post #121 of 124 Old 08-12-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3028 Post(s)
Liked: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocks1234 View Post
Anybody have any updates on this? I'm looking at getting a Dragonfly AT Screen as well.
Nope, proved to be a dead end for me personally - resolutely the most unhelpful company I have dealt with in this stint of screen material research. I could get neither pricing nor samples out of them, so I pursued it no further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 Old 02-14-2020, 01:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Long time has passed since this thread was updated. There doesn't seem to be any reviews anywhere on the Dragonfly Ultra Acoustiweave material.

For roughly the same pricepoint or slightly under Seymour, I really wonder how it performs. Anyone tried this in the past 3 1/2 years since this thread was updated?
post #123 of 124 Old 02-15-2020, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
Long time has passed since this thread was updated. There doesn't seem to be any reviews anywhere on the Dragonfly Ultra Acoustiweave material.

For roughly the same pricepoint or slightly under Seymour, I really wonder how it performs. Anyone tried this in the past 3 1/2 years since this thread was updated?
Regardless of what your dealer quoted you, it's an imported $400 screen with a 12' visible weave that measures 0.8 gain. If that's where you're targeting, I'd recommend at least going directly to the suppliers like Monoprice, Grandview or Silver Ticket.

Dragonfly is one of those brands that are used a lot in the installed (CEDIA) market where the Karens of the world have no idea what they're getting while the "value" dealers fill the home with Chinese high-margin/ low-cost products. They don't do much in the AVS community where people are the informed-tweaky type.

Cheers,
Chris

Seymour AV
515-268-3369

Seymour-Screen Excellence
515-450-5694
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 124 Old 02-15-2020, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Regardless of what your dealer quoted you, it's an imported $400 screen with a 12' visible weave that measures 0.8 gain. If that's where you're targeting, I'd recommend at least going directly to the suppliers like Monoprice, Grandview or Silver Ticket.

Dragonfly is one of those brands that are used a lot in the installed (CEDIA) market where the Karens of the world have no idea what they're getting while the "value" dealers fill the home with Chinese high-margin/ low-cost products. They don't do much in the AVS community where people are the informed-tweaky type.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks - that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I'm still leaning Seymour, but was just curious about this.

I have 2 projects and will most likely be going Seymour XD for both.
chriscmore likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc3000u High Definition 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page