...at my age why make life difficult.
http://www.eastporters.com/product/1...n-cinema-grey/
Haven't really checked it in the day but at night the Epson 1440/ CineGrey combo IMHO works great, tones down the reflective output a bit and adds a helping hand for blacks and contrast which gives fairly decent, actually very good shadow detail.

Quote:
Now you see it.

Now you don't.
Quote:
First decent snow fall in TO so a fair amount of reflected light during the day through my opaque blinds ..... haven't really set the alignment for 16:9 but a quick and dirty gives me fairly good idea ...(should change that bluray disc though...lol..)

post #1417 of 1433 Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just setup our 135" ElunaVision Reference 4K Slim frame and I have to say; going from an Elite to this screen has been a pretty big upgrade! Really enjoying it thus far. We watch Arrival this weekend and it looked fantastic. We are so close to the screen it feels like Imax

Chris at Eastporters was great to deal with. Ran into a few issues during the install and he was very helpful. We had some creases in the screen but over a couple of days they completely disappeared.

post #1418 of 1433 Old 03-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
Just setup our 135" ElunaVision Reference 4K Slim frame and I have to say; going from an Elite to this screen has been a pretty big upgrade! Really enjoying it thus far. We watch Arrival this weekend and it looked fantastic. We are so close to the screen it feels like Imax

Chris at Eastporters was great to deal with. Ran into a few issues during the install and he was very helpful. We had some creases in the screen but over a couple of days they completely disappeared.
If you black out those walls it will make a HUGE impact with these reference screens. With your room layout you could probably do it relatively inexpensively with something like black velvet blackout curtains, at least for the front portion of the room. I did this in my old setup and I think I paid just over $20 per set of curtains, for < $100 I did 4 sets + all the hardware needed to hang them. In my new HT setup I've done the front half of my room with black velvet (walls and ceiling) to keep the reflected light to a minimum and you can really notice the difference.
post #1419 of 1433 Old 03-20-2017, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post

Very nice. I hung my 115" this weekend. Love it. One question the mounts that slide in at the top are they supposed to stick out from the screen? And also how many of the sliding mounts did you use? Only at the top? thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2175.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	2039121  

Last edited by keeper; 03-20-2017 at 04:15 PM.
post #1420 of 1433 Old 03-20-2017, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Also, as I have read in a few other posts about the fixed frame screen my screen is sticking out from the wall on bottom left about 3/4 of an inch. How did you guys fix this issue? I also have some discoloration on my fabric in a small area. Almost like not enough was put on or it rubbed against something. You really can't see it until you get close but it is a bit lighter than the rest of the fabric.
post #1421 of 1433 Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post
Also, as I have read in a few other posts about the fixed frame screen my screen is sticking out from the wall on bottom left about 3/4 of an inch. How did you guys fix this issue? I also have some discoloration on my fabric in a small area. Almost like not enough was put on or it rubbed against something. You really can't see it until you get close but it is a bit lighter than the rest of the fabric.
Interesting, I would be contacting who you bought it from. I have neither of the issues that you do. We had an issue with the felt on the inside of the frame but once it was up, you couldn't see it.
post #1422 of 1433 Old 03-27-2017, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I'm interested in EluneVision screens, particularly the In Ceiling 2.35.1 w/ AT screen. Has anyone have any experience with this screen? Everything I searched is years old.

Thanks
post #1423 of 1433 Old 03-30-2017, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Does anyone have any experience or read reviews for the Elunevision Cinema White, 1.2 gain?
post #1424 of 1433 Old 04-15-2017, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Any owner can advise how's the Reference PureBright 4K 2.4 Gain screen material feels like? is it feels as soft as cloth/fabric or slightly harder like PVC/ vinyl material?
post #1425 of 1433 Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone have experience with the Elunevision Juno screen? It appears to be the budget version of the Luna, but I haven't come across any user reviews of this screen since they released it.
post #1426 of 1433 Old 08-07-2017, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Hey guys, I'm about to buy my first PJ screen and I can fit EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned motorized screens 92" or probably 100".

Anyone have this one? It is really flat as they said? Also few guys telling me to get Stewart Neve or Tiburon for my livingroom room. Anybody can compare those vs EluneVision?

Thanks

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
post #1427 of 1433 Old 09-03-2018, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Review of the Elunevision Reference Studio 4K on Secrets:

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...screen-review/
post #1428 of 1433 Old 05-22-2019, 12:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 357
It's pretty rare that I post something negative about a company, but in this case, it's a "caveat emptor" situation, so I'm doing it as a public service.

I've purchased three EluneVisions screens through Eastporters. The screens are great. They perform well. And beyond that, the customer service is great...when they want to sell you something.

Recently, I moved my 125" reference screen from the living room to a room I'm converting to a home theater area. I stepped on a dog toy and the screen's size ended up being a bit more difficult to re-direct than I anticipated. The screen came into contact with a corner of a small table, which resulted in a small slit/piercing about 1" in length.

