EluneVision screens - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #1441 of 1441 Old 11-20-2019, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
It's pretty rare that I post something negative about a company, but in this case, it's a "caveat emptor" situation, so I'm doing it as a public service.

I've purchased three EluneVisions screens through Eastporters. The screens are great. They perform well. And beyond that, the customer service is great...when they want to sell you something.

Recently, I moved my 125" reference screen from the living room to a room I'm converting to a home theater area. I stepped on a dog toy and the screen's size ended up being a bit more difficult to re-direct than I anticipated. The screen came into contact with a corner of a small table, which resulted in a small slit/piercing about 1" in length.

I cannot afford a new screen at the moment, so I reached out to Eastporters via email, asking if they could send me a small sample of reference screen. It was nearly unnoticeable during playback, except for a small black line, which was the wall behind the screen (which I had painted black). I figured that if I just gently taped a small piece of screen over the slit, the black wall would no longer be visible, and while not an ideal solution, it would reduce it by about 50%. I never heard back from Eastporters.

I decided to contact EluneVision directly, as most screen manufacturers at least sell samples, even if they dont have any scrap laying around. They asked me if I wanted to purchase a new screen, as my plan was imperfect (I already was aware of this, obviously). I declined. They said they would probably be able to help me out. A week went by. All of a sudden I get an email from Elune, from someone whose title in the signature indicated they were an executive with the company. They referred me to an attachment in the email. Odd, but I went to check it out. Thankfully my Avira virus protection immediately quarantined it. I sent Elune an email and asked them what was going on, and they proceeded to tell me that they had been hacked by some sort of bot, and not to open any attachments.

After that, I did not hear back again. I emailed them for a 3rd time, asking if they were going to be able to help me out. Once again, a sales attempt was made. Once again I declined, and reiterated that I was happy to pay for a sample, I just wanted to figure out how to obtain one. They confirmed they do have samples. They said they would only charge me shipping, to which I happily agreed. I emailed them back yet again and asked how I should pay them. Once again, delayed response.

At that point I decided to see if a competitor might be willing to send me a sample. I figured it was so small, a close match of the same gain likely would not make any discernible difference, while still accomplishing my initial goal. The competitor was kind enough to ship one out right away.

So after two weeks, multiple sales attempts, unfulfilled promises, and a virus...EluneVision and Eastporters, with whom my buddy and I have spent over $10k with, never did follow through. Company B, one I hadn't even spent a dime with, obliged within five minutes, and I have the sample in-hand as I'm writing this.

Pretty lousy display of customer service, to say the least.
Amazing that people who want to do business don't fully comprehend the power of the internet, and that all the little things count. They get a sales and it's over in their head. So short-sighted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Epson , Epson Emp Tw600 Replacement Projector Lamp Elplp35 V13h010l35

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page