I cannot afford a new screen at the moment, so I reached out to Eastporters via email, asking if they could send me a small sample of reference screen. It was nearly unnoticeable during playback, except for a small black line, which was the wall behind the screen (which I had painted black). I figured that if I just gently taped a small piece of screen over the slit, the black wall would no longer be visible, and while not an ideal solution, it would reduce it by about 50%. I never heard back from Eastporters.

I decided to contact EluneVision directly, as most screen manufacturers at least sell samples, even if they dont have any scrap laying around. They asked me if I wanted to purchase a new screen, as my plan was imperfect (I already was aware of this, obviously). I declined. They said they would probably be able to help me out. A week went by. All of a sudden I get an email from Elune, from someone whose title in the signature indicated they were an executive with the company. They referred me to an attachment in the email. Odd, but I went to check it out. Thankfully my Avira virus protection immediately quarantined it. I sent Elune an email and asked them what was going on, and they proceeded to tell me that they had been hacked by some sort of bot, and not to open any attachments.

After that, I did not hear back again. I emailed them for a 3rd time, asking if they were going to be able to help me out. Once again, a sales attempt was made. Once again I declined, and reiterated that I was happy to pay for a sample, I just wanted to figure out how to obtain one. They confirmed they do have samples. They said they would only charge me shipping, to which I happily agreed. I emailed them back yet again and asked how I should pay them. Once again, delayed response.

At that point I decided to see if a competitor might be willing to send me a sample. I figured it was so small, a close match of the same gain likely would not make any discernible difference, while still accomplishing my initial goal. The competitor was kind enough to ship one out right away.

So after two weeks, multiple sales attempts, unfulfilled promises, and a virus...EluneVision and Eastporters, with whom my buddy and I have spent over $10k with, never did follow through. Company B, one I hadn't even spent a dime with, obliged within five minutes, and I have the sample in-hand as I'm writing this.

Pretty lousy display of customer service, to say the least.

Last edited by Summa; 05-22-2019 at 12:06 AM.
post #1429 of 1433 Old 05-22-2019, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Summa I’ve been screen shopping for the past two months and was strongly considering Elunevision but when I reached out to acquire a screen sample they declined and told me they don’t send out samples. I was ready to drop a good amount of money on a tab tensioned motorized screen with them but not with out a sample. So I reached out to SI and while it took two weeks to get the samples they did send them. Guess who I bought a screen from, it wasn’t Elunevision.
I don’t know why they won’t send samples but I do know it cost them my business. When spending thousands of dollars on something I prefer to try before I buy. In your case I feel that’s just bad CS. I hope the patch works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Summa likes this.
post #1430 of 1433 Old 05-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Their sales service is good. Their after sales service sucks. I bought 3 screens from them and every time I'd get an e-mail right away when talking about the purchase. Sent them an e-mail for a simple question after the last screen was purchased and never got a response. Tried again, same. They want their money and that's it. Joke of a company. Going with someone else next year when I build my new theater.
Summa likes this.

JVC DLA-RS1000, 120″ EluneVision Reference Studio AudioWeave 2.35:1 CinemaScope screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Anthem MCA 525, Anthem MCA 225, Anthem PVA-4, Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers x4, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Prestige 15B x4, Paradigm Prestige 55C, Paradigm Signature Sub 1, Panasonic UDP820 UHD player, OPPO 203 UHD player, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner, AC Infinity AIRCOM X4.
post #1431 of 1433 Old 05-24-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 4486 Post(s)
Liked: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post
Review of the Elunevision Reference Studio 4K on Secrets:

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...screen-review/
If you look at the measurement data, the Elunvision screen has a gain of 0.8 (assuming StudioTek has a gain of 1.0). Yet the review just repeated the claimed gain of 1.0.
post #1432 of 1433 Old 05-27-2019, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Summa I’ve been screen shopping for the past two months and was strongly considering Elunevision but when I reached out to acquire a screen sample they declined and told me they don’t send out samples. I was ready to drop a good amount of money on a tab tensioned motorized screen with them but not with out a sample. So I reached out to SI and while it took two weeks to get the samples they did send them. Guess who I bought a screen from, it wasn’t Elunevision.
I don’t know why they won’t send samples but I do know it cost them my business. When spending thousands of dollars on something I prefer to try before I buy. In your case I feel that’s just bad CS. I hope the patch works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the part that was very perplexing to me. If they had just said they don't do samples, then I just would have figured something else out (even though it would be odd that they don't send samples lol). But instead, they tell me one thing and do something different, all the while trying to get another sale out of me. Really turned me off. A shame, because the product is quite good.

Enjoy that SI screen, man. I recall from my screen shopping a few years ago that they have very good customer service.
post #1433 of 1433 Old 05-27-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
Their sales service is good. Their after sales service sucks. I bought 3 screens from them and every time I'd get an e-mail right away when talking about the purchase. Sent them an e-mail for a simple question after the last screen was purchased and never got a response. Tried again, same. They want their money and that's it. Joke of a company. Going with someone else next year when I build my new theater.
Such a shame. I've purchased a few screens from them, as well, including this one, and the sales always went smoothly. Always happy with the product. Disappointing that after sales service has to be the fly in the ointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